ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zoga
Newly Registered

refused citizenship

Post by zoga » Fri May 31, 2013 7:45 pm

I have been refused the citizenship because I didn't provide the additional document requested by HO. They wrote to me that they sent the letter on 30 April 2013 but I haven't received any letter. Additionally I got document which they are requesting. I have found this very unfair as if I won to appeal i have to send another application plus £80 fee when is not my fault. I don't understand why they didn't contact me again plus they got all my details not only home address by tel. number and e-mail address. I would not risk £890 especially when i got requested documents. Please help, Who to contact :evil:

psb

Post by psb » Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 pm

They should have sent you a reminder for the additional documents they requested. That is quite nasty.

What other documents were you requested to provide if it is not personal?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:08 pm

You could request a reconsideration of the decision :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ip/form-nr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 am

psb wrote:They should have sent you a reminder for the additional documents they requested. That is quite nasty.

They requested the certificate that I was register on Worker Registration Scheme before 2007.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 am

CR001 wrote:You could request a reconsideration of the decision :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ip/form-nr
I know i can do that but i want to avoid paying another £80 which is the fee if you want to appeal against their decision. This is just so unfair they send always all correspondence standard royal mail without prove that they actually sent anything. Do they understand that sometimes royal mail is losing the post.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:14 am

psb wrote:They should have sent you a reminder for the additional documents they requested. That is quite nasty.

Is there anywhere written that they actually need to sendthe remainder?

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:28 am

They can just fool anyone and said that they sent the letter but where is the proof of delivery then. Additionally, when i sent my application form i also attached the pre paid special delivery envelop so they can sent back my IDs as the delivery which required my signature and today I have received the passport and driving license as the normal royal mail!!!!! I'm so upset with everything.
I had the feeling that something can be wrong but they always say that you have to wait up to 6 months so I was waiting. Anyway if you want to contact them there is only one general e-mail address (I sent the e-mail and I received standard replay with Spammy Spammer IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE) no telephone number.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: refused citizenship

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:45 am

zoga wrote:I have been refused the citizenship because I didn't provide the additional document requested by HO. They wrote to me that they sent the letter on 30 April 2013 but I haven't received any letter. Additionally I got document which they are requesting. I have found this very unfair as if I won to appeal i have to send another application plus £80 fee when is not my fault. I don't understand why they didn't contact me again plus they got all my details not only home address by tel. number and e-mail address. I would not risk £890 especially when i got requested documents. Please help, Who to contact :evil:
pay the £80 fee for reconsideration with the additional document needed and explain what happened,this is the only way,u already lost the £890..so,do that and u may have a chance to get the decision overturned.
UK------++++-------****

Amber
Mood:

Re: refused citizenship

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:21 am

zoga wrote:I have been refused the citizenship because I didn't provide the additional document requested by HO. They wrote to me that they sent the letter on 30 April 2013 but I haven't received any letter. Additionally I got document which they are requesting. I have found this very unfair as if I won to appeal i have to send another application plus £80 fee when is not my fault. I don't understand why they didn't contact me again plus they got all my details not only home address by tel. number and e-mail address. I would not risk £890 especially when i got requested documents. Please help, Who to contact :evil:
I'm sorry to hear that. Although you've got no right to appeal you can ask for a reconsideration. This is perhaps why the NCS service is valuable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:01 am

Patience, planning and cool head helps.

Eu Citizens and their family members should apply for ee3/eea4. I know its not required, but its free and gives your peace of mind. And most importantly, its FREE.

Once you have EEA3/EEA4, then basically you just have to clock one more year.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Patience, planning and cool head helps.

Eu Citizens and their family members should apply for ee3/eea4. I know its not required, but its free and gives your peace of mind. And most importantly, its FREE.

what does it have to do with what we are discussing..?? the OP has been refused citizenship,for not providing extra document requested by the ukba because he did not get the letter,so why are you talking about EEA3/EEA4 ??
UK------++++-------****

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:34 pm

ukforever wrote:

what does it have to do with what we are discussing..?? the OP has been refused citizenship,for not providing extra document requested by the ukba because he did not get the letter,so why are you talking about EEA3/EEA4 ??
Ayyubi is implying that the OP should have applied for a permanent residence card as his/her application related to settlement from exercising treaty rights. Hence with a PR card the HO would not have asked for WRS documentation. But, there is no need to have a PR card as the OP appears to have the necessary documentation just did not receive the HO request. I suggest that people use the NCS, makes things a lot easier.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Now now :evil:

There are many many people who browse these forums, without asking the queries. Everyone who browses the forum gains knowledge from other people's experiences.

An EU citizen and specially A8 citizens, in my opinion, will for sure have something to gain from the comments I made.

I wonder why it has enraged your,

:twisted:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:45 pm

I meant, that a PR application can act as a free documents check, without any risk of loosing application fees.

I know PR card is not needed for naturalisation.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I got PR card as well. But this is not nothing to do with the HO refusing my application. Sorry i'm confused.

Anyway how come the HO requesting document which was issued my them.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:02 pm

zoga wrote:I got PR card as well. But this is not nothing to do with the HO refusing my application. Sorry i'm confused.

Anyway how come the HO requesting document which was issued my them.
Did you send the PR card with the application?

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:12 pm

D4109125 wrote:
ukforever wrote:

Ayyubi is implying that the OP should have applied for a permanent residence card as his/her application related to settlement from exercising treaty rights. Hence with a PR card the HO would not have asked for WRS documentation. But, there is no need to have a PR card as the OP appears to have the necessary documentation just did not receive the HO request. I suggest that people use the NCS, makes things a lot easier.
i know D,i was just confused, the OP was saying that he was refused and explained what happened with the home office,unless he had another thread that you know about and his circumstances and why he did not apply for PR and even so,i had the right to ask a simple question about why he suggested what he did in his reply,knowing that it was irrelevant to the op's thread,what is relevant now is to advise the op to send an application of reconsideration and pay the £80 fee so he can get on with his thing...there is no turning back now,and they are likely to ignore him if he tries to contact them about it.
anyway,i did not think that it would upset him/her for my comment.i don't know if there is another thread from the op that explains his circumstances and why he did not apply for PR...the point is not there !! those kind of comments tend to confuse members of the forum,if all the information are not there in the OP and then u have to guess why some members suggest/advise something else.i hope mr ayuubi is getting the point,its not criticizing his comment but it was more of why he suggested what he did,we are not discussing that,we are here to help/advise the OP to solve his issue.
no hard feeling i hope :wink:
UK------++++-------****

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:11 am

I haven't sent the PR because the HO don't ask for it. So the only option for me is to pay £80 and apply for reconsideration. I will do that then. Hope the outcome will be positive.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:38 am

Do you know how long the reconsideration takes?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:16 am

zoga wrote:I haven't sent the PR because the HO don't ask for it. So the only option for me is to pay £80 and apply for reconsideration. I will do that then. Hope the outcome will be positive.
When is your pr card valid from?

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 am

I really don't understand why you are all asking for PR card?
Will sending the PR card and working registration scheme help will help more with reconsideration?
The HO in the letter which I never received ask only for working registration scheme certificate. I'm very surprise that they asking for that as this is not document require when you are sending docs for neutralisation.
My friends were never asked for that before ( our cases are exactly the same 10 yrs in UK, legal, EU citizen itp). They all were accepted within a months from applying.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 am

D4109125 wrote:
zoga wrote:I haven't sent the PR because the HO don't ask for it. So the only option for me is to pay £80 and apply for reconsideration. I will do that then. Hope the outcome will be positive.
I got it the PR card in 2006 or 2007 don't remember. I applied for WRS in 2006.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 am

zoga wrote:I really don't understand why you are all asking for PR card?
Will sending the PR card and working registration scheme help will help more with reconsideration?
The HO in the letter which I never received ask only for working registration scheme certificate. I'm very surprise that they asking for that as this is not document require when you are sending docs for neutralisation.
My friends were never asked for that before ( our cases are exactly the same 10 yrs in UK, legal, EU citizen itp). They all were accepted within a months from applying.
The reason is that they are asking for the WRS certificate is to prove that you are a permanent resident - settled and have been for 12 months if not the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen. If the PR card reflects that you have been settled for at least 12 months (assuming you are not the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen) then no further information i.e. WRS will be required. You failed to provide the information to prove that you were settled - exercising treaty rights for 5 years. However, if you were an A8 legal worker before the WRS was introduced you shouldn't have needed to register anyway. Nonetheless, you need to ask for a reconsideration. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ip/form-nr

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 am

zoga wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
I got it the PR card in 2006 or 2007 don't remember. I applied for WRS in 2006.
I assume you did not leave the UK for 2 or more years since you were given the PR card?

If you were a permanent residence you didn't need to apply for WRS! You need to just send the HO your PR card and the reconsideration form along with £80. Explaining clearly that you were settled from 2006/7 with the PR card as proof.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:43 am

Sorry I don't understand I came to UK in 2003 on student visa ( all legal) then in 2004 Latvia joined EU. Since 2003 I have been working paying tax itp. In 2005 first time applied for WRS ( I lost the WRS from 2005) then in in 2006 and 2007 ( the one which I will sent to HO). Will this be enough to prove this 12 months settlement.