ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for non-dependant ILR spouse of BritishCitize

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssem
Newly Registered

Naturalization for non-dependant ILR spouse of BritishCitize

Post by ssem » Wed May 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi All,

My husband just got his naturalization as a British citizen. We were originally on individual Tier1 visas and I have had my ILR for last 6 months now and we have been living together in the Uk for 6 years.
My question is could I apply for my naturalization, now that my husband has received his citizenship certificate, without actually having to wait for the next 6 months to complete one year of ILR?

thanks in advance
regards

Amber
Mood:

Re: Naturalization for non-dependant ILR spouse of BritishCi

Post by Amber » Wed May 29, 2013 8:06 pm

ssem wrote:Hi All,

My husband just got his naturalization as a British citizen. We were originally on individual Tier1 visas and I have had my ILR for last 6 months now and we have been living together in the Uk for 6 years.
My question is could I apply for my naturalization, now that my husband has received his citizenship certificate, without actually having to wait for the next 6 months to complete one year of ILR?

thanks in advance
regards
Yes providing you meet the other requirements
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ssem
Newly Registered

Post by ssem » Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks just one more query do I need to wait till my husband gets his British passport to apply or is his naturalization certificate is enough for my application.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 pm

ssem wrote:Thanks just one more query do I need to wait till my husband gets his British passport to apply or is his naturalization certificate is enough for my application.
Once your spouse has had the citizenship ceremony he is British and you can apply send the marriage certificate and his naturalisation certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ssem
Newly Registered

Post by ssem » Wed May 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks just one more query do I need to wait till my husband gets his British passport to apply or is his naturalization certificate is enough for my application.

ssem
Newly Registered

Post by ssem » Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Thank you that is very useful. This forums just fantastic support!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:20 am

:D