ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ccj and naturalisation application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ccj and naturalisation application.

Post by 2321 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello

CCJ is registered against me very recently ordering me to pay £700(credit card) in instalments each month.

I am due to make my naturalisation application in couple of days with NCS.

Can any one answer to my queries please.

1.will this ccj with instalments affect my application.

2.Do I need to tick 'yes' in convictions(ccj) when I am still paying in instalments.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: ccj and naturalisation application.

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 5:19 pm

2321 wrote:Hello

CCJ is registered against me very recently ordering me to pay £700(credit card) in instalments each month.

2.Do I need to tick 'yes' in convictions(ccj) when I am still paying in instalments.

Thank you.
A ccj is not a conviction thus you do not tick you have a conviction. Rather, you tick you have a civil judgement against you. Providing you are making payments for this debt then it should not result in a refusal. If you can't pay what they're demanding send a N244 form to the court to vary the repayments based on your financial statement and disposable income.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

1. It will be taken into account.

2. Paying the money does not change the fact that County Court Judgement has been passed against you. Hence you must mention it.

Post by 2321 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Thank you.
A ccj is not a conviction thus you do not tick you have a conviction. Rather, you tick you have a civil judgement against you. Providing you are making payments for this debt then it should not result in a refusal. If you can't pay what they're demanding send a N244 form to the court to vary the repayments based on your financial statement and disposable income.
Hello D4109125

Thanks for your quick reply.

ccj could be removed from file if paid within one month(quote from Trust online).

This can be any use for me?please reply.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:1. It will be taken into account.

2. Paying the money does not change the fact that County Court Judgement has been passed against you. Hence you must mention it.
Although, if a CCJ is paid within one month of the judgement it will not be registered on the CCJ register.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Post by 2321 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:54 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:1. It will be taken into account.

Although, if a CCJ is paid within one month of the judgement it will not be registered on the CCJ register.
Does it means I do not declare it in my application?(should I pay CCJ immediately)

please reply.

Thank you.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thank you.
Hello D4109125

ccj could be removed from file if paid within one month(quote from Trust online).

Thank you.
Yes, if you pay within the deadline, and make sure that the lender marks your debts as "satisfied" in your credit file.

Please also keep in mind, that CCJ will effect you in other spheres of your life. There are many jobs where they won't accept anyone with ccj. Not to mention you won't be able to get loans, mortgage, car finance etc for many years to come. Even if you do manage, the interest rates will be very high.

A person with CCJ is like a pariah for lenders, and a good catch for loan sharks.

Post by 2321 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thank you.
Hello D4109125

Thank you.
Yes, if you pay within the deadline, and make sure that the lender marks your debts as "satisfied" in your credit file.

Please also keep in mind, that CCJ will effect you in other spheres of your life. There are many jobs where they won't accept anyone with ccj. Not to mention you won't be able to get loans, mortgage, car finance etc for many years to come. Even if you do manage, the interest rates will be very high.

A person with CCJ is like a pariah for lenders, and a good catch for loan sharks.
Thanks Ayyubi72 for your quick reply.

Could CCJ on file(satisfied or unsatisfied)leads to refusal of my application?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Now let me explain

If you pay by a certain deadline, which will be clearly mentioned on the CCJ you have received, then this CCJ will not be registered in your credit file. So, according to your credit files, you never had a CCJ.

Paying by a certain deadline means that the payment must reach the payee account before the deadline. Merely sending a cheque on last day won't do.

Now, when you defaulted your credit card, it was recorded on your credit file. Now this CCJ will also be added to your credit file.

If you do not pay quickly and pay by installments then your credit will be marked as "satisfied" but CCJ will stay on your file for 6 years.

Not having money to pay your credit card is one thing, and having a CCJ is bigger than that.

I would say, if you have money, immediately pay the CCJ and don't let it get registered.

If you are tight on money, then wise decision would be to pay the CCJ immediately, and apply for naturalisation at a later date.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 6:33 pm

2321 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:
2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Hello D4109125

Thank you.

The important question is does the applicant have intention not to pay debts. Thus if you can show evidence that you have paid or are paying the debt then it should not adversely affect your application. You need to declare regardless of when it's paid.

Post by 2321 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:13 am

D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:
2321 wrote:
Hello D4109125

Thank you.

The important question is does the applicant have intention not to pay debts. Thus if you can show evidence that you have paid or are paying the debt then it should not adversely affect your application. You need to declare regardless of when it's paid.
Do I need to submit court papers as evidence(judgment copy)along with my application.
Please reply.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:18 am

2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:

Do I need to submit court papers as evidence(judgment copy)along with my application.
Please reply.

Thank you.
You need to declare the ccj and state that you are making repayments along with any evidence of such.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:42 am

please reply :!:

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:57 pm

D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:

Please reply.

Thank you.
You need to declare the ccj and state that you are making repayments along with any evidence of such.

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi
tomorrow I am with NCS ,I paid my creditor(ccj) and asked them to send letter with no outstanding balance which they agreed to send.

Now should I wait for the letter as evidence to attach with my application tomorrow or do I postpone the appointment which means loosing NCS fees.

please advice.

Thank you

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

2321 wrote:Hi
tomorrow I am with NCS ,I paid my creditor(ccj) and asked them to send letter with no outstanding balance which they agreed to send.

Now should I wait for the letter as evidence to attach with my application tomorrow or do I postpone the appointment which means loosing NCS fees.

please advice.

Thank you
And can I send the letter from creditor to home office later.

please advise.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:01 pm

2321 wrote:

please advice.

Thank you

please advise.

Thank you.
The CCJ could be seen by the HO as evidence that you are showing no intention of paying your debts and thus not meeting the Good Character requirement. Therefore, it would be wise to include the letter that the debt/ccj has been settled.

If you go to your NCS appointment you can ask them to hold on to your application until you get the letter. They should be willing to do this.

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm

D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:

please advice.

Thank you

please advise.

Thanks

Thank you.
The CCJ could be seen by the HO as evidence that you are showing no intention of paying your debts and thus not meeting the Good Character requirement. Therefore, it would be wise to include the letter that the debt/ccj has been settled.

If you go to your NCS appointment you can ask them to hold on to your application until you get the letter. They should be willing to do this.
Thanks D4109125 for this advise and one more ..
letter form creditor is enough or do I need a letter form court?

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 pm

2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:

please advice.

Thank you

please advise.

Thanks

Thank you.

Thank you.
That shows paying your debt so should be ample.

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:36 pm

wrote:
2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
2321 wrote:

please advise.

Thanks

Thank you.

Thank you.
Thanks D4109125.

Any one with similar situation please come up with advise.
P L E A S E

Thank you.

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 pm

2321 wrote:
wrote:
2321 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thank you.
Thanks D4109125.

P L E A S E

Thank you.
Any one????????????

Post by 2321 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

2321 wrote:
2321 wrote:
wrote:
2321 wrote:

Thank you.
Thanks D4109125.

P L E A S E

Thank you.
Any one????????????

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:07 pm

If someone wishes to rely, they will.