ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by ukforever » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

ukforever wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Interested members can post their naturalisation application processing timelines here for the benefit of others.

Please include the following details when posting in this topic:

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (e.g.- 4/5yr + 1yr ILR; 3yr spouse of BC; 10yr + 1yr ILR; legacy + ILR; etc.)
Method of application: NCS (council name) or Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Other Updates: If you wish to provide interim updates (e.g. - when you called UKBA for status, and what information you were given), please edit your original post to include the following:
Interim Updates
Date: Description

Do not make more than one post in the topic. If writing initial post before the process is complete), please edit the original post to update - do not create a new post for every update. This will help members looking for approx. timeslines to figure out end-to-end processing time of a given application(s) at one place itself.
Remember the page number of this topic that you are making your post in .. or .. use the search function to find your post in this topic.

Please refrain from chattering in this topic. To keep it high-value, please just read it and only post when you have an update to provide (timelines only).
Queries, pleasantries, off-topic posts, duplicate posts, multiple posts relating to the same application, request for updates, posts enquiring about current timelines, etc. are not be posted, will be deleted without notice, and members posting irrelevant posts in this topic that require moderators to waste their time in cleaning up the topic may have their access restricted.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

please guys follow the instructions/guidelines above from the moderator when he first created this topic,as i can see people still post rubbish , regardless ..!!!PLEASE POST IN THE SECTIONS DEDICATED TO YOUR NEEDS...!! I SUGGEST PEOPLE WHO IGNORES THOSE GUIDELINES TO BE WARNED BY THE MODS ...!!!
UK------++++-------****

Christianoronaldo

Re: My timeline

Post by Christianoronaldo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 am

Kennavarro wrote:
ya75khan wrote:Eligibility Criteria spouse of BC 3 years.

Date of Application: 23rd April 2013
Mode : NCS Hertfordshire
Date of Acknowledgment letter : 27th April
Date of deduct of Fees : 29th April.
Date of Approval Waiting.

I am beginning to get worried. My case was very straight forward with no adverse issues at all. Text book. But people who applied after me started to receive approvals.

What if the letter gets lost in the post? I wont have any way of knowing the outcome, would I?
You obviously dont know there is a method to calculating when you will get your approval check my previous posts... based on that you should have got it already..... so looks like you way over the usual standard of straight forward applications. Tip even if your acknowledgement letter got lost in the post you would automatically receive another letter from your NCS to arrange ceremony or you can be smart and call them and check some folks have done so...if you dont get it by end of week then it is not a straight forward application it has some niggles!
Can you go somewhere else to discuss all this.
Only timelines here.

arifzx
Newly Registered

Post by arifzx » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 am

Dear valuable forum member,

Good news, we got our approval today.
Please see timeline, and few words for encouragement.

App submitted: 8th of April special delivery spouse of BC
Fees taken: 16th April
Approval: today 11th of June. Dated 7june

Now I understand our approval took longer than fellow applicants who applied after us. I was getting worried and stressed with the delay. Spoke to my local MP and she advised me the process UKBA follows in this category. She told me they have several teams and applications processor/handler. Her assumption was that applications lodged first week of April since fees changed were taking longer for unknown reasons. She also advised me it could be a possibility that certain application processor/ handler could be on holiday whilst dealing with certain amount of applications. Even if you look at the trend of approvals here, several members are awaiting from early April, whilst 15th April onwards got their approvals back in may. Anyways keep faith and you will get the approvals soon NOW. All the early April ones keep an eye on the post. Another predictor. Lol
Sorry for typo's, vocabulary errors as I am typing on an idiot-phone.
Hurrah

englishlife

Post by englishlife » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 am

arifzx wrote:Dear valuable forum member,

Good news, we got our approval today.
Please see timeline, and few words for encouragement.

App submitted: 8th of April special delivery spouse of BC
Fees taken: 16th April
Approval: today 11th of June. Dated 7june

Now I understand our approval took longer than fellow applicants who applied after us. I was getting worried and stressed with the delay. Spoke to my local MP and she advised me the process UKBA follows in this category. She told me they have several teams and applications processor/handler. Her assumption was that applications lodged first week of April since fees changed were taking longer for unknown reasons. She also advised me it could be a possibility that certain application processor/ handler could be on holiday whilst dealing with certain amount of applications. Even if you look at the trend of approvals here, several members are awaiting from early April, whilst 15th April onwards got their approvals back in may. Anyways keep faith and you will get the approvals soon NOW. All the early April ones keep an eye on the post. Another predictor. Lol
Sorry for typo's, vocabulary errors as I am typing on an idiot-phone.
Hurrah
Congratulations :-) I have applied 2nd May and waiting. My predictions is in this forum we are taking example of 50 applicant to justify the decisions process of almist 15-20 thousand application ■ today tomorrow answer will come ☆ ☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆ and it seems to be long residents application is taking ages where people with 3 years residency getting approval quickly .

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 am

ukforever wrote:
Kennavarro wrote:

I am beginning to get worried. My case was very straight forward with no adverse issues at all. Text book. But people who applied after me started to receive approvals.

What if the letter gets lost in the post? I wont have any way of knowing the outcome, would I?
You obviously dont know there is a method to calculating when you will get your approval check my previous posts... based on that you should have got it already..... so looks like you way over the usual standard of straight forward applications. Tip even if your acknowledgement letter got lost in the post you would automatically receive another letter from your NCS to arrange ceremony or you can be smart and call them and check some folks have done so...if you dont get it by end of week then it is not a straight forward application it has some niggles!
MAY I ASK..??DO U UNDERSTAND ENGLISH??WHY ARE U KEEPING POSTING IN HERE..??
I SUGGEST THE MODERATORS TO ISSUE THIS MEMBER A WARNING.. AS HE KEEPS IGNORING THE KIND ADVISE OF MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM,TO NOT POST HERE IRRELEVANT CONTENT,BUT HE KEEPS IGNORING THE REQUESTS AND GUIDELINES.
AND THIS GOES TO ALL THE MEMBERS,NOT JUST THIS MEMBER IN PARTICULAR,NO OFFENCE..!!IT'S NOT PERSONAL BUT U NEED TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES AND RESPECT THE PEOPLE WHO WORKS VERY HARD TO KEEP THIS FORUM WORKING AND RUNNING,IRRELEVANT COMMENTS MAKE THEIR JOB HARDER WHEN THEY NEED ONCE IN A WHILE TO CLEAN UP THE MESS U LEAVE BEHIND,SO PLEASE,TO ALL MEMBERS,DO UNDERSTAND.
you posting this does not help the time line either l have had a look back the last 5 posts you have done here are not time lines. l agree that all members not posting timeline should be warned starting with you because your last two post got nothing to do with time lines and irrelevant.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Kennavarro wrote:
ukforever wrote:
Kennavarro wrote:

MAY I ASK..??DO U UNDERSTAND ENGLISH??WHY ARE U KEEPING POSTING IN HERE..??
I SUGGEST THE MODERATORS TO ISSUE THIS MEMBER A WARNING.. AS HE KEEPS IGNORING THE KIND ADVISE OF MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM,TO NOT POST HERE IRRELEVANT CONTENT,BUT HE KEEPS IGNORING THE REQUESTS AND GUIDELINES.
AND THIS GOES TO ALL THE MEMBERS,NOT JUST THIS MEMBER IN PARTICULAR,NO OFFENCE..!!IT'S NOT PERSONAL BUT U NEED TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES AND RESPECT THE PEOPLE WHO WORKS VERY HARD TO KEEP THIS FORUM WORKING AND RUNNING,IRRELEVANT COMMENTS MAKE THEIR JOB HARDER WHEN THEY NEED ONCE IN A WHILE TO CLEAN UP THE MESS U LEAVE BEHIND,SO PLEASE,TO ALL MEMBERS,DO UNDERSTAND.
you posting this does not help the time line either l have had a look back the last 5 posts you have done here are not time lines. l agree that all members not posting timeline should be warned starting with you because your last two post got nothing to do with time lines and irrelevant.
I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO POST AGAIN AND YET AGAIN,U ARE STILL IGNORING THE GUIDELINE,BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U DON'T FOLLOW THEM THAT'S WHY I KEEP POSTING HERE TO MAKE U UNDERSTAND,BUT I CAN SEE THAT,YOU WON'T UNLESS,U GET WARNED,REMEMBER,U ARE ALREADY ON -THIN ICE-,SO PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE.
TO ALL MEMBERS,NO NEED TO BE SO STUBBORN AND NOT UNDERSTANDING /FOLLOWING THE RULES..
I KEPT REMIND PEOPLE LIKE U WHO DON'T CARE AT ALL ABOUT THE RULES AND THE GUIDELINES,SO I HOPE NOW AS ITS CLEAR ENOUGH TO THE MODERATORS TO PUNISH ANYONE ELSE WHO SHOWS THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR,STARTING BY MAKING AN EXAMPLE OF YOU.
I WISH I DON'T HAVE TO POST AGAIN HERE,BUT IF PEOPLE STILL IGNORE THE GUIDELINES, I'M AFRAID THEY WILL BE BANNED BY THE MODERATORS...U HAVE BEEN WARNED SO MANY TIMES.
DON'T WORRY I'M NOT RUINING ANYTHING,MY LAST 5 POSTS WHERE GIVING ADVICE TO PEOPLE LIKE U TO STOP POSTING RUBBISH..!!AND JUST TO LET U KNOW,THE MODERATOR WILL DELETE ALL IRRELEVANT POSTS,SO GUESS WHAT,U CONTRIBUTED TO MAKING HIS LIFE MISERABLE AND GIVING HIM HARD TIME DEALING WITH ALL THIS,AGAIN,I WAS JUST POSTING TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF THE GUIDELINES,THE ONES U IGNORED BY PURPOSE...I DID NOT POST IRRELEVANT MESSAGES,BUT MESSAGES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE THREAD,NOTHING ELSE.
UK------++++-------****

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 pm

@UKForever>>>

Gentleman are you warning people or yourself damaging timeline. You are wasting our time UKForever. Please don't keep posting warnings as it also damaged the timelines. Get something better to do please.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:40 pm

@teawithlemon

WHY THEN ARE U CONTRIBUTING IN DAMAGING THE TIMELINE..??U DID NOT HAVE TO POST,AS MY POST WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE LAST ONE DAMAGING THE THREAD...!!!,SO I DON'T SEE WHY U ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF IN POSTING YOUR LAST COMMENT AFTER THE WARNING I MADE.!!AND IN POSTING A WARNING TO MEMBERS,TO NOT POST AGAIN IRRELEVANT COMMENTS,YOURS IS ONE OF THEM,PLEASE DON'T POST HERE AGAIN.
I'M OUT OF HERE BY THE WAY,I CAN SEE THAT PEOPLE WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND,UNLESS MODERATORS WARN OR BAN THEM..I WON'T GET INVOLVED ANYMORE,I WAS TRYING TO HELP AND AT THE END OF THE DAY,U ARE SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE FOOT..GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY.
PS:U WERE RIGHT I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN WASTE MY TIME HERE.
UK------++++-------****

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:32 pm

ukforever wrote:@teawithlemon

WHY THEN ARE U CONTRIBUTING IN DAMAGING THE TIMELINE..??U DID NOT HAVE TO POST,AS MY POST WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE LAST ONE DAMAGING THE THREAD...!!!,SO I DON'T SEE WHY U ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF IN POSTING YOUR LAST COMMENT AFTER THE WARNING I MADE.!!AND IN POSTING A WARNING TO MEMBERS,TO NOT POST AGAIN IRRELEVANT COMMENTS,YOURS IS ONE OF THEM,PLEASE DON'T POST HERE AGAIN.
I'M OUT OF HERE BY THE WAY,I CAN SEE THAT PEOPLE WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND,UNLESS MODERATORS WARN OR BAN THEM..I WON'T GET INVOLVED ANYMORE,I WAS TRYING TO HELP AND AT THE END OF THE DAY,U ARE SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE FOOT..GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY.
ukforever you are doing more harm than good your last four posts are definitely not Time lines....to make matters worse your posts are just lengthy complaints not timelines try to practice what you preach and hopefully your next post should not be another complaint but a timeline. ....thanks

englishlife

Post by englishlife » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 pm

ukforever wrote:@teawithlemon

Ukforever@ you should be ban by moderator as your language and behavior is alarming. May I kindly request any moderator to stop @ukforever, his behavior to fellow member is unacceptable. You need to respect your fellow member. Why on the earth you are threatening us continuously ? May I ask all member to help us from @ ukforever, please.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:01 pm

[quote="ukforever"]

Language please. You attacked me verbally for nothing ? Try to respect people around you. You should be ban immediately. If moderator doesn't Ban you then you will able to keep your bad behavior going. I didn't say you anything bad. For you I had no other option rather than typing here. I am requesting all member to ask moderator to put ban for UK forever, please.

mastii
Newly Registered

Friend's timeline...

Post by mastii » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 am

Criteria :: 5 yrs (HSMP / WP / Tier 1 (G)) + 1.5 Yrs ILR
Type :: NCS (IPSWICH)
Date of submission :: 02/05/2013
Date application received by UKBA :: 06/05/2013
Date of debit of credit card :: 09/05/2013
Date of acknowledgement :: 09/05/2013 (Date on Letter)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 17/05/2013
Date of approval: 28/05/2013
Date of receipt of approval :: 31/05/2013
Date of ceremony :: 03/07/2013 (Public Ceremony)

Good Luck Everyone !

michelinha

Post by michelinha » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Eligibility criteria: 9 years + 2 years PR
Method of application: NCS Hendon
Date of receipt by UKBA:01/05/2013
Date of debit of fees: 03/05/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 10/05/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 12/06/2013 (dated 31/05/13)
Date of Ceremony: 14/06/2013 exactly 11 years of my arrival in UK

This was the biggest achievement in my life. So many times solicitors said I would never get to this point, I can tell all 5 of them were wrong. I feel like a winner today!
Never give up people. You can make it yourself.
I was away for 131 days for the last qualifying year and even I was very confident. Good luck and God bless us all!

glory5050

Post by glory5050 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:39 pm

michelinha wrote:Eligibility criteria: 9 years + 2 years PR

This was the biggest achievement in my life. So many times solicitors said I would never get to this point, I can tell all 5 of them were wrong. I feel like a winner today!
I was away for 131 days for the last qualifying year and even I was very confident. Good luck and God bless us all!
Am so please for you.God bless you.

michelinha

Post by michelinha » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:03 pm

glory5050 wrote:
michelinha wrote:Eligibility criteria: 9 years + 2 years PR

Am so please for you.God bless you.

Thank you Glory5050.

Well it was big achievement, after I ve being let down for 5 solicitors. So I ve decided to do it myself. Thats why I do feel like a winner.

thanks.

bansal82
Newly Registered

Application Timeline

Post by bansal82 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Eligibility criteria: (5yrs on ILR - RETIRED - 71 Years)
Method of application: NCS (West Bromwich - £75)
Date of submission to NCS: 10/06/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12/06/2013
Date of debit of fees: 14/06/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27/06/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 08/07/2013
Date of Ceremony: 11/07/2013 (Private - £75)
Last edited by bansal82 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paradis-2013
Newly Registered

Post by paradis-2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 pm

IMPORTANT NEWS Hi all,

I just attended my daughter's citizenship ceremony today - 12th June 2013 and heard from someone that her approval letter was sent to her referee and she found out from them.

Just wanted to let you know to keep in mind in future checking with your referee too.
Last edited by paradis-2013 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Peterpan81 have you got it yet....tomorrow is the last day of calculation the give 3 days...and l have seen the recent approvals fall exactly with in the calculation so am hoping if its not tomorrow then you should get it before the end of the week if there is delays in your royal mail postal service.

ikk1980

Still Waiting

Post by ikk1980 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year
Method Of Application: National Checking Service Manchester (£45.00)
Date Of Application: 13/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013 (Checked Online Royal Mail Tracking)
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 20/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 27/03/2013 (Letter Dated: 20/03/13)
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: TBC
Date Of Ceremony: TBC

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:02 am

Kennavarro wrote:Peterpan81 have you got it yet....tomorrow is the last day of calculation the give 3 days...and l have seen the recent approvals fall exactly with in the calculation so am hoping if its not tomorrow then you should get it before the end of the week if there is delays in your royal mail postal service.
Nothing yet I am afraid...
Timeline again:

Applied on basis of ILR and married to BC
Application via NCS Manchester 25/04/2013
Received by UKBA on 26/04/2013 via royal mail tracking
Debit of Fee on 07/05/2013
Received Acknow Letter 09/05/2013 dated the 7th May
Approval: Still awaiting
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

hiralisha
Newly Registered

Post by hiralisha » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 am

[quote="hiralisha"]Eligibility criteria: (4yrs) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: Special delivery post office
Date application sent: 9 April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10 April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 13 April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: dated 13 April (received 16/04/2013)
Date of receipt of approval: 13th June 2013 dated 10th june
Date of Ceremony: waiting for the invitation letter now

Finally after almost two months, the letter arrived in the post today with all the documents. It was not sent in the included special delivery envelope but was sent as second class post. No worries at last it arrive. I am over the moon . Hoping that all of the applicants get their approvals soon who are still waiting.
Thank you everyone for your support.
God bless you all.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:06 am

Criteria: 2 Year HSMP + 3 Year Tier-1 (Gen) + 1 Year ILR.

Type: Postal (Special Delivery + SDE for return of documents)
Date of Application: 16/05/2013
Date application received by UKBA: 17/05/2013
Date of debit of credit card: 20/05/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 20/05/2013 (Date on Letter)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/05/2013
Date of approval: 11/06/2013 (Date on Letter)
Date of receipt of approval: 13/06/2013 (Came in Supplied Special Delivery Enevelope)
Date of ceremony: TBC
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Ahmed008
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed008 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Peterpan81, we have similar situations as we both got our ILR from Set protection route, for some reason its taking longer than usual.

My timeline is

Application via NCS wandsworth 25/04/2013
Debit of Fee on 08/05/2013
Received Acknow Letter 12/05/2013 dated the 8th May
Approval: Still awaiting

[quote="Peterpan81"][quote="Kennavarro"]Peterpan81 have you got it yet....tomorrow is the last day of calculation the give 3 days...and l have seen the recent approvals fall exactly with in the calculation so am hoping if its not tomorrow then you should get it before the end of the week if there is delays in your royal mail postal service.[/quote]

Nothing yet I am afraid...
Timeline again:

Application via NCS Manchester 25/04/2013
Debit of Fee on 07/05/2013
Received Acknow Letter 09/05/2013 dated the 7th May
Approval: Still awaiting[/quote]

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Ahmed and Peterpan81 this is your week keep checking your post...Fridays always yield good news so am optimistic something could happen tomorrow! two days to go before we can write off this week fingers crossed! Just came back from my ceremony so you are now talking to a full fledged British citizen :)... on to the next and last hurdle passport something to show for all the struggle!

sammi
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by sammi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Kennavarro, please stop posting in this thread. I'm only here to see other peoples' timelines. Take it somewhere else.

Application timeline

Eligibility criteria: 5yr (WP + Tier 1 Dependant) + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Islington
Date of application: 7 June 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10 June 2013
Date of debit of fees: 12 June 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15 June 2013 (dated 12 June 2013)
Date of receipt of approval: 4 July 2013 (dated 27 June 2013)
Date of Ceremony: 15 July 2013 (private)
Last edited by sammi on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.