ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 permenant residence... and immigration officer

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marco25
Newly Registered

Pr holder and rude immigration officer at heathraw

Post by Marco25 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi
I like to share recent incident with you guys and ask for your opinion,
Few days ago flying back home(london) after short holiday and encounter very rude and arrogant immigration officer , I was asked how did I get my permanent resident card which I answered then i was asked loads of silly question about my private life in very inappropriate manner, funny enough the guy could not even talk clear english, I told the guy that his questions are rude and I am permanent resident of Uk and tax payer and not subject to immigration according to law reacted to my condition. in my opinion he's intention was clearly bulling and he was abusing his power, I have been flying frequently for last 7 years and never ad such experience, I like to know if you hold pr throw the sucseesfull eea4 application and working and living in uk are still subject to immigration control?
Thank you for your advice

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Always ask them to bring their supervisor to the counter if you have any problem. And write down names. Feel very free to complain!

mcclane

Post by mcclane » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi any march applicant here? I have applied in march for eea4 and not even received certificate of approval! Any idea what should I do? Thanks

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:14 pm

mcclane wrote:Hi any march applicant here? I have applied in march for eea4 and not even received certificate of approval! Any idea what should I do? Thanks
You can call and request that the COA be sent to you. I applied in September and didn't receive the COA until the beginning of January.