ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Passport from Abroad After Getting Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dr_kzot

Applying Passport from Abroad After Getting Naturalization

Post by dr_kzot » Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 am

Can we apply Passport from abroad after getting Naturalization certificate
like Pakistani national can keep dual nationality

Padi123

Post by Padi123 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:19 am

I don't think that you can apply for your passport abroad considering you have to attend interview. About dual citizenship: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... tionality/

Amber
Mood:

Re: Applying Passport from Abroad After Getting Naturalizati

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 am

dr_kzot wrote:Can we apply Passport from abroad after getting Naturalization certificate
like Pakistani national can keep dual nationality
See https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 pm

In theory you can apply for your first passport from Pakistan, but it can take a long time. Let me stress, a looooong time. 6 months is the minimum, but in practice it can take well over an year.

I would say, do not apply for a passport from Pakistan ever.

Best to apply when you are in UK.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:In theory you can apply for your first passport from Pakistan, but it can take a long time. Let me stress, a looooong time. 6 months is the minimum, but in practice it can take well over an year.

I would say, do not apply for a passport from Pakistan ever.

Best to apply when you are in UK.
As all the passport service is being moved to the UK (not sure exactly when) the service should be streamlined.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dr_kzot

Post by dr_kzot » Fri May 31, 2013 2:28 pm

thanks alot is there any necessity or condition to apply for British Passport after getting Nationality if i apply for passport after two or three years as i will not be in the country during that time does it cause any problem

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 2:29 pm

dr_kzot wrote:thanks alot is there any necessity or condition to apply for British Passport after getting Nationality if i apply for passport after two or three years as i will not be in the country during that time does it cause any problem
No, some British people never have a British Passport.

dr_kzot

Post by dr_kzot » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:31 pm

so you are some saying I can naturalized but I don't need to apply for passport

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:39 pm

dr_kzot wrote:so you are some saying I can naturalized but I don't need to apply for passport
Indeed. Your certificate of naturalisation is proof you are a British Citizen, there is no requirement to have a passport. Though, it is a good document to have for identification and travel. If you are staying in Pakistan for some time you might as well just apply for your British Passport from Pakistan.

dr_kzot

Post by dr_kzot » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 pm

What about if we goto Hong Kong and work in a same British company and can we apply passport for Hong Kong

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:28 pm

OK my friend, now may I tell you in simple desi language.

After you attending ceremony at council you getting nationality certificate.

After this you applying passport in england if you wanting. Passport taking about one month to come in the post.

or

You can applying passport from Pakistan, that is also no problem, but passport taking 6 months to come.

or

You can go to Hong kong and then applying for passport, that is also no problem.

or

You can go South africa and then applying for passport, that is also no problem.

or

You can applying for passport from any country in the world, that is also no probelm.

You can applying for passport one day after you getting certificate in the ceremony.

or

You can apply after one month, or one year, or 10 years.

Whenever you wanting to apply, it no problem.

hope I explaining good.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:35 pm

If you ask more questions about passport on this forum, then people reading and telling you. So now I make easy for you. I give you link, and your read yourself, and decide what you want to do.

If you applying from UK then please clicking this link

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

If you applying from outside UK, then you clicking this link.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You please reading the links, all the information in the links. If you ask on this forum, people reading from the same links and tell you.

OK,

thanks