ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Passport after Naturalization application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teawithlemon

Return of Passport after Naturalization application.

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:39 am

Hi I know in any kinds of point based system application including ILR application return of documents mean application automatically being treated as withdraw. But with my Naturalization application I sent all orginal documents and also enclosed prepaid self level envelope. And after received acknowledgement letter I forwarded further documents to HO within 9 days of application by special delivery. Now I need my passport back as I need to travel back home for 2 weeks due to my sister wedding at the first week of August and my current passport will expired 30th August 2013.

Now here is my question -

1. If I wait one more month and request return of my passpot after that in that case do I have to apply for naturalization once again. After one month my application will completed two months only.

2. What will happence if I request returned of psrt dovuments now.

3. Is there any chance local MP will help me and what is the procedure.

Please help me with above questions, thank you. By the way sister wedding came all suddenly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:48 am

Not sure what the procedure is or time frame for requesting your passport back, but this is why using NCS is worth the small extra cost as you get your originals back and they send your application with photocopies of your documents.

You could try this which I found on the UKBA website :
To request the return of documents from any other application for permission to stay in the UK or an application for British Citizenship

If you have applied under any other route and would either like to request that your documents are returned or would like to withdraw your application, you should complete the Return of document request form. You are advised to email a Word document of the application to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as we do not accept scanned copies.

Only the document holder can request their documents back unless it is a withdrawl of an application which then has to be from the main applicant.

Please include your name and reference number in the subject line of the email when you submit the request form. Please do not include any additional information in the email as this will not be responded to.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:01 am

CR001 wrote:Not sure what the procedure is or time frame for requesting your passport back, but this is why using NCS is worth the small extra cost as you get your originals back and they send your application with photocopies of your documents.

You could try this which I found on the UKBA website :
To request the return of documents from any other application for permission to stay in the UK or an application for British Citizenship

If you have applied under any other route and would either like to request that your documents are returned or would like to withdraw your application, you should complete the Return of document request form. You are advised to email a Word document of the application to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as we do not accept scanned copies.

Only the document holder can request their documents back unless it is a withdrawl of an application which then has to be from the main applicant.

Please include your name and reference number in the subject line of the email when you submit the request form. Please do not include any additional information in the email as this will not be responded to.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/
Yes I phoned NCS prior to application but the earliest appointment was 3rd of June and then I phoned next Borough council and earliest for them was yesterday so i decided to sent orginal as didnt wanted to wait 1 month for appointments.
So if I request documents back will my application will automatically being withdrawn ? As im not european national.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:11 am

When did you send your application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 am

CR001 wrote:When did you send your application?
1st of may and they acknowledged it 9th of May . And then after 3-4 days i forwarded more supporting documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:47 am

Applications are taking about 2 months at the moment. When is the wedding?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:51 am

CR001 wrote:Applications are taking about 2 months at the moment. When is the wedding?
5th of August.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 am

You should have a response by then from UKBA and your documents back if your case is not complicated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:34 am

CR001 wrote:You should have a response by then from UKBA and your documents back if your case is not complicated.
If thats happence that will be absolutely great. I heard nationality team is very fast compare to ther departments. All my previous exten 8 times, always granted within 1 month apart from extention number 9 what was Ilr application and it was also decided in less three month. I do not have any conviction or anything like that. I qualify under both category as a spouse of brit citi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:46 am

I applied as spouse of BC and my application took 6 weeks, so hopefully you won't have to wait to long.

Did you apply as spouse of BC or through 5 years residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 am

CR001 wrote:I applied as spouse of BC and my application took 6 weeks, so hopefully you won't have to wait to long.

Did you apply as spouse of BC or through 5 years residence?
There is only 1 application isnt it :-)
With orginal appli i didnt enclosed wife's passport and our marriage cert but on acknow letter they sent me they mentioned an6(2 ) i think administrive worker seen wife details on the form and thought im applying under 6(2) as a spouse. So immediately after recieved acknowle letter i sent them my wife's passport and marriage certificate with a cover letter to the address i got on the header of acknowl letter. And mentioned my name ho ref and all other details and also explained under 6(1) it is not req to attached wifes passport or marriage cert. But still i forwarded her passport and our marriage certificate. And i mentioned everything clearly why 1st place i didnt sent it and why im sending it now as due to acknow letter app type annex6/2.
So what you think they will link up supporting documents or will consider under 6(2) or 6(1). Anyways whichever way they consider i fullfill the requirements and forwarding documents i sent by special delivery . So what you think now ? I have done the right things ? I got ilr in feb 12 and got married after 2 months.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Looking at trends of BC approvals, its likely you will get your approval in a week or two. :)

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Looking at trends of BC approvals, its likely you will get your approval in a week or two. :)
Thanks but what you think about mentioned story as they didnt ask me to forwards wife documents or our marriage certificate but as on acknowleedgement letter they have mentioned annex 6(2) and I thought they would consider the application under annex 6.1 and as i steped forward and sent them cover letter and wifes passport and our marriage cert so whats yours or anyones opinions on it. I have done the correct things from my end ?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:48 pm

If you fit into both 61 and 62, then there is nothing to worry about. Let the case worker chose whether he want to go through M61 or M62. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm

teawithlemon wrote:There is only 1 application isnt it :-)
Yes, it is the same form but the qualifying requirements are different and the documents you need to submit are different.

Hope that you hear soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)