ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Application Fee payment method

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sapeyuk

AN Application Fee payment method

Post by sapeyuk » Thu May 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Dear Member,

My spouse and I are applying for Naturalisation through NCS next week and I am not sure what will be the best method of payment for application fee.

We had a horrible experience when extending our HSMP visa few years back, Home Office sent our application back unprocessed after a few weeks, because they could not take the money out of our account. There was definitely enough money in the account and bank said there was no attempt from HO. We sent our application back with a money order but you can imagine how stressful it was for us for a few extra weeks.

Now, I am a bit worried it may happen again. Could you please advise if such thing has happened for a naturalisation application before ? and if we can pay our fee by money order or certified cheque this time too ?

Many thanks in advance,
Sara

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Fee leaflet link below. You can pay by cheque or debit/credit card. If you pay by debit/credit card, the best would be to let your bank know of the impending transaction.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

teawithlemon

Re: AN Application Fee payment method

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 2:54 am

sapeyuk wrote:Dear Member,

My spouse and I are applying for Naturalisation through NCS next week and I am not sure what will be the best method of payment for application fee.

We had a horrible experience when extending our HSMP visa few years back, Home Office sent our application back unprocessed after a few weeks, because they could not take the money out of our account. There was definitely enough money in the account and bank said there was no attempt from HO. We sent our application back with a money order but you can imagine how stressful it was for us for a few extra weeks.

Now, I am a bit worried it may happen again. Could you please advise if such thing has happened for a natueralisation application before ? and if we can pay our fee by money order or certified cheque this time too ?
C
Many thanks in advance,
Sara
To be safe side you may pay by cheque. It is very unlikely that a cheque will refuse unless applicants hasn't enough money in their bank or sign the cheque with a dfferent signature what doesn't match with bank records.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Reading from this forum, most people pay by credit/debit card, which is a good, easy and quick payment method. Not heard any real horror stories about payment problems with BC applications.

Nationality team seems to be very efficient.

Even if by a remote chance your payment gets declined, nationality team will contact you promptly. Plus with BC applications, you are not chasing visa expiry deadlines etc.

I would say, pay by credit/debit card. Make sure you write your card details clearly.

If you decide to pay by cheque, add another 2 weeks to the process.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Reading from this forum, most people pay by credit/debit card, which is a good, easy and quick payment method. Not heard any real horror stories about payment problems with BC applications.

Nationality team seems to be very efficient.

Even if by a remote chance your payment gets declined, nationality team will contact you promptly. Plus with BC applications, you are not chasing visa expiry deadlines etc.

I would say, pay by credit/debit card. Make sure you write your card details clearly.

If you decide to pay by cheque, add another 2 weeks to the process.
I paid by cheque and yes you are right it takes 4-5 days extra cheque to be cleared. If payment doesnt go throuhj by card then some case worker asked to send correct payment details and some send application back as invalid. My friend nearly 200000 people apply for British citizenship but like I applied in May and only 10 people gave their status update but in a month almost 15-17 thousands people applied. I personally prefer card payment as it is fast but it is just mattet of a week. Some people said in this forum he applied 2nd May and got approved today and booked ceremony already. But i think this kind of quick decission only can happened by error. He didnt even enclosed pre paid envelope. Card is better but cheque is late but concrete safe.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Actually, many naturalisation applications only take about a month. I know of a recent real life case where naturalisation approval arrived in post exactly 29th day of when the application was posted.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Actually, many naturalisation applications only take about a month. I know of a recent real life case where naturalisation approval arrived in post exactly 29th day of when the application was posted.
Well they are lucky then. Then why it takes ages for some people. I know one of my femalefriend who is a Dr and she had no fault but her application was granted after 3 months.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm

I don't think that 3 months is "ages".

UKBA does mention 6 months.

If you read the timelines on this forum, most people seem to be getting it in under 2 months. Many within 5 weeks period.

:)

awdrys1

Post by awdrys1 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:02 pm

[quote="sapeyuk"]Dear Member,

Now, I am a bit worried it may happen again. Could you please advise if such thing has happened for a naturalisation application before ? and if we can pay our fee by money order or certified cheque this time too ?

Many thanks in advance,
Sara[/

I would suggest pay by cheque is the safest way

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 7:24 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:I don't think that 3 months is "ages".

UKBA does mention 6 months.

If you read the timelines on this forum, most people seem to be getting it in under 2 months. Many within 5 weeks period.

:)
Ok

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 pm

awdrys1 wrote:
sapeyuk wrote:Dear Member,

Many thanks in advance,
Sara[/

I would suggest pay by cheque is the safest way
Simply pay by cheque if you dont mind to add extra 3-5 days. And if you are sure card payment will be fine then clearly mentioned your card number. Ok, thank you.