ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Mon May 27, 2013 8:26 pm

olazh wrote:Hi

Does anobody know what is Home Office reference number? Is this the number on Sattus document or no?

Thanks
Yes ,It is.

olazh

Post by olazh » Tue May 28, 2013 6:30 am

But do I need to feel section 6 Biometric Resident Permit, or should I leave it blank?

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Tue May 28, 2013 10:16 am

olazh wrote:But do I need to feel section 6 Biometric Resident Permit, or should I leave it blank?
Yes. You need to fill it.

olazh

Post by olazh » Wed May 29, 2013 9:21 am

Hi Everyone

Any good news???

Im going to send my application by recorded del on Mon the 3d of June. God help me!!!

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:56 pm

olazh wrote:Hi Everyone

Any good news???

Im going to send my application by recorded del on Mon the 3d of June. God help me!!!
Good luck mate

Joha
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Joha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Just to inform of an update:

Timeline:

17th Jan 2013 - Applied for SET(P)
4th Mar 2013 - Biometric Letter arrived.
5th Mar 2013 - Biometric is done at Post Office.
7th Jun 2013 - Received Letter of Approval
waiting for BRP to arrive ...

I was granted ILR, my wife got DLR for 3years as we got married 2 years ago. My son received ILR.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Update

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Joha wrote:Just to inform of an update:

Timeline:

I was granted ILR, my wife got DLR for 3years as we got married 2 years ago. My son received ILR.
Congratulation. did you came with family or brought your family after you got refugee status. whats about the new rules after October 2013 for naturalisation required for refugees like life in the uk test and ESOL level B1?
best wishes
babe khyber

khus9201
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by khus9201 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:33 pm

babe_khyber wrote:

Timeline:

Congratulation. did you came with family or brought your family after you got refugee status. whats about the new rules after October 2013 for naturalisation required for refugees like life in the uk test and ESOL level B1?
best wishes
babe khyber
Hi everyone, I am one of the oldest member of this thread. Babe khyber I can recognise you were there as well when I was waiting for the ILR. I cannot find the Citizenship thread which is created by our refugee this thread member. Can you please tell me or give me a link to that thread I need to ask some information
Thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re Refugee route to citizenship

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 pm

khus9201 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:

Timeline:

best wishes
babe khyber
Hi everyone, I am one of the oldest member of this thread. Babe khyber I can recognise you were there as well when I was waiting for the ILR. I cannot find the Citizenship thread which is created by our refugee this thread member. Can you please tell me or give me a link to that thread I need to ask some information
Thanks
Hello and welcome in here but unfortunately no body can join my thread. and I am still struggle to find some helpful information for Citizenship for refugees after October 2013 and still searching. If you have any question try this one it will be helpful for us as wel I will be also touch each other through this thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
best wishes
babe khyber

alex68

Re: ILR Set (P)

Post by alex68 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am

My mother Timeline:

28th May 2013 - Applied for SET(P)
4th June 2013 - Biometric Letter arrived.
5th June 2013 - Biometric is done at Sutton Post Office.
17th June 2013 - Received BRP date of issue 14 June 2013
18th June 2013 - Received the letter of approval.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:39 pm

alex68 wrote:My mother Timeline:

18th June 2013 - Received the letter of approval.
Congratulation, its very fast less than a month ILR. Good news. but the Second step is very heard I mean Travel document taking very long for issues the document I submitted application in March and just received acknowledgement letter nothing els and still waiting. AT ILR stage I have waited for 6month and now again suffer for waiting.
best wishes
babe khyber

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:03 am

Hi everybody

Any good news?

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:04 am

[

Hi Peterpan,

Are you sure we are allowed to do that. How about the 12 months residency requirement. I know in the past that was not required or HO was not too bothered about it. I have many friends who applied after their ILR and got their application accepted during 2010 to 2012 without waiting 12 months. Bear in mind those people were from legacy cases and they were all living in the UK for more than 6 years at the time of their apllications. However, i have heard that recently HO refuses anyone applying before the 12 months residency period!! No matter how long they have lived here, they should wait and be free for at least 12 months from immigration control..

I know until July 2012 HO was not too bothered about it as one of my friend's naturalisation application got accepted straight after his ILR. But i read a post on the naturalisation thread the other day and an applicant was refused and was asked to wait for 12 months after his/her ILR.

Do you know anyone personally that have applied lately and got their application accepted. Cos i am in the same boat as you are. As a matter of fact i have already applied. I applied 10 days after i got my ILR. So far no news but i am really stressed and almost sure that they will refuse me.

Please let me know of anything you might know on this matter, I would appreciate anyone else who may have got some news for I and Peterpan..

Thanks[/quote]

You are correct, but the only exemption from that if you are married to aBC then you dont need to wait for 12 months as far as you can prove with your ILR your presence physically and lawfully in the UK for the last 3 years.... NCS went through the checklist when I applied and fullfiled their criteria.[/quote]

Hi everyone,

BE CAREFUL, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Sorry to disappoint you, but That is actually incorrect. While it is true that if you have been married to a British citizen, for at least 3 years, you can apply for citizenship straight away after being issued with ILR; however, your ILR needs to be obtained through the marriage route in which case it would be an an extention of the same citizenship route. You CANNOT apply for citizenship straight after ILR that was obtained via the Protection Route (even though you may have been married to a British Citizen for the last 3 years). You can't switch from one citizenship path to another halfway through the process without making a formal request for change. My friend applied in November 2012, but she got turned down despite being married to a British citizen for the last 3 years. She was told her ILR was a refugee one. IF she had obtained her ILR through the spouse route, then her application would have been processed as normal.. Now she is waiting until she completes her 12 month period, i.e. till November 2013 to re-submit her application.
Serina

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 am

Serina26 wrote:[

Hi Peterpan,

Are you sure we are allowed to do that. How about the 12 months residency requirement. I know in the past that was not required or HO was not too bothered about it. I have many friends who applied after their ILR and got their application accepted during 2010 to 2012 without waiting 12 months. Bear in mind those people were from legacy cases and they were all living in the UK for more than 6 years at the time of their apllications. However, i have heard that recently HO refuses anyone applying before the 12 months residency period!! No matter how long they have lived here, they should wait and be free for at least 12 months from immigration control..

I know until July 2012 HO was not too bothered about it as one of my friend's naturalisation application got accepted straight after his ILR. But i read a post on the naturalisation thread the other day and an applicant was refused and was asked to wait for 12 months after his/her ILR.

Do you know anyone personally that have applied lately and got their application accepted. Cos i am in the same boat as you are. As a matter of fact i have already applied. I applied 10 days after i got my ILR. So far no news but i am really stressed and almost sure that they will refuse me.

Please let me know of anything you might know on this matter, I would appreciate anyone else who may have got some news for I and Peterpan..

Thanks
You are correct, but the only exemption from that if you are married to aBC then you dont need to wait for 12 months as far as you can prove with your ILR your presence physically and lawfully in the UK for the last 3 years.... NCS went through the checklist when I applied and fullfiled their criteria.[/quote]

Hi everyone,

BE CAREFUL, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Sorry to disappoint you, but That is actually incorrect. While it is true that if you have been married to a British citizen, for at least 3 years, you can apply for citizenship straight away after being issued with ILR; however, your ILR needs to be obtained through the marriage route in which case it would be an an extention of the same citizenship route. You CANNOT apply for citizenship straight after ILR that was obtained via the Protection Route (even though you may have been married to a British Citizen for the last 3 years). You can't switch from one citizenship path to another halfway through the process without making a formal request for change. My friend applied in November 2012, but she got turned down despite being married to a British citizen for the last 3 years. She was told her ILR was a refugee one. IF she had obtained her ILR through the spouse route, then her application would have been processed as normal.. Now she is waiting until she completes her 12 month period, i.e. till November 2013 to re-submit her application.[/quote]

NCS have checked the docs and they have said it is fine to apply..
Will just have to wait and see
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am

NCS have checked the docs and they have said it is fine to apply..
Will just have to wait and see[/quote]

Read about Citizenship Path[/u]

SET Protection need to wait one year after ILR. If your ILR was obtained through the British spouse route then yes you can apply straight away. Not meaning to disppoint you, but my friend has had a direct experience dealing with exactly the same situation i.e. married to a British citizen for 3 years, but because her ILR was not obtained through the spouse route, her application got rejected. She lost her application fee, and is due to resubnit later this year.

Best of luck!
Last edited by Serina26 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serina

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 am

SET Protection need to wait one year after ILR. If your ILR was obtained through the British spouse route then yes you can apply straight away. Not meaning to disppoint you, but my friend has had a direct experience dealing with exactly the same situation i.e. married to British citizen for 3 years, but because her ILR was not obtained through the spouse route, her application got rejected. She lost her application fee, and is due to resubnit later this year.

See the thread below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

olazh

Post by olazh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Everyone

Any good news for anybody?
Its a bit quite here now.

sunshine0101
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine0101 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

[quote="babe_khyber"][quote="alex68"]My mother Timeline:

18th June 2013 - Received the letter of approval.[/quote]
Congratulation, its very fast less than a month ILR. Good news. but the Second step is very heard I mean Travel document taking very long for issues the document I submitted application in March and just received acknowledgement letter nothing els and still waiting. AT ILR stage I have waited for 6month and now again suffer for waiting.
best wishes
babe khyber[/quote]

Hi, did you receive your travel document? I have applied on 7th of May and still waiting.

anyone else having long wait for travel document?????

olazh

Post by olazh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi

Can somebody give me a link to information about waiting 12 month after ILR for naturalization.

Many thanks

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Serina26 wrote:NCS have checked the docs and they have said it is fine to apply..

SET Protection need to wait one year after ILR. If your ILR was obtained through the British spouse route then yes you can apply straight away. Not meaning to disppoint you, but my friend has had a direct experience dealing with exactly the same situation i.e. married to a British citizen for 3 years, but because her ILR was not obtained through the spouse route, her application got rejected. She lost her application fee, and is due to resubnit later this year.

Citizenship approved today :D

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:17 am

Peterpan81 wrote:
Serina26 wrote:NCS have checked the docs and they have said it is fine to apply..

Citizenship approved today :D

Congratulation (peterpan81) did you get through british spouse or through refugee route.

milleniumx99
Newly Registered

Post by milleniumx99 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:00 pm

I am rather confused here. Peterpan, did you get ILR through Set Protect and then got naturalisation without waiting 12 months? This would really help me understand what is going on.

I sent my Set Protect last Monday but I am expecting a long wait :(

Any updates from people who applied in the last few months??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 pm

milleniumx99 wrote:I am rather confused here. Peterpan, did you get ILR through Set Protect and then got naturalisation without waiting 12 months? This would really help me understand what is going on.

I sent my Set Protect last Monday but I am expecting a long wait :(

Any updates from people who applied in the last few months??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Yes...but i didnt wait for 12 months because my wife is british

milleniumx99
Newly Registered

Post by milleniumx99 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

So happy for you Peterpan. What are your naturalisation timescales as I am in the same situation as you being married to a Brit but waiting for ILR through set Prot.

Journey is over for you :)

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:54 am

milleniumx99 wrote:So happy for you Peterpan. What are your naturalisation timescales as I am in the same situation as you being married to a Brit but waiting for ILR through set Prot.

Journey is over for you :)
Thanks, you could refer to the British Naturalisation timeline thread where I posted my timeline, as this forum is only for SET Protection timelines