ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cxxr
Newly Registered

BRP(RC) - My wife is going to kill me

Post by cxxr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 am

Had to revive this thread as reading it made me cry!

Summary:
Wife needed BRP surname changed to married name.
Sent off Application 26th Feb (2013)
Received letter dated 28th Feb.
Received Enrollment invite 14th March.
Enrolled 19th March.

We urgently need to travel 6th April.

I am sick to my stomach because the UKBA is a complete mess!
We can't even speak to anyone, we have no idea what stage of the process is, no one will speak to us! The UKBA don't want to talk about the application, my MP wants to take 6 weeks to respond to my email/fax /letters. Two letters sent to UKBA in croydon. Email sent also.
To add insult to injury bank holiday is 29th March and 1st April!
MP's number no one answers, just leave a message!

I don't know what to do?

We are at the mercy of a complete inadequate and pathetic system where you cant even track a simple application to get a name change!
They have her passport and she cannot go anywhere without it.
They dont even care if you need to travel and the hotline number is useless!! They even have the gaul to state in the guideline, if you need to travel urgently, then call the number, but no one will talk to her about it.

They pathetically say you have to wait 6 months before someone will talk to you, how can they do this?

My wife gave me the ultimatum, if she doesnt get her passport back by next week, I am in the dog house!

KJdancer
Newly Registered

Re: BRP(RC) - My wife is going to kill me

Post by KJdancer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:40 pm

cxxr wrote:Had to revive this thread as reading it made me cry!

Summary:
Enrolled 19th March.

We can't even speak to anyone, we have no idea what stage of the process is, no one will speak to us! The UKBA don't want to talk about the application, my MP wants to take 6 weeks to respond to my email/fax /letters. Two letters sent to UKBA in croydon. Email sent also.

I don't know what to do?

We are at the mercy of a complete inadequate and pathetic system where you cant even track a simple application to get a name change!
They dont even care if you need to travel and the hotline number is useless!! They even have the gaul to state in the guideline, if you need to travel urgently, then call the number, but no one will talk to her about it.

They pathetically say you have to wait 6 months before someone will talk to you, how can they do this?

My wife gave me the ultimatum, if she doesnt get her passport back by next week, I am in the dog house!
I certainly hope your wife will understand that this is not in your control. Unfortunately you probably should have waited until you returned from your holiday to submit the name change. They seem to be improving, mine was done at 2 months and some people are getting them back after about 6 weeks now (definite improvement). But no, there is zero transparency with the UKBA and you are at the mercy of the doorbell ringing and the documents being returned.

You can withdrawal the application but it may take longer than a week to receive the passport/old BRP back. They quote 20 working days as the potential wait time.

Think positive... you still have a week and there is a chance you will get everything back in time.

cxxr
Newly Registered

Re: BRP(RC) - My wife is going to kill me

Post by cxxr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks,

I got so wound up I emailed the CEO of the UKBA Rob Whiteman and 3 other directors at the UKBA, and got a response from Jonathan Sedgewick (his secretary) and she said she had made contact with the team and asked them to contact us hopefully on Tuesday, I'll give it till 12pm on Tuesday and I'll email him (his PA) back.

Fingers crossed
KJdancer wrote:
cxxr wrote:Had to revive this thread as reading it made me cry!

Summary:
Enrolled 19th March.

I don't know what to do?

I certainly hope your wife will understand that this is not in your control. Unfortunately you probably should have waited until you returned from your holiday to submit the name change. They seem to be improving, mine was done at 2 months and some people are getting them back after about 6 weeks now (definite improvement). But no, there is zero transparency with the UKBA and you are at the mercy of the doorbell ringing and the documents being returned.

You can withdrawal the application but it may take longer than a week to receive the passport/old BRP back. They quote 20 working days as the potential wait time.

Think positive... you still have a week and there is a chance you will get everything back in time.
:cry: :cry:

cxxr
Newly Registered

Update

Post by cxxr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Extremely please our MP got back to us the next day on Thursday 28th March.
He asked for a doctors note to strengthen the case with the UKBA which we managed to arrange by the weekend.
On Monday bank holiday we sent the email back to the case worker and today we got a response from the UKBA that the case had been "concluded" and the documents will be sent out today by SD - which I'm assuming is special delivery.
The cards are actually produced by the DVLA and should arrive by the end of the week, the day before we fly out. Although, we could risk going without it as we will have the approval letter etc with us.

All I can say is thanks to my MP, who without his influence the UKBA would just sit on it.

cxxr
Newly Registered

BRP arrived today!

Post by cxxr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:58 am

Today we received the BRP!

This whole ordeal has finally come to an end and we can finally travel on 6th April!

Timeline:
26th Feb - Applied
28th Feb - Received Letter
14th March - Biometric Invitation
19th March - Biometrics Enrolled
(sent letters to UKBA 25th, emailed CEO 26th, no replies except Jonathan Sedgwick on 28th)
27th March - Emailed MP
28th March - Received a reponse from caseworker/MP saying he will be happy to help
2nd April - MP wrote a letter to CEO of UKBA
2nd April - UKBA processed and returned documents by Special Delivery
3rd April - Received Documents
4th April - Received BRP (today)

KJdancer
Newly Registered

Post by KJdancer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 am

Congrats CXXR!! Persistence pays off!

cxxr
Newly Registered

Persistence pays off..

Post by cxxr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 am

Indeed, and I advise anyone in a similar situation to get their MP involved ASAP. They are the only ones with enough authority to contact the incompetent UKBA.

P.S
We are flying out tomorrow!

If they can process these things in one day, what the hell are the staff doing?
KJdancer wrote:Congrats CXXR!! Persistence pays off!

ocforever
Newly Registered

Post by ocforever » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:41 am

sss
Last edited by ocforever on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocforever
Newly Registered

Post by ocforever » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 am

saa
Last edited by ocforever on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ocforever
Newly Registered

My Timeline

Post by ocforever » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi, Guys!

I have recently applied for a name change in my BRP.

My Timeline:

03rd April: Applied
05th April: Fee taken
13th April: Acknowledgment letter dated 05/04/2013
15th April: Biometrics Invitation Letter dated 12/04/2013
16th April: Biometrics enrolled
02nd May: Received documents back from UKBA and letter dated 30/04/2013
07th May: Recieved BRP

Less than one month...That's good news.....

Regards to everyone
Last edited by ocforever on Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

adhigadu
Newly Registered

Post by adhigadu » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 am

hello friends my wife applied for new Biometric Replacement due to full name change.

She posted it on 5th April 2013. We havent received the acknowledgement yet. Can you please advise if this is common or we should contact UKBA about this.

Thanks

Dcy
Newly Registered

Replacement BRP - Our Experience

Post by Dcy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Dear all;

My wife recently lost her BRP on holiday and below are the timelines for u

Posted Application - 13 March 2013
Acknowledgement Letter Received - 20 March 2013
Biometric Enrolment Letter - 22 March 2013
Biometrics Registered - 22 March 2013
Replacement Biometric Resident Permit received in the post - 19 April 2013

It took us about 5 weeks all in all. After 3 weeks, we started to contact our local MP after reading how it takes MP 2-3 weeks to actually email the UKBA. However we received the replacement BRP before MP did anything.

My advice is;

1) Make sure your application form is properly completed, check over and over again
2) When u get the biometrics enrolment letter, do it asap ie the same day or next day. the longer u wait, the longer the delays.
3) Contact your MP soon and remember MP takes 2-3 weeks to actually contact UKBA.

Cheers

bjbatra
Newly Registered

BRP replacement

Post by bjbatra » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi All,

Our BRP was stolen - here are the dates for the replacement. Since most of the emails have horror stories, this might be reassuring to those who have applied.

Date application posted - 13 March 2013
Date biometrics taken - 23 March 2013
Date documents returned (main applicant) - 20 April 2013
Date documents returned (dependent) - 22 April 2013
Date of BRP receipt - 22 April 2013

For some reason - although both applications were sent in the same envelope - the UKBA only sent my passport and documents in the enclosed special delivery envelope while my wife's was sent by recorded delivery. This created a bit of a panic since we only found one passport in the envelope and there was no way off getting any info. Thankfully the second passport arrived a couple of days later.

HopeNew
Newly Registered

plssssssssssssss help

Post by HopeNew » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:19 am

Hi,

I got approval letter from UKBA on 15-04-2013.But no BRP.
Wrote to BRP. They responsed saying caseworker will contact me. Why would caseworker contact me? I just need my BRP.I'm 8 month pregnant, i need to make travel arrangements.

shairee_mashriq

BRP (RC)

Post by shairee_mashriq » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Dear Friends:

New to this forum................................................

Application BRP (RC).... Change of Personnel Details...
Application Made on :21st May 2013
Fee taken : 28th May 2013
Acknowledgement Letter: 29th May 2013.........
Immigration Status: Indefinite Leave to remain
Biometric Letter ...... Not Received until now................
Replacement BRP(RC) not received..............

I will be grateful if everybody can share their time line to estimate the processing time.

For some reason I don't understand why it says on the acknowledgement letter application type as CRA (Sett) whereas application type is BRP RC..... Any ideas please advise.......

tier1applicant

BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

Post by tier1applicant » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:09 pm

I submitted a request for change of surname on my biometric residence permit using the BRP(RC) application.

Date Applicaiton Posted: 22/04/2013
Date Application Received: 23/04/2013
Date on Acknowledgement Letter: 24/04/2013
Current status (06/06/2013): UKBA (on the 0870 number) unable to locate my application using the reference number on the acknowledgement letter

Has anyone else had this issue in the past?. I am quite concerned as I have sent quite a few original documents including my passport, BRP and marriage certificate. Does anyone know if there is a phone number or an email id which might be able to confirm the fact that they are atleast working on the application !

shairee_mashriq

BRP (RC)

Post by shairee_mashriq » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Dear Tier1 Applicant
tier1applicant
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:09 pm Post subject: BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

I submitted a request for change of surname on my biometric residence permit using the BRP(RC) application.

Current status (06/06/2013): UKBA (on the 0870 number) unable to locate my application using the reference number on the acknowledgement letter

Has anyone else had this issue in the past?. I am quite concerned as I have sent quite a few original documents including my passport, BRP and marriage certificate. Does anyone know if there is a phone number or an email id which might be able to confirm the fact that they are atleast working on the application !

The Only way to chase your application is to write a letter to them on the address given on the guide for the speicific form you filled or on the address given on the acknowledgment letter.
now days nothing else you can do to track your application and it takes 2 weeks before you get any response if you are lucky.... and if you are not you have to be patient.....

mmpark
Newly Registered

BRP(RC) Application

Post by mmpark » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I submitted an application for a change of surname. My timeline is as follows:

Application sent by Special Delivery post on 3rd of May
Biometrics invitation letter received on 20th of May
Biometrics given on 21st of May

Since then I have not heard anything. I asked the person who took my biometrics how long it would take for them to get my biometrics. He said the biometrics were sent immediately but that UKBA would respond within 3 weeks. Tuesday will be three weeks and something tells me I will not hear anything from them. Reading all of the information on here, I skipped trying to contact them and went directly to emailing my MP. That was yesterday morning so hopefully on Monday I will get a response from my MP.

I am at the desperate stages now as myself and my husband are due to fly out on the 26th of this month to go see my family that I haven't seen in years. This trip is the last time everyone will be together so it means a great deal to me. I can't believe these people can mess us around so much. These are our lives, they're holding our identification. We are powerless to go anywhere and do anything to make them return our things. It's so frustrating. I just want to see my family. I will post again when I receive my documents. Good luck to everyone.

shairee_mashriq

Application FOR BRP RC

Post by shairee_mashriq » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi... To everybody....................................No News on My End.........

Once again my timeline given below
Biometric Letter ...... Not Received until now................
Replacement BRP(RC) not received..............

Anybody on this forum with any news please update us

tier1applicant

Re: BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

Post by tier1applicant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm

tier1applicant wrote:BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

Further to this post I emailed the MP and received a response dated 10th June advising me that he will follow up with UKBA. On 15th I received a letter from UKBA advising me to submit biometrics - letter dated 13th June! Glad they still have my docs and the application is progressing! (I noticed that the case reference number on the biometric letter was different from the initial acknowledgement, so perhaps this is the reason they were unable to track the applicaiton on the enquiry line)

neutron
Newly Registered

Post by neutron » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi everyone.
Need some advice.

So I wanted to apply for a biometric resident replacement card due to a name change, but my passport is not changed to reflect the new name but I have a deed poll reflecting my name change. Will my application be seen as valid?. Also do i have to sent in my old passport with the application or just BRP card and deep poll to reflect the change?

I have ILR
Last edited by neutron on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shairee_mashriq

BRP RC

Post by shairee_mashriq » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Breaking News .....................News..............Breaking

Biometric Letter ...... Received on 20th June 2013
Replacement BRP(RC) Looking forward to it

shairee_mashriq

BRP RC

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:15 am

Dear friends
Please share your timeline to update this forum.
My timeline is same
Application : may2013
acknowledgment 29 may 2013
bio.etric 20 june
brp.......waiting

shairee_mashriq

BRP (RC) Applications

Post by shairee_mashriq » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Dear Friends

Share you timeline.......... As this forum is dying nobody is writing their time line...........

Any silent observers please come forward your silence is not helping anybody

npd
Newly Registered

Post by npd » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:44 am

I applied for change in personal details.
my timelines:
Application posted by special delivery:03 July 2013
Biometric enrollment letter received dated 11 July 2013:13 July 2013
Biometric done on 13 July 2013
still waiting for the documents...

any new updates from anyone?