ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nabeelahmad10
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa

Post by nabeelahmad10 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:15 am

Hello,

Could please someone let me know the requirements for dependent Visa. I am currently having Tier 2 General Visa and I am getting married in August y fiancee is on Student visa and is expiring on 2015. What is the procedure to make her dependent onto mine one after marriage. What are the things we need to do ?

Thanks in Advance.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi,
If she is going to change her visa from student visa to your dependant then she needs to go back to the country of origin and apply from there to obtain EC, inside UK switching/changing is not possible, read the Policy

Wait for the seniors to comment.

Kind regards

nabeelahmad10
Newly Registered

Post by nabeelahmad10 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Hi,
If she is going to change her visa from student visa to your dependant then she needs to go back to the country of origin and apply from there to obtain EC, inside UK switching/changing is not possible, read the Policy

Wait for the seniors to comment.

Kind regards
This is right. You cannot switch from any main category to dependant category. She will have to apply from her home country.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II