ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Schengen after applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Can I apply for Schengen after applying for naturalisation

Post by mehulsanghvi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Hello,

I am planning to apply for naturalisation using the local Nationality Checking Service. This means that I will get our (incl family) Indian passports back on the same day.

Can I then apply for Schegen Visa and travel to Switzerland while I am waiting for the response?

Regards,
Mehul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cricinfo

Re: Can I apply for Schengen after applying for naturalisati

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm

mehulsanghvi wrote:Hello,

I am planning to apply for naturalisation using the local Nationality Checking Service. This means that I will get our (incl family) Indian passports back on the same day.

Can I then apply for Schegen Visa and travel to Switzerland while I am waiting for the response?

Regards,
Mehul
Yes you can. No problem with that. NCS would ask you to contact UKBA if you are travelling within 5 working days of appointment with NCS. After that you can travel without any issue

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:44 pm

cricinfo wrote:NCS would ask you to contact UKBA if you are travelling within 5 working days of appointment with NCS.
There is no longer a requirement to wait 5 days, the OP can travel on the same day he attends NCS if he wishes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
cricinfo wrote:NCS would ask you to contact UKBA if you are travelling within 5 working days of appointment with NCS.
There is no longer a requirement to wait 5 days, the OP can travel on the same day he attends NCS if he wishes.
Thanks for the update. It was the rule when I applied for my BC.

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Post by mehulsanghvi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Many thanks for a quick response.

Until what point would I have to mention as my nationality as Indian in any forms that I fill in (e.g. Schengen Visa form, landing cards at airport etc)?

Regards

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 pm

until you attend citizenship ceremony and become british