ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bubu12

Post by bubu12 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Update I ring ukba today I was told a packag has been sent to my solicitor on 30/05/13 and they can't give me the tracking numb I should ring my solicitor,after speaking with my solicitor but she didn't Resiv Anything yet, so what do u guys think and what do I have to do now

tjohnson
Newly Registered

Post by tjohnson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:43 pm

firas1990 wrote:Thank you tjohnson for your recent replies . i would like to ask you one more question. my EEA Family Permit expires on 17 October 2013 so in case if i won t get an answer from HO regard my RC application and my EEA FP expires what should i do then?shall i request my passport back and to leave the uk to not be considered as over stayer and then i reapply for EEA FP again? or i am allowed to stay as my RC application and my documents are all with the HO ...?
what i know is the family member of an EEA national have the right to reside in the uk as long as his/her spouse is there so i think getting RC is just a confirmation for that right ...so maybe i no need to worry about the expiry of my EEA FP?
Yes, that is correct, the RC is only a confirmation of your existing rights, although a very useful one. When your application is received by UKBA they have to issue a "certificate of application" immediately; if you haven't received it yet you will receive in very soon. As you are married to an EEA national, the certificate of application will state that you will have the right to work. You won't have to leave the country if the UKBA breaks the law by not making a decision in the legally allowed 6 month period as, as you have correctly said, your rights are inherent to your status as a family member of an EEA national and UKBA is only confirming that.

However, to avoid unnecessary problems and complications I would try to get hold of a certified marriage certificate in the meantime to be able prove your status while you're awaiting the decision. I'd try to avoid asking for the passports back and leaving the country while awaiting the decision, especially if you're a visa national (that is, you normally need a visa to come to the UK as a tourist). According to sections 5.2 and 5.4 of 2004/38/EC they must let you back in the country if you're travelling with your spouse and you have a certificate of marriage on you, however I'm not sure if I'd want to have this argument with a UK Border Force officer at the border so the best thing would be to not leave the UK at all in the meantime.

But really if all your documents are in order than the whole thing shouldn't take longer than 8-10 weeks so I wouldn't worry about any of this.

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Any news guys??

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:03 pm

tjohnson wrote:Yes, you should be fine assuming that the tenancy agreement is signed by both of you, to rule out marriage of convenience. You can expect your residence card in about 8-10 weeks.
Hi tjohnson,

I've noticed you've quoted 8-10 weeks a couple of times for an EEA2 application...where did you get this information from?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:14 pm

flipper77 wrote:
tjohnson wrote:Yes, you should be fine assuming that the tenancy agreement is signed by both of you, to rule out marriage of convenience. You can expect your residence card in about 8-10 weeks.
Hi tjohnson,

I've noticed you've quoted 8-10 weeks a couple of times for an EEA2 application...where did you get this information from?
Well,that seems to be the standard average time for new applications now..Mine took 2 months but was refused..A friend of mine's took 2 months and was granted....There's been couple of people on this forum whose application took 2 months

Moon786
Newly Registered

Post by Moon786 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Babz wrote:
flipper77 wrote:
Hi tjohnson,

Well,that seems to be the standard average time for new applications now..Mine took 2 months but was refused..A friend of mine's took 2 months and was granted....There's been couple of people on this forum whose application took
Hi, but my application with them last 5 months and I haven't any news
For them and also I send to ukba all the paper they need to decide but
Nothing yet still waiting:(

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Moon786 wrote: Hi, but my application with them last 5 months and I haven't any news
That's exactly the reason I was asking...just because a couple of applications took 2 months to process, doesn't make it the average. The website states within 6 months, and although you may have seen a few (or more) decided within 2 months, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of applications, so a handful of cases are not a reasonable sized sample group.

Moon786
Newly Registered

Post by Moon786 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Moon786 wrote:
Babz wrote:
flipper77 wrote:
Hi tjohnson,

Well,that seems to be the standard average time for new applications now..Mine took 2 months but was refused..A friend of mine's took 2 months and was granted....There's been couple of people on this forum whose application took
I sent :
-2 photographs of mine with sing and DOB on the back
-My passport and my wife's EU ID card
-Tenancy agreement.
-work contract of my wife + a letter from her employer .
-4 months pay slip (16 weeks pay slip)
-Marriage certificate
-6 months bills (gas ,water,electricity,BT,sky,council tax )
-photo for marriage and all party photo with friend (100+)

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Moon786 wrote:
Babz wrote:
flipper77 wrote:
Hi tjohnson,

Remember I said 'standard average time'...this has been the case mostly for applications sent from February this year...

fethi
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by fethi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 pm

after 7 month and 10 days of waiting ,I got the residence card this morning
Application sent :24/10/2012
CAO:08/10/2012
RC:12/06/2013

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Re: eea2

Post by miryferny » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:40 pm

fethi wrote:after 7 month and 10 days of waiting ,I got the residence card this morning
Application sent :24/10/2012
CAO:08/10/2012
RC:12/06/2013
Congrats :))
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm

flipper77 wrote:
Moon786 wrote: Hi, but my application with them last 5 months and I haven't any news
That's exactly the reason I was asking...just because a couple of applications took 2 months to process, doesn't make it the average. The website states within 6 months, and although you may have seen a few (or more) decided within 2 months, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of applications, so a handful of cases are not a reasonable sized sample group.
You need to understand that change is the only constant. It's either something changes to the better or worse. About 9 yrs ago,average processing time for application was 2-3 wks....Just because it's been taking 6 or more months lately doesn't mean it can never improve...
New straight forward applications sent in from Feb now take about 2 months to process.Yes,some will take longer if their cases need further investigation i.e sham marriage etc....

Most of the people I have seen on this forum who sent in their applications in Feb,March and even early April, have received a decision from the UKBA...
The The Minister for Immigration,Mr Mark Harper, even confirmed this during his interview yesterday with the MP select committee on immigration. According to him while answering a question on visa processing time:

"I acknowledged openly and honestly that there had been a problem in the past financial year, and that is what the figures quoted by the hon. Gentleman reflect. However, as I said, in the past quarter the figures have improved, so when they are published in the instalment of that information that we give to the Home Affairs Committee, he will see that we are getting things back on track. There is an open session with Members of Parliament this Wednesday, and I hope he will attend to listen to the steps we are taking to improve performance."

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Most of the people I have seen on this forum who sent in their applications in Feb,March and even early April, have received a decision from the UKBA...
The The Minister for Immigration,Mr Mark Harper, even confirmed this during his interview yesterday with the MP select committee on immigration. According to him while answering a question on visa processing time:

i will support babz on this, most applications sent in march,april and may are taking less time unlike in the past few months.i am writing from my own experience, mine took 8 weeks to be approved.

riad2525
Newly Registered

Post by riad2525 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 am

yemco wrote:Most of the people I have seen on this forum who sent in their applications in Feb,March and even early April, have received a decision from the UKBA...

i will support babz on this, most applications sent in march,april and may are taking less time unlike in the past few months.i am writing from my own experience, mine took 8 weeks to be approved.
Im march applicant and im still waiting

EEA ROR App sent 15/3/13
App received 16/3/13
COA received 03/4/13 with right of work
update file application with new job contract of my wife and 3 recents payslip 02/05/2013.

Rc : waiting......................

RC received 31/5/13

jaimie26
Newly Registered

Post by jaimie26 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 am

Hi, everybody.

I have been refused the residence permit on the basis of my spouse not exercising their treaty rights. And I was informed that I do not have a leave to remain. I’m not sure how to handle best the situation. Should I leave the UK and then apply to enter back with Family Permit? Or get a general tier visa as I am a visa national and then try to apply again once we have all needed proof of treaty rights in UK?

Thank you for advise.

mian

6 months

Post by mian » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:51 am

Today 6 Months completed ,
still waiting for Decision ..... :(
v Bad

loveafrican
Newly Registered

Post by loveafrican » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:28 pm

six months now in god i trust is on his way

EEA2
Application sent 29/11/2012
Received 30/11/2012
COA recevied 24/12/2012 (with right to work
RC ??

CODEBLUE

Re: Rc recieved

Post by CODEBLUE » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:58 am

crii wrote:Applied on 12 march2013 residence card received 12 April 2013 unbelievable service thanks to home office and the case worker who indont even know lol guys do not call them up and ask over and over again the same thing if you have recieved your letter from them then they will return your docs too with a visa stamped on it,
let them do their work I'm sure they not sitting there killing flies they are obviously working on everyone's case my case is a example so good luck to you all.
Thank you
I find this quite insulting to those who are really suffering here. Dont get me wrong, am happy for all those who get their RC's fast, at least that means there is one less person waiting, and anyone of us could be next. Our lives are literally at a standstill, waiting. So be thankful you have been spared of this agony,and rather leave a word of encouragement to all of us who have run out of nails to bite and hair to pull.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:07 am

What exactly is the problem with waiting for a decision from the home office? EEA applications have already some safeguards to protect individual, I know we can handle things differently, but seriously loosing a sleep on an application which has been sent for consideration isn't gonna affect any change whatsoever is it?

I also have an application in, and I hardly even think about it, if I need to engage in any activity that would need me to prove my entitlement to reside or to any other thing like that I know I can get confirmation of that so what then is the problem.

I will encourage myself and not wait for anyone who does not even know me or my circumstance to do that.

loveafrican
Newly Registered

Post by loveafrican » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am

dalebutt wrote:What exactly is the problem with waiting for a decision from the home office? EEA applications have already some safeguards to protect individual, I know we can handle things differently, but seriously loosing a sleep on an application which has been sent for consideration isn't gonna affect any change whatsoever is it?

I also have an application in, and I hardly even think about it, if I need to engage in any activity that would need me to prove my entitlement to reside or to any other thing like that I know I can get confirmation of that so what then is the problem.

I will encourage myself and not wait for anyone who does not even know me or my circumstance to do that.

i suport ur comment but dot pray to wait behd six or seven months because some times there are things u cant do without a paspt orRc, the delay applicants of 2012 experience were so bad as for those who aply and get it in one or two months in 2013 is not that u were so lucky is because of the backlook case ukba jst finish with it and now they have to prove it they are working thats jst the truth [/b]

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:38 am

Guys do they send you an email when the decision is taken??
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 pm

dalebutt wrote:What exactly is the problem with waiting for a decision from the home office? EEA applications have already some safeguards to protect individual, I know we can handle things differently, but seriously loosing a sleep on an application which has been sent for consideration isn't gonna affect any change whatsoever is it?

The problem, dalebutt, is for people who require the decision to be made in order to be allowed to lead a normal life: e.g. work, travel etc. I applied as an unmarried partner, so I needed the RC to prove my right to work etc.

I don't think anyone choses to lose sleep over this - that's a side effect of the stress that is caused while waiting for a decision to be made. For example, in my situation, had my application not been accepted, I would have had little choice but to move back to my own country, where I am entitled to work and earn money!

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:05 pm

miryferny wrote:Guys do they send you an email when the decision is taken??
No, they do not. The only way to find out if anything is happening is to check your Royal Mail tracking, assuming you provided them with a return satchel. Even then, they may not use!

So, the first you'll know if you've been successful, is when you receive notification in the post!

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Its good that you dont worry or even think about it. I dont wish this on even my worst enemy, but after you have waited for 6,7 8 months with no word about your application, come back and tell us that you are ''encouraging'' yourself and ''hardly thinking about it'' is as easy as you say. But like i said, I dont wish this on ANYBODY.

loveafrican
Newly Registered

Post by loveafrican » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:44 pm

hello every body i think my waiting is almost end,,i sent email to home office on 20/05/13 to let them know about the delay of my application after 2days this was the reply i get,... I am sorry to hear that the consideration of your application has been subject to delay and I can only offer my apologies in that regard.now Your application has now been allocated to a caseworker. First we will have to make some checks which are made for every case we consider and I would expect you to have a decision in 2 to 4 weeks.I will monitor the progress on this to ensure it is completed as soon as it can,.....so i call home office again today to check on the progress the person ask me for my reference numb to cheak it after that i was told my application has been completed since 29/05/13 and it has be sent out with second class post, but have not reciev anything yet so what do you guys think any experience on ukba dispatching department thanks to u all

EEA2
Application sent 29/11/2012
Received 30/11/2012
COA recevied 24/12/2012 (with right to work
RC ??