ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 form - are they making fun of all of us?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jorgegamo
Newly Registered

EU 1 form - are they making fun of all of us?

Post by jorgegamo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:07 am

Hi everyone. I've just found out about this forum and few minutes reading at the people comments posted here are depressing me more than I already was. I'm Spanish and thought that our administration was poor but nothing compared with this Irish nonsense. The phone seems to be just a way of making money since it's impossible to go through and at their office it's impossible to talk with anybody related with the EU Treaty Section... they are like God, they are there but we can't see them, we have to believe in them.
My wife is Japanese and the funny bit is that she has the Spanish residence card since she has been living in Spain with me. But they said to us this card is not valid and have to apply for another one here (anyone knows if they are right with this? because now I'm starting to doubt it)... it seems EU works for some things and for anothers not. It has been now just over six months since we applied for the card and though they gave us back her passport they haven't returned to us our civil marriage certificate and our leese agreement.
One thing I'd like to consult you all is if you know there could be any problem in entering back after having gone to our respective countries for holidays. Guess with the stamped reciept of the application form and the photocopies of the form itself should be fine but I'd like to confirm this point.
Thanks very much,
Jorge

P.S. Just to let you know that if anybody is thinking in processing a formal group complaint to the Irish Government, the EU or any other body you can count with our signatures and active involvement.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Me and my wife went on Holiday and passport control was no problem they looked at all the documents and let us back in no problem

jorgegamo
Newly Registered

Post by jorgegamo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks very much Birdy, it's good to know that before going.