ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa to PR

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bobs
Newly Registered

Student Visa to PR

Post by Bobs » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:12 pm

Hi,

I came here on student VISA last year. After Six month I have changed university. I have got certificate of passing for my six month studies. Now my Master in Information system will finish next semester. I have been told that as I have changed university I am not elligible for residency. I have to study 2 years in a single university or if I can leave after 1 years of study only. I am confused is it right information or not.

I can study PHD (3 years) after my Master but will it be possible after 6 month of my study of PHD to apply for residency? I am afraid because I wont be having any certificate to show DIMIA that I am studying in same university or 6 more months are now added to my 1.5 years of master.

Please help as I am very much confused and tensed.

Regards

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:47 am

hi,
ask for written proof. don't listen to rumours. I recently went though all the immigration rules but did not come across any such rule. If you still have doubts, mail the australian computer society.