ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my current leave superseded by biometric residence permit?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mobarak
Newly Registered

my current leave superseded by biometric residence permit?

Post by mobarak » Fri May 31, 2013 7:13 am

hi all recently i got my ILR approved and they will post me my BRP card in couple of days,my question is my current leave will expire on next september and i want to travel before my BRP arrived but i find that when i been to the PEO they stamp my surrent visa with stamp saying(leave superseded by biometric residence permit) so am i still able to travel for a week and use my current leave with that stamp and ILR approved letter or they will not let me in on the way back?any advise will be appreciated

thanks

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Re: my current leave superseded by biometric residence permi

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 pm

mobarak wrote:hi all recently i got my ILR approved and they will post me my BRP card in couple of days,my question is my current leave will expire on next september and i want to travel before my BRP arrived but i find that when i been to the PEO they stamp my surrent visa with stamp saying(leave superseded by biometric residence permit) so am i still able to travel for a week and use my current leave with that stamp and ILR approved letter or they will not let me in on the way back?any advise will be appreciated

thanks
Call UKBA, hopefully they will guide you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 am

It is advisable to wait for your BRP, it only takes a few days. You might have difficulty re-entering if your previous visa has been stamped 'superceded' and you cannot produce the new new ILR BRP. Also, if you read the letter you got at PEO, I am pretty sure it does NOT say 'Your application for ILR has been approved'......mine certainly did not say it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: my current leave superseded by biometric residence permi

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:12 pm

mobarak wrote:hi all recently i got my ILR approved and they will post me my BRP card in couple of days,my question is my current leave will expire on next september and i want to travel before my BRP arrived but i find that when i been to the PEO they stamp my surrent visa with stamp saying(leave superseded by biometric residence permit) so am i still able to travel for a week and use my current leave with that stamp and ILR approved letter or they will not let me in on the way back?any advise will be appreciated

thanks
New BRP card should be delivered to you very soon.Then you could leave UK. Take relevant documents you took to your PEO appointment. One of MY friend was stopped by Immigration at Heathrow when he returned, and has to explain as to how he got his ILR.Because he left UK as soon as he got his ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .