ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Delivery

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imranb

Passport Delivery

Post by imranb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 am

Do you receive your passports by normal post, special delivery or courier? I had applied for my children's passport 3 weeks back and have received the original documents (Indian Passports and Registration certificates) by DX courier more than a week back, but am still waiting for the British Passports. Chased them last Friday, and they asked me to call back this week. Just curious how are the passports delivered.

cricinfo

Re: Passport Delivery

Post by cricinfo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 am

imranb wrote:Do you receive your passports by normal post, special delivery or courier? I had applied for my children's passport 3 weeks back and have received the original documents (Indian Passports and Registration certificates) by DX courier more than a week back, but am still waiting for the British Passports. Chased them last Friday, and they asked me to call back this week. Just curious how are the passports delivered.
Mine was delivered by DX courier

imranb

Post by imranb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 am

cricinfo wrote:
imranb wrote:Do you receive your passports by normal post, special delivery or courier? I had applied for my children's passport 3 weeks back and have received the original documents (Indian Passports and Registration certificates) by DX courier more than a week back, but am still waiting for the British Passports. Chased them last Friday, and they asked me to call back this week. Just curious how are the passports delivered.
Thanks Cricinfo. Was is signed for or was it just left at the door?
Has anyone else received it by normal post?

Thanks

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 am

imranb wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
Thanks Cricinfo. Was is signed for or was it just left at the door?
Has anyone else received it by normal post?

Thanks
No it wasn't signed for. They just put it through letter box. I think this depends on area to area as I have heard in some areas they need signature as well

psb

Post by psb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:42 am

You have to sign for the passport, it is not posted through the door without signature. The person signing for the passport must show proof of ID. Passports are not sent by normal post, they used to long ago.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:44 pm

psb wrote:You have to sign for the passport, it is not posted through the door without signature. The person signing for the passport must show proof of ID. Passports are not sent by normal post, they used to long ago.
I personally know quite a few that received passports recently (in May) and passports were delivered by DX through the letterbox (at the door).

It depends on the nature of the property, location of the letter box and delivery person's assessment of the security of such delivery. If it's a house (not a flat) and the letterbox is at the door (delivers within the house) there is a high possibility that the passports would be delivered without signature.

ozgrant

Post by ozgrant » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:51 pm

My passport was dropped through the letterbox and waiting for me when I got home from work. It didn't have any barcode or anything that indicated it was delivered by courier so I really don't know who delivered it. I was pleased I didn't have to be home to sign for it, as like many people I'm not at home during working hours.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:51 pm

ban.s wrote:It depends on the nature of the property, location of the letter box and delivery person's assessment of the security of such delivery. If it's a house (not a flat) and the letterbox is at the door (delivers within the house) there is a high possibility that the passports would be delivered without signature.
Our mailbox is outside and out of sight, and not at all secure, but my wife's passport was delivered there without a signature.

imranb

Post by imranb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:59 pm

barnaby wrote:
ban.s wrote:It depends on the nature of the property, location of the letter box and delivery person's assessment of the security of such delivery. If it's a house (not a flat) and the letterbox is at the door (delivers within the house) there is a high possibility that the passports would be delivered without signature.
Our mailbox is outside and out of sight, and not at all secure, but my wife's passport was delivered there without a signature.
Thank you very much all for sharing your inputs. Much appreciated!