ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

knowledge of language and life

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sahib

knowledge of language and life

Post by Sahib » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Dear Forum Members,

I am currently on Tier 1 (G), can someone plesae guide me for the purpose of ILR application? My questions are;

1- I have done masters from UK uni and have already done Life in UK test. Do i need to do 'knowledge of language and life' ?

2- My dependant has done Bachelors degree from outside UK and have already done Life in UK test. Does she need to do 'knowledge of language and life' ?

3- Please advise where can i get the material and how can we start preparation of 'knowledge of language and life' test. I breifly looked into UKBA website, it tells the changes will come into force from 28th October 2013 but i was unable to find info regarding where i go to register for the 'knowledge of language and life' and how can sit for the exam and at which centers?

Can someone kindly guide me for the whole process as how & where to start preparation, do the exam and get the certificates etc?

Many thanks
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:24 am

Hi
Please read ILR and Citizenship Tougher language requirements

Also check English requirements after 28/10/2013 and try sample questions in the document provided.

Check pages 5-6 -->English Language Qualifications (Example) statement of intent

"The following groups are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement and will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification:
• Nationals of majority English speaking countries (Annex A).
• Those who have obtained a degree taught in English.
Both of these groups will, however, be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK."

I hope this helps.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Sep08T1Applicant, thanks for good info i have read through what you sent but still not very clear where shall i go to start preparation for KOL test. This is such a time & money consuming.

I need this for my dependant and want to start preparation, sooner the better.

1- Which level of test i will require for ILR through Tier 1 (G) route?
2- Can someone please advise which colleague / institute i shall contact or is there a book like "Life in UK" test from where i can start preparation?
3- Have someone already done this test?