ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 am

D4109125 wrote:
zoga wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
zoga wrote:I haven't sent the PR because the HO don't ask for it. So the only option for me is to pay £80 and apply for reconsideration. I will do that then. Hope the outcome will be positive.
When is your pr card valid from?
I got it the PR card in 2006 or 2007 don't remember. I applied for WRS in 2006.
I assume you did not leave the UK for 2 or more years since you were given the PR card?

If you were a permanent residence you didn't need to apply for WRS! You need to just send the HO your PR card and the reconsideration form along with £80. Explaining clearly that you were settled from 2006/7 with the PR card as proof.
No I haven't for the last 5 yrs only 90 days I was away

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:48 am

zoga wrote:Sorry I don't understand I came to UK in 2003 on student visa ( all legal) then in 2004 Latvia joined EU. Since 2003 I have been working paying tax itp. In 2005 first time applied for WRS ( I lost the WRS from 2005) then in in 2006 and 2007 ( the one which I will sent to HO). Will this be enough to prove this 12 months settlement.
So..... you were not granted a permanent residence card then. What you are saying is that you can prove that you were exercising treaty rights legally since 2006 and thus you become a permanent residence in 2011 and have been eligible for naturalisation since 2012 assuming you met the other requirements. What other documents did you send the HO, P60s? Assuming this is the case then the WRS certificate should be enough to satisfy the caseworker.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 am

No, I got PR card I applied for it in 2007.
I haven't sent P60 only the employer's letter confirming employment and payslips from the last 5 years as per HO website
Last edited by zoga on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 am

zoga wrote:I haven't sent the PR because the HO don't ask for it. So the only option for me is to pay £80 and apply for reconsideration. I will do that then. Hope the outcome will be positive.
Now this is interesting :?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 am

zoga wrote:No, I got PR card I applied for it in 2007.
I haven't sent P60 only the employer's letter confirming employment and payslips from the last 5 years as per HO website
Then if you have a permanent residence card, send it to them to prove you're settled and have been for 12 months.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am

It could not have been a PR card. If OP applied for WRS in 2006, there is no way he would get PR in 2007.

Not a personal dig on anyone, but I wonder why people do not write their full circumstances and immigration history with the query.

Why only after extreme "interrogation" by other members, people reveal things like layers of onion one by one. Even then just type anything without giving any attention to make sure what they are typing is accurate or not. OP is saying he got PR card without even looking at the card to check what is actually says on the card.

:shock: :evil:
Last edited by Ayyubi72 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 am

Thank you, I will send the PR (dated 2007) and WRS (dated 2006 and 2007).

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 am

zoga wrote:Thank you, I will send the PR (dated 2007) and WRS (dated 2006 and 2007).
Yea, go for it. Send it with reconsideration fee and form. :idea:

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:It could not have been a PR card. If OP applied for WRS in 2006, there is no way he would get PR in 2007.

Not a personal dig on anyone, but I wonder why people do not write their full circumstances and immigration history with the query.

Why only after extreme "interrogation" by other members, people reveal things like layers of onion one by one. Even then just type anything without giving any attention to make sure what they are typing is accurate or not. OP is saying he got PR card without even looking at the card to check what is actually says on the card.

I don't even think he needed wrs since he was already legally working prior to the introduction of the wrs.

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:It could not have been a PR card. If OP applied for WRS in 2006, there is no way he would get PR in 2007.

I' sorry I'm totally honest and I don't' give any incorrect information!!!!!!! Why should I do that if I want your help.
It is PR card the doc was issued pursuant to directive 2004/38/EC

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am

D4109125 wrote:

I don't even think he needed wrs since he was already legally working prior to the introduction of the wrs.
You don't even think? How do you know he was already legally working prior to introduction of WRS? There is still more layers in this onion. The world can debate, but it would have helped OP if he put down his full immigration history, in order, line by line.

Date arrived in UK?
Date started working?
Date of wrs registration? (relating to all the jobs)
Date residence documentation issued if any (eea1 application)
Date PR issued (eea3 application, and if he has that then above questions will be irrelevant)

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

You don't even think? How do you know he was already legally working prior to introduction of WRS? There is still more layers in this onion. The world can debate, but it would have helped OP if he put down his full immigration history, in order, line by line.

Date arrived in UK?
Date started working?
Date of wrs registration? (relating to all the jobs)
Date residence documentation issued if any (eea1 application)
Date PR issued (eea3 application, and if he has that then above questions will be irrelevant)
There is no more layers in this onion:

Date arrived in UK:2003
Date started working:2003
Date of wrs registration? (relating to all the jobs): 2005,2006,2007
Date residence documentation issued if any (eea1 application):n/a
Date PR issued (eea3 application, and if he has that then above questions will be irrelevant): 2007

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:06 pm

zoga wrote:There is no more layers in this onion:

Date PR issued (eea3 application, and if he has that then above questions will be irrelevant): 2007
Are you sure you had received PR Confirmation in 2007? PR is only obtained after 5 years of residence. What exactly is the wording in the vignette you have?

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 pm

I don't enough know why they asking me for that. I have been in UK since 2003 all legal. (whatever Ayyubi72 thinks).
I have sent to them with my application an employer's letters confirming employment and payslip back to 2007. Other people which I know did the same and they didn't ask them for WRS.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:01 am

zoga wrote:I don't enough know why they asking me for that. I have been in UK since 2003 all legal. (whatever Ayyubi72 thinks).
I have sent to them with my application an employer's letters confirming employment and payslip back to 2007. Other people which I know did the same and they didn't ask them for WRS.
zoga,just send the application for reconsideration,along with the fee,fill up the form,and remember,its very important that u explain what happened and that its no fault from your part,explain that u did not receive the letter asking you about the WRS,and if needed contact royal mail and ask them if they can give u a proof that u did not receive any letter from the home office,they must have a log of some sort i guess and it would be best if u can convince them to confirm that u did not receive any letter from the ukba,plus enclose the WRS letter with the application and any other supporting document that would help your case,maybe add the PR card along too,and i think and i'm confident that the decision would be overturned...just do it as soon as u can.
UK------++++-------****

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:17 am

Royal mail does not keep log of mail delivered (or not delivered) to individual addresses. There can be no documentary evidence of proving mail that was not delivered or delivered.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:04 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:Royal mail does not keep log of mail delivered (or not delivered) to individual addresses. There can be no documentary evidence of proving mail that was not delivered or delivered.
good to know,thanks for the info.
UK------++++-------****

teawithlemon

Re: refused citizenship

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 pm

zoga wrote:I have been refused the citizenship because I didn't provide the additional document requested by HO. They wrote to me that they sent the letter on 30 April 2013 but I haven't received any letter. Additionally I got document which they are requesting. I have found this very unfair as if I won to appeal i have to send another application plus £80 fee when is not my fault. I don't understand why they didn't contact me again plus they got all my details not only home address by tel. number and e-mail address. I would not risk £890 especially when i got requested documents. Please help, Who to contact :evil:
Apply for reconsideration and explain in details to ukba please

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: refused citizenship

Post by ukforever » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 pm

teawithlemon wrote:
zoga wrote:I have been refused the citizenship because I didn't provide the additional document requested by HO. They wrote to me that they sent the letter on 30 April 2013 but I haven't received any letter. Additionally I got document which they are requesting. I have found this very unfair as if I won to appeal i have to send another application plus £80 fee when is not my fault. I don't understand why they didn't contact me again plus they got all my details not only home address by tel. number and e-mail address. I would not risk £890 especially when i got requested documents. Please help, Who to contact :evil:
Apply for reconsideration and explain in details to ukba please
take the advice,don't waste time,the sooner u send the necessary paperwork the sooner your application would be reconsidered and hopefully u will get a positive answer.
UK------++++-------****

zoga
Newly Registered

Post by zoga » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:24 pm

I sent the reconsideration application on 5 June. Still waiting for the answer from HO

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:21 pm

zoga wrote:I sent the reconsideration application on 5 June. Still waiting for the answer from HO
good,lets hope u get an answer soon,good luck.
UK------++++-------****

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 am

Jambo wrote:
zoga wrote:There is no more layers in this onion:

Are you sure you had received PR Confirmation in 2007? PR is only obtained after 5 years of residence. What exactly is the wording in the vignette you have?

I,m also thinking, How's possible PR in 2007 ?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Maybe because OP belongs to some kind of royal family and UKBA put all the regulations in the drawer and granted a PR in 4 years, or maybe there was an amateur caseworker, or maybe the caseworker was under influence of alcohol. :wink:

Most likely, and it is evident from the posts that OP has clue what he is talking about. :wink:

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:42 pm

if the person has been here for 5 years before2007.

and the rule to have wrs came around 2005.. then that person will still qualify for PR regardless when he/she registered with WRS.

Also I can see that the applicant was a student so there was no need to register with wrs until the persons starts to work.. so he may have got his pr based on being student (self sufficient).

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Azhaar wrote:if the person has been here for 5 years before2007.

and the rule to have wrs came around 2005.. then that person will still qualify for PR regardless when he/she registered with WRS.

Also I can see that the applicant was a student so there was no need to register with wrs until the persons starts to work.. so he may have got his pr based on being student (self sufficient).
You didnt get it. OP arrived in 2003 and got PR in 2007. PR in 4 years? Under what rules/regs was it possible? I think people just like to make expert comments when the person asking the query himself is unable to understand what they are trying to ask. People just keep asking and modifying queries just in the hope that they will get a reply that they want to hear.