ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MORE DOCUMENT FOR SPOUSE OF IRISH

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

assbc

MORE DOCUMENT FOR SPOUSE OF IRISH

Post by assbc » Wed May 22, 2013 2:44 pm

My friend got a letter yesterday from INIS asking for an Additional Documents after 12 months of his application,he applied based on marriage to Irish National. Did anyone else receive such letter?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: MORE DOCUMENT FOR SPOUSE OF IRISH

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 pm

assbc wrote:My friend got a letter yesterday from INIS asking for an Additional Documents after 12 months of his application,he applied based on marriage to Irish National. Did anyone else receive such letter?
You are not going to receive such letter if you send it in the first place!!!

What documents was S/he asked to send, could you be more specific?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

assbc

Post by assbc » Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
assbc wrote:My friend got a letter yesterday from INIS asking for an Additional Documents after 12 months of his application,he applied based on marriage to Irish National. Did anyone else receive such letter?
You are not going to receive such letter if you send it in the first place!!!

What documents was S/he asked to send, could you be more specific?
Was asked to provide Proof of address for the past 3 months, letter of employment or social welfare payment and child birth certificate. I never knew they ask for these the second time

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 23, 2013 9:53 pm

assbc wrote:Was asked to provide Proof of address for the past 3 months, letter of employment or social welfare payment and child birth certificate. I never knew they ask for these the second time
They could ask for any documents if they arent clear about the ones you sent them or if they needed more information about the documents.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun May 26, 2013 9:05 pm

They could also be asking for it because it has been 12 months since the first documents were sent in and they want more recent documents now so they are sure that they are still living together as a married couple.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun May 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Monifé wrote:They could also be asking for it because it has been 12 months since the first documents were sent in and they want more recent documents now so they are sure that they are still living together as a married couple.
Exactly, that falls in needing more information about the documents.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Monifé wrote:They could also be asking for it because it has been 12 months since the first documents were sent in and they want more recent documents now so they are sure that they are still living together as a married couple.
Exactly, that falls in needing more information about the documents.
And your point is?

OP, they probably misplaced your friend's child's birth certificate and as for the other documents, they probably just want to see more up to date ones to ensure that the application is still bona fide before they finalise the application.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu May 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Exactly. For spouse of Irish citizens applications, despite legislation specifying that the non-EU spouse reside for 3 years in Ireland and married to the Irish citizen for 3 years prior to application, INIS further require you to submit documents when they actually process the application to ensure that you are still resident in Ireland and still in an ongoing marriage to the Irish citizen.