ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC required for Bachelor Degree ?....Imp Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mohan76

NARIC required for Bachelor Degree ?....Imp Query

Post by mohan76 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:53 pm

Hi Friends,

I did my Bachelors from Gujarat University with specialization in chemistry.

I am planning to apply for HSMP by 15th May 07, and at present preparing my documents. I have a doubt whether its compulsory to evaluate the bachelors degree too from NARIC for finding whether its equivalent to UK bachelors or not ?..

I have not done the NARIC evaluation for Bachelors and hence planning to apply as it is with my original degree certificate. I tried reading the HO Guideline atleast three times very carefully and no were it emphasizes on getting the NARIC done for bachelors degree.

Please share ur experiences, suggestions and advise. Please friends help me.....

Sonu

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:57 pm

NARIC NOT Required for you.
Hear from others too.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi,

NARIC is not necessary but I would recommend you to have it. This will save some efforts for HO and it will help to process the your application faster. If you do not provide NARIC with application, HO will anyway confirm from NARIC which will delay your result.

I applied with NARIC and my approval came in 3 weeks whereas other people applied with me still waiting for their decision.

Hear from other senior members as well.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:54 am

Hi Chetan,
Thanks for sharing the valuable information of ur personal experience . It looks I did a mistake of sending only my Professional Qualification for NARIC evaluation and not the bachelors degree. Anyway as soon as I decide to do it , i will make the online payment and fax the degree copy.

But , one thing is for sure..........its not mandatory right ? It can only delay the decision but not get rejected right ?

Sonu

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:12 am

You are right.
It is not mandatory. But HSMP Guidance state that you should provide enough evidence to show that your Degree is Equivalent to the UK degree,
under qualification section.

Although many people i know applied without it and still got approval.I do not think it is mandatory.

Good Luck.

Chetan