ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MWill

Referee question

Post by MWill » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi, my wife is doing her naturalisation application soon, and one of her referees qualifies by being British and over 25 (we have someone else as the "professional" referee). The form asked for her to put her "age and profession", so she put her profession as "homemaker" as she's a stay-at-home mother. I guess this is OK, as we're not relying on her as a "professional"?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Referee question

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 pm

MWill wrote:Hi, my wife is doing her naturalisation application soon, and one of her referees qualifies by being British and over 25 (we have someone else as the "professional" referee). The form asked for her to put her "age and profession", so she put her profession as "homemaker" as she's a stay-at-home mother. I guess this is OK, as we're not relying on her as a "professional"?
That's fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:16 pm

My neighbour next doors volunteers as a referee for kids football.

Can he act as a referee?

(I think he can because he is actually a real "referee")

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:My neighbour next doors volunteers as a referee for kids football.

Can he act as a referee?

(I think he can because he is actually a real "referee")
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MWill

Post by MWill » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks!

Also, one of the referees may be moving house soon - if it happens while the application is being processed, does my wife just write to the HO to tell them?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:48 pm

No, there is no need to inform home office.

In majority of cases, when there is nothing to cast doubt on applicants character, home office does not check with referees.

If they want to check, they have referee's phone number.

So, do not worry about referee's. :)