ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW applyting for TIER 4 dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ceobot

PSW applyting for TIER 4 dependent

Post by ceobot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:20 am

Me and my wife currenlty living in UK. I hold PSW study visa which expires on December 2013. She is my dependent. Unfortunately, I don't have money to apply for investor visa, and it seems that my company will not give me a job offer. So the only solution for us to stay in UK is if my wife apply for TIER 4 Visa and I will be her dependent. Is it actually possible to do this ?Can we both apply from UK ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Both of you will have to leave UK and apply for entry clearance from your home country.

ceobot

Post by ceobot » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 pm

[quote="bruteforce"]Both of you will have to leave UK and apply for entry clearance from your home country.[/quote]

This is information from UKBA website:

Can you switch into the Tier 4 (General) student category?

You can switch into Tier 4 (General) without leaving the UK if you have, or were last given, permission to stay in one of the following categories:

Tier 1 (Post-study work)

So I am still not sure about your answer.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:37 pm

ceobot wrote:
bruteforce wrote:Both of you will have to leave UK and apply for entry clearance from your home country.
This is information from UKBA website:

Can you switch into the Tier 4 (General) student category?

You can switch into Tier 4 (General) without leaving the UK if you have, or were last given, permission to stay in one of the following categories:

Tier 1 (Post-study work)

So I am still not sure about your answer.
You intend to apply as a dependant of tier 4 migrant and your wife as a tier 4 student. If you were to apply as tier 4 student (while on PSW) then it was fine but both of you are switching categories so both of you will have to appy from home country.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 am

Under your present plan you both need to apply outside the country. The only option for applying within the country is that you switch into tier 4 student on level 7 course lasting minimum 12 months at university then you as lead applicant and your wife can continue to be tier 4 dependant but both apply together.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS