ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bring my mom to uk as dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suis

bring my mom to uk as dependant

Post by suis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:55 am

Hi all.
could some one guide me on this,
i came back to UK by last week from my farther's funeral,
my mom in a too much pressure of this death and too much stress, so its too risky to leave my mom alone ,my brother works in Italy and cant afford to look after my mom, and all my relatives refusing to look after my mom cos of this death.

i have the police report or other evidence of this death , now the question is what are the possibilities that i could bring my mom over to UK as a dependent (not visitors visa).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 pm

As yet, there have been no posts on the forums of successful applications, only refusals so far. It is very difficult to obtain this visa and if refused, the likelihood of your mother being granted a visitor visa in the future is very slim.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suis

Post by suis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 pm

CR001 wrote:As yet, there have been no posts on the forums of successful applications, only refusals so far. It is very difficult to obtain this visa and if refused, the likelihood of your mother being granted a visitor visa in the future is very slim.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/
thanks for u r quick reply , in my case my mom is still age of 58 , and my father's death was not a normal death, there are many reason for my fathers death, its quite risky to leave mom in my own country. will this be a plus point on my mom's dependent visa application ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Have a read of the requirements and see if she meets them.

The 'riskiness' of the remote location is not a factor considered in the standard application.

suis

Post by suis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:19 pm

MPH80 wrote:Have a read of the requirements and see if she meets them.

The 'riskiness' of the remote location is not a factor considered in the standard application.
some of the points on that link are relevant . like sponsoring my mom for 5 yrs not a problem plus my permanent residence status .

but caring my mom back home is possible in my home country. i don't know what will happen to this application.

do u think its worth to apply this VISA through a lawyer ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Please understand that if she doesn't meet the requirements - e.g. she can be looked after abroad affordably, then this will meet a refusal ... an appeal ... and probably a judicial review to get this kind of visa.

UKBA is a checkbox organisation. Meet the requirements = visa, don't = no visa. The only way to force discretion* is, really, through the courts. But to go there - you have to have tried and failed first.

You will almost certainly require a good lawyer.

M.

*Unless it's specifically allowed in the type of application - e.g. article 8.

suis

Post by suis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:23 pm

thanks for your comments guys...

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 pm

an e petition on this subject is seeking support from people

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36798