ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent of domestic worker

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

londonboy14

dependent of domestic worker

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 am

hello...
i will be very greatful if someone help me with this....i am on tier 4 visa am married to girl who is on domestic worker visa.....i want to switch my visa to dependent......i am going in august to india to switch my visa....but i want to know which application form i should fill,and how much money me or my wife should have in the account coz its not mention anything on ukba website.....please
thanx
ridtz

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Re: dependent of domestic worker

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 am

londonboy14 wrote:hello...
i will be very greatful if someone help me with this....i am on tier 4 visa am married to girl who is on domestic worker visa.....i want to switch my visa to dependent......i am going in august to india to switch my visa....but i want to know which application form i should fill,and how much money me or my wife should have in the account coz its not mention anything on ukba website.....please
thanx
ridtz
I am not too sure about this but I think domestic workers are not allowed to bring their dependants as their visa is of very short duration 6 months I think, please check this (taken from UKBA website):
You cannot bring your dependants with you but they may apply to come here in their own right, for example as visitors

Also check Bringing your family

I hope this helps
Kind regards

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 am

they can bring my wife she is on old rules

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 am

londonboy14 wrote:they can bring my wife she is on old rules
Sorry and Thanks for correcting me, yes if your wife applied for entry on or before 5 April 2012. Check "Family Members" section for application forms.

Dependant should use application form FLR(O) (I am not sure this can be used outside UK - Please check)

Kind regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 am

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Dependant should use application form FLR(O) (I am not sure this can be used outside UK - Please check)
FLR(O) cannot be used outside UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:44 am

vinny wrote:
Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Dependant should use application form FLR(O) (I am not sure this can be used outside UK - Please check)
FLR(O) cannot be used outside UK.
my apologies, Thanks vinny

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 am

thanks sir vinny
so i need to fill application VAF...but kindly let me know is tthere any financial requirment for my wife i am still student
please thanx

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanx again sir vinny .....

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:06 am

sir vinny
this is the list of documents i have
a)uk marriage certificate
b)bank statement of me and my wife
c)tenancy agreement
is that enough as i am student she can sponser me and is it ok if my father sponser me as well
thanx

vinny

Re: BRP retain by BHC

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:48 am

londonboy14 wrote:dear friends need your help I applied for domestic dependent and it got refused but I had a valid tier 4 visa till 2015 when I submit the application I submit the BRP but they didnt return my BRP back now I have to travel uK as I have to report to the college please someone let me know what I can do in this situation
Thank

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:49 am

Ask them for it back?

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:21 pm

dear friends need your help I applied for domestic dependent and it got refused but I had a valid tier 4 visa till 2015 when I submit the application I submit the BRP but they didnt return my BRP back now I have to travel uK as I have to report to the college please someone let me know what I can do in this situation
Thank

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:26 pm

i ask them for back they said to be it has been retain and i have to apply in uk to obtain BRP card but how can i travel without brp i am so sad my wife she is alone there

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:27 pm

someone reply me please

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:23 pm

If your leave has not been revoked nor curtailed nor has your Tier 4 circumstances changed, then ask them under what provisions are they keeping your BRP? If they have no authority to retain it, then it may be akin to stealing. cc email/correspondence to the British Ambassador.

See also What should you do if your biometric residence permit is lost or stolen?

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 am

The email me and said "since there was a change in circumstances you applied for dependent if domestic worker visa in assessment it has been refused ,your BRP card is retain by our office and will not be returned as per the guidelines.if you wish to join yor course you are requested to obtain a CAS and lodge student application "
I don't know what to do .my wife is crying there and me I am stuck here and I have to finish my studies .
Advice please

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 am

What guidelines precisely? Did they revoke your Tier 4 leave? Did they give you a right of appeal regarding the effective cancellation of your Tier 4 leave? IMHO, being married doesn't necessarily change your Tier 4 circumstances, if you are still studying as before.

Write to the Ambassador, pointing out that what they did may be unlawful act. Ask them again under what provisions of the the Immigration (Biometric Registration) Regulations 2008 are they keeping your BRP?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:22 am

londonboy14 wrote:Dear admin I got my domestic worker visa refused on the grounds of funds .. I showed in the application I get £500from but I didn't show any evidence and the rental agreement was high and the case worker said my she can't afford that..shall I make a fresh application or Apeal?
Please thank

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 am

Dear admin how can I contact the British ambassador please let me know thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 am

What country are you in?

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 am

dear admin can you please tell me how can i contact british ambassador

londonboy14

Post by londonboy14 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:36 am

hyderabad ,INDIA

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:53 am