ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET(O); Sections 6.3 & 7.11 Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

Anio

ILR - SET(O); Sections 6.3 & 7.11 Questions

Post by Anio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 am

Hi All,

I’m going for PEO appointment next month and have few questions.

My time lines are:

Entry Clearance stamp date (HSMP): 14/08/08
UK entry date: 01/10/08 (46 days delay)
Tier 1 Extension Visa Expiry: 14/08/13
Appointment date for ILR (using 3 months concession): 22/07/13

My questions are:
1) Section 7.11 asks how long I’ve lived in the UK.

Counting physically from 01/10/08 till date of application will make it 4yrs and 9 months.
Do I use this period or can I use the concession of Entry Clearance date and claim 4yrs 11months?

2) Section 6.3 – I arrived in the UK on 01/10/08 but as employment was to commence end November 08, I travelled home for 36 days to tidy up my personal affairs and arrange for my family to come back with me.

I can provide employer letter for all absences after November 08, but the initial absence (other than delay in initial entry into the UK) was personal and I don’t have a compelling reason per se, just relocating logistics with family. I don’t know what evidence to provide.

Please can anyone advice what should apply in the two instances above, you input is very much appreciated.

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 am

Apologies for repetition, I can now see that Section 6.3 has been discussed ad nauseum - I will make a covering letter for those days.

Please can anyone assist with my query on Section 7.11?

Many thanks.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:17 am

Mention 4 yrs 11 months and it will not create any issues

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks Pegakrishna, this application form and guidance needs a lot of careful study as things are not as they appear.

4yrs 11months makes sense. :)

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Anio!

Firstly, all the best with your application!

I agree with you regarding the evasiveness of the application form and some of the document requirements.

I am not in a position to guide you regarding the HSMP rules as I am personally applying for Settlement next month based on the WP route which has no concession allowances and strictly requires one to complete 4 years and 11 months. Please do check other posts where people have discussed about the permitted absences. You may have to apply for extension to qualify for the 5 continuous years but certainly more research is required on this and I hope someone better informed will chip in some thoughts!

In the meanwhile, as I understand you must be completing Set (O) Form Version 04/2013 for your application, would you be able to provide me your opinion on what to fill in certain sections of the form? Also, which PEO are you going for as I cannot see dates available after the 19th July?

I have posted my queries on the application form under a separate thread and would be keen to learn if others are on the same wavelength as me on a few sections.
Please have a look and respond if you get a chance:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 948#859948

Thanks!

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Anio - you might find the following useful.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary