ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid absences from UK and ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

developer101

Unpaid absences from UK and ILR

Post by developer101 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 am

Hello,

In 2013 I had absences which were unpaid. Those absences were less than 180 days. I took these absences from work for personal reasons, like dealing with depression etc and stayed with family. I am on Tier 1 G.

According to the new rules, when I am applying for ILR I would need to show the reason of absences. If I get a letter from my employer stating that I was on unpaid leave for personal serious reasons, will that do good? Will that be enough?

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Re: Unpaid absences from UK and ILR

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:44 am

developer101 wrote:Hello,

In 2013 I had absences which were unpaid. Those absences were less than 180 days. I took these absences from work for personal reasons, like dealing with depression etc and stayed with family. I am on Tier 1 G.

According to the new rules, when I am applying for ILR I would need to show the reason of absences. If I get a letter from my employer stating that I was on unpaid leave for personal serious reasons, will that do good? Will that be enough?
I hope so, you said depression - did you have any prove to back that up? I think you will be fine with employer letter mentioning that but wait for seniors to comment

Kind regards