ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP - Need Clarifications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wp2_hsmp
Newly Registered

Applying for HSMP - Need Clarifications

Post by wp2_hsmp » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:28 pm

I am in UK through a WP which will expire by end of 2008. But I am not happy with the job, so want to apply for HSMP and change job. I have browsed through most of the posts here and found very informative.
I have the following questions.

1) I get £41K per year in UK and about £3K per year in India. So I have two payslips, one is onsite and another offshore. In my onsite payslip only netpay is mentioned. I am in UK since 8 months and my workpermit shows the gross pay of £41K.
So while providing the proof of income can I provide both payslips or onsite payslip will suffice? The problem is there is no tax component showed in the payslip and if I add last 8 months net pay it will be around £20K.
Do they consider my offshore payslip for the duration I was not in UK as well? As India is in D class in the points system, whether my India salary will be considered in Rupees or converted to Pounds and added to the total income?

2) Our company provides salary slips by email. Can I just take the print of this?

3) If my HSMP application is approved, do I need to return back to India to get the EC? Or just sending passport to HomeOffice will do? I have a family as well here in London.

This is it for now. Any help in this is greatly appreciated. It would be great to know if someone had the same situation and applied for HSMP.

Cheers,

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for HSMP - Need Clarifications

Post by pantaiema » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:38 pm

I am afraid your case is not strong enough.

If you get pay £40K/annum there should be any tax deduction declared on your pay slip. This is standard if you are working in the UK. If not then people including HSMP caseworker will ask why it is not there. Presumably your company or or even you yourself could answer it, perhaps??.

Pantaiema
wp2_hsmp wrote:I am in UK through a WP which will expire by end of 2008. But I am not happy with the job, so want to apply for HSMP and change job. I have browsed through most of the posts here and found very informative.
I have the following questions.

1) I get £41K per year in UK and about £3K per year in India. So I have two payslips, one is onsite and another offshore. In my onsite payslip only netpay is mentioned. I am in UK since 8 months and my workpermit shows the gross pay of £41K.
So while providing the proof of income can I provide both payslips or onsite payslip will suffice? The problem is there is no tax component showed in the payslip and if I add last 8 months net pay it will be around £20K.
Do they consider my offshore payslip for the duration I was not in UK as well? As India is in D class in the points system, whether my India salary will be considered in Rupees or converted to Pounds and added to the total income?

2) Our company provides salary slips by email. Can I just take the print of this?

3) If my HSMP application is approved, do I need to return back to India to get the EC? Or just sending passport to HomeOffice will do? I have a family as well here in London.

This is it for now. Any help in this is greatly appreciated. It would be great to know if someone had the same situation and applied for HSMP.

Cheers,

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:09 pm

1. Since you are in UK for 8 month i.e. major part of last 12 months,You can calculate your salary on pro-rota basis. In which you will do the following calculation:

[(Total Salary in UK)/(total month)]*12.

The above formula will give you an average salary if you would have worked in UK for last 12 month.You will consider only UK salary for the above calculation and no indian salary.

Most of the Indian companies do the same.

2. Yes you can print that salary slip and get it signed and stamped from your company.This is a valid proof of Income. I guess this net salary mentioned in the payslip would also be present in bank statement.
You can also get a letter from your company stating your gross and net salary on a month wise breakup to support your claim.

3. If you get approval you do not need to go back to India for EC. You can change the visa status here only by applying in FLR(HSMP ) form.

Hope the above info will help.

wp2_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by wp2_hsmp » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Thanks pantaiema and chetanojha.

I have the bank statement which shows the company name and the salary deposit. Thanks for the formula, I can use that formula to calculate my income. Though my salary is more than £40K per year, by this calculation it will come upto £27,500 for 8 months. But I need to show more than £40K per year to claim maximum points as I my earnings is in UK. I am solely depend on previous earnings, UK experience and qualifications to earn my eligibility. But another issue is that I don't have any P60 or any income tax proof with me. My company shows my salary in net in my salary slip. I guess my situation is similar to many others as most of the indian companies are having this policy. I will do some more research and see what I can do to support my earnings. I need to claim more than 35 points in earnings category as I am above 31 years of age. The other documents I can submit is my M.E where I don't see any issues.
If any of you had the similar situation and applied to HSMP please reply. It will really help me with arranging the documents.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi,

I think you missed the whole point here.
The pro-rota calculation goes this way for your case

(£27500/8)*12=£41250

The above is your pro-rota salary. Beside you can submit your payslips (stamped and signed) from your employers. If you do not have P60 (for year 2006-2007) you can state in your application that you have not yet receuived from your employer as the financial year is still continues.

But along with this you need to submit other alternative evidence.
With the details you have give... I think your points should go like this:

Education :35 points (ME Degree)
Earnings : 45 points (40000+)
UK Experience :5 points
Total: 85 Points.

I think this should be fine..

Good Luck

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Oops... the the calculation was replaced by star in above message

Total salary so far =27500
Total Months=8 months
Average of 8 months=27500/8 =£3437.50

Now pro-rota calculation = £3437.50 * 12 = £41250

ALternatively you can use the formula i gave you earlier.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi,

I have applied the same way as i am explaining it to you. I have got approval and also got my passport stamped.

I hope that should be enough to prove that pro-rota works.

Good Luck.