ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Refusal - Options for Appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alladin

Settlement Refusal - Options for Appeal

Post by alladin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi,

This is regarding my wife's visa application (entry clearance as partner of settled person) which was refused on the grounds of "failure to provide a medical report when required to do so. The application was refused under paragraph EC-P.1.1(c). of Appendix FM of the immigration Rules. (S-EC 1.6).

The application was made (online with Appendix 2 attached) on 01/03/2013 to Chennai, BHC. My wife was living in the UK from 15/Oct/2010 to 31/Oct/2012 as a Tier 1 dependent (visa expiring on 03/03/2013) and traveled to India for her delivery on 24/Jan/2013. I was granted settlement on 04/02/2013 from PEO Solihull.

According to the link here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/med/ MED2.3, returning residents who are not away from the UK for more than 2 years are exempted from needing a TB certificate. Since she was not away from the UK for more than 2 years and was residing in the UK for 2 years, I "assumed" TB certificate was not needed in her case (and she held a valid visa on the date of application). Anyways, my assumption proved to be wrong.

My question is will a new TB certificate be admissible as additional evidence or will it be a new evidence, if I am appealing the refusal decision? Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

thanks,
alladin

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Returning residents is a specific category.

New TB certificate will be new evidence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alladin

Post by alladin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:34 pm

vinny wrote:Returning residents is a specific category.

Thanks Vinny, Does that also mean there is no point in appealing the decision and I will have to make new application?

With the application I also provided the pregnancy health records from the NHS (she was in the UK till her 28th week of pregnancy - 4 months before the application was made) containing health checks done including TB, which obviously was not taken into account.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:01 pm

@vinny, Where specifically in the returning residents does it say that a TB certificate is needed. Since OP claims wife was away for less than 2 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 pm

dimension7 wrote:@vinny, Where specifically in the returning residents does it say that a TB certificate is needed. Since OP claims wife was away for less than 2 years?
It doesn't. Returning residents link Vinny provided is a category for people who already have ILR and are returning to the UK after an absence abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 am

alladin wrote:
vinny wrote:Returning residents is a specific category.

Thanks Vinny, Does that also mean there is no point in appealing the decision and I will have to make new application?

With the application I also provided the pregnancy health records from the NHS (she was in the UK till her 28th week of pregnancy - 4 months before the application was made) containing health checks done including TB, which obviously was not taken into account.
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Could you please share your opinion about the possibility of a successful appeal? (My wife was also tested for TB in the UK (Addenbrooks Hospital Cambridge) when she entered the UK as Tier 1 dependent in Oct-2010.)

Sorry for not waiting for more posts as I need to make a decision on appealing very soon.

Cheers,
alladin