ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage interview - FLR (m)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eejzx
Newly Registered

Marriage interview - FLR (m)

Post by eejzx » Thu May 30, 2013 5:52 pm

So if you read my earlier posts you will know that my husband applied for FLR(m) in Dec 11. We've asked for updates on several occasions but were told the same thing, that they could not tell us how long it would take and that the application is still being considered. We got our MP involved and he told us that the home office have now assigned a caseworker (in May 2013!) which means that nobody had even bothered to look at my husbands application since it was submitted and now hi passport has expired. Any way we received a letter calling us for a marriage interview at the end of June, they said it could take up to 4 hours. Now I'm probably going to end up taking my kids because we don't have any family in Glasgow so that means a day off nursery for my 4 year old. I could leave my children with my mother in Manchester but she can't handle my daughter so probably not. we've been married for 6 year and have 2 kids together a four year old and a 3 year old, they were both born in Manchester although we live in Glasgow (we have a tradition in our family that the girl goes to her mothers house to have a child and then stays there for 40 days, anyway my husband stayed with me at my mums house for 2 each time after our kids were born then came back to Glasgow and I stayed there for a further 4 weeks, will this count as living seperatley?

So the home office don't know that me and my husband have 2 children together, should I take their birth certificates (they are both British). Also they have asked for documents in both our names since the application was made, that's ok, should i get a letter from my sons nursery to say that he goes to nursery there? Our finances are not so great but we do not take any benefits, other thatn that does anyone know what type of questions are going to be asked?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Marriage interview - FLR (m)

Post by GodGives » Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 pm

eejzx wrote:So if you read my earlier posts you will know that my husband applied for FLR(m) in Dec 11. We've asked for updates on several occasions but were told the same thing, that they could not tell us how long it would take and that the application is still being considered. We got our MP involved and he told us that the home office have now assigned a caseworker (in May 2013!) which means that nobody had even bothered to look at my husbands application since it was submitted and now hi passport has expired. Any way we received a letter calling us for a marriage interview at the end of June, they said it could take up to 4 hours. Now I'm probably going to end up taking my kids because we don't have any family in Glasgow so that means a day off nursery for my 4 year old. I could leave my children with my mother in Manchester but she can't handle my daughter so probably not. we've been married for 6 year and have 2 kids together a four year old and a 3 year old, they were both born in Manchester although we live in Glasgow (we have a tradition in our family that the girl goes to her mothers house to have a child and then stays there for 40 days, anyway my husband stayed with me at my mums house for 2 each time after our kids were born then came back to Glasgow and I stayed there for a further 4 weeks, will this count as living seperatley?

So the home office don't know that me and my husband have 2 children together, should I take their birth certificates (they are both British). Also they have asked for documents in both our names since the application was made, that's ok, should i get a letter from my sons nursery to say that he goes to nursery there? Our finances are not so great but we do not take any benefits, other thatn that does anyone know what type of questions are going to be asked?
Please do take as many evidences as possible in Ur name and hubby as well. Do take Ur children and birth certificates. It's good so they can see the kids. All the best. Since 2011 that's a while. Am sure Ur husband will be granted
Godgives

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Why does home office not know you have children together?

eejzx
Newly Registered

Post by eejzx » Thu May 30, 2013 10:41 pm

thanks for the reply Godgives, we hav been waiting very long so hopefully yes he will. Ayubbi87 we are never asked. The only space that mentions children is if they are applying too but because i am british my children are too

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Right, yea. I kinda remember that on old forms there were no sections for children of the sponsor who were not seeking settlement.

In the new forms, they ask for all the children for both partners.

I am sure you will fly through your interview without any problems.