ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rules on 3 months/6 Months Bank Statements/Pay Slips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

synapse321
Newly Registered

Rules on 3 months/6 Months Bank Statements/Pay Slips

Post by synapse321 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:50 am

Hi

I am new here. I have done a search on this topic in the forums but not come up with anything recent on this.

I am a British Citizen about to apply for a spouse visa for my wife in India whom I married in March 07.

My question relates to
a) Is there any recent hard and fast rule on whether you have to submit 3 or 6 months of statements. The reason I ask is that a lawyer initially stated 6 months but after I came back from India on 5 April she changed the goal posts and said at least 3 months worth of bank statements. Have any rules changed this year?

B) I am disabled and work 15 hours a week part time - the lawyer said that it is none of the business of the ECO to know that I am disabled but I was thinking: would a supporting letter from a doctor be useful as to why I can only work 15 hrs a week?

c) Someone was telling me about the news on the radio that they are about to change the laws so that spouses must have a trade before entering the country. Is this true?

D) If I was to change jobs between now and applying can I submit wage slips of my former job. IE would it count against me finding new work so soon as it asks on the form how long you have been in your current job? (it must ask this question for a reason).

Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Rules on 3 months/6 Months Bank Statements/Pay Slips

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:15 pm

synapse321 wrote:Hi

I am new here. I have done a search on this topic in the forums but not come up with anything recent on this.

I am a British Citizen about to apply for a spouse visa for my wife in India whom I married in March 07.

My question relates to
a) Is there any recent hard and fast rule on whether you have to submit 3 or 6 months of statements. The reason I ask is that a lawyer initially stated 6 months but after I came back from India on 5 April she changed the goal posts and said at least 3 months worth of bank statements. Have any rules changed this year?

B) I am disabled and work 15 hours a week part time - the lawyer said that it is none of the business of the ECO to know that I am disabled but I was thinking: would a supporting letter from a doctor be useful as to why I can only work 15 hrs a week?

c) Someone was telling me about the news on the radio that they are about to change the laws so that spouses must have a trade before entering the country. Is this true?

D) If I was to change jobs between now and applying can I submit wage slips of my former job. IE would it count against me finding new work so soon as it asks on the form how long you have been in your current job? (it must ask this question for a reason).

Thanks in advance.
a) I'd go for six months, I think that's what UKvisas suggests from memory.

b) The case worker will look at ur income and expenses and determine if you can afford to support another person. They're not interested in the whys and wherefores just the finances.

c) Never heard that one.

d) Shouldn't affect anything.

synapse321
Newly Registered

Parents

Post by synapse321 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:16 am

Hi

Does anyone know whether it makes any difference in the UK application whether your parents and the rest of the family were unable to make the marriage ceremony due to full bookings on all airlines at the time?

Thanks for any input.