ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am

If we all work for couple of hours a day we could have easily cleared the mess at HO.....lol

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 am

:D

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am

SDP wrote:
:D
Haha damn right
Especially as it appears to me majority of guys on here are of higher IQ and better educated than those £6.50 per hour temp workers looool :P
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

verbina wrote:@majojo Btw is it a first application for you or extension?
I didnt realise you could phone HO before the 6 months mark and you are still 2 weeks under 6 months... I wonder if I should phone too?!! looool
It's fresh application my dear and yes you can call. Me after I sente application I called one time in February and they sent my bio letter to me and 3 days latter it came the following Friday I got another one so I just did one then 1 week later I got a lette me saying the one I did was not captured well so I went to do the one they gave me but they all have the same case number so even today the woman was like on you bio was done I. March I said yes until she lied saying It has been sent to a case worker and I was like in my head that these people can lie so let's try again I called and the other person said nop still in progress and. It yet with a case worker but will hear from them end of summer . I want Theresa mays, John vine or the new immigration boss Sarah address cos this is tooth even America they sort it all out within 4 months and Germany as well. This is pure rubbish and unfair God help us all chale

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:14 pm

majojo wrote:
I didnt realise you could phone HO before the 6 months mark and you are still 2 weeks under 6 months... I wonder if I should phone too?!! looool
It's fresh application my dear and yes you can call. Me after I sente application I called one time in February and they sent my bio letter to me and 3 days latter it came the following Friday I got another one so I just did one then 1 week later I got a lette me saying the one I did was not captured well so I went to do the one they gave me but they all have the same case number so even today the woman was like on you bio was done I. March I said yes until she lied saying It has been sent to a case worker and I was like in my head that these people can lie so let's try again I called and the other person said nop still in progress and. It yet with a case worker but will hear from them end of summer . I want Theresa mays, John vine or the new immigration boss Sarah address cos this is tooth even America they sort it all out within 4 months and Germany as well. This is pure rubbish and unfair God help us all chale
Oh cheers babe!!! Sorry to be a pain, but could you possibly give me a number you phoned on in feb to ask for your bios etc!
Thanks in advance hun !

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
Oh cheers babe!!! Sorry to be a pain, but could you possibly give me a number you phoned on in feb to ask for your bios etc!
Thanks in advance hun !

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:22 pm

majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
Thanks in advance hun !

Thank you so much!! You are legend!!!

maud32
Newly Registered

How long does it take for your money to come out of your acc

Post by maud32 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:14 am

verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
Thanks in advance hun !

Thank you so much!! You are legend!!!

Zainali511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zainali511 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 am

Hi i was on student visa got married and applied for a flrom in october but after 4 mnths they sent my case back as invalid as they said that i dint send my pictures.. And my student visa ended in oct 31 12 so nw i apllied agen as flro...was readin all of ur lots post somwanted to share mine

Case sent on: 22/05/13
Money deducted:24/05/13
Confirmation letter:30/05/13
Biometric letter :12/06/13 given to me by my lawyer
Biometric given:13/06/13
Waitin for decision nw

I applied for flro coz my lawyer said as my wife is havin a baby in july

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 am

Zainali511 wrote:Hi i was on student visa got married and applied for a flrom in october but after 4 mnths they sent my case back as invalid as they said that i dint send my pictures.. And my student visa ended in oct 31 12 so nw i apllied agen as flro...was readin all of ur lots post somwanted to share mine

Case sent on: 22/05/13
Money deducted:24/05/13
Confirmation letter:30/05/13
Biometric letter :12/06/13 given to me by my lawyer
Biometric given:13/06/13
Waitin for decision nw

I applied for flro coz my lawyer said as my wife is havin a baby in july

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your journey to freedom!

ywright
Newly Registered

Solicitor doing my head in!!!

Post by ywright » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:40 am

Hello all,
Pls, i will like you to give me your opinion on my situation... I am a single mum still on a post study visa. my baby father is married to another woman but he got british passport for my child. I went to see a solicitor and he said I should not do flr(o) as i will be refused because I have just done 3 years in the country. He said the Zambrano route is the best but all that I have read on the Zambrano route is not encouraging at all. It is very unfortunate that I have paid the solicitor half of his fees before i realised he will use zambrano route. Do I have a better chance as a single mum of a british child using the FLR(O)? The solicitor has confused me more and he said (authoritatively) that he is very sure the application will be refused if i do flr(o).
Pls, what do you think is my best chance before my visa runs out in mid August? Thanking you for your anticipated assistance and I wish you the best with your applications.

GLH2012

Re: Solicitor doing my head in!!!

Post by GLH2012 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 am

ywright wrote:Hello all,
Pls, i will like you to give me your opinion on my situation... I am a single mum still on a post study visa. my baby father is married to another woman but he got british passport for my child. I went to see a solicitor and he said I should not do flr(o) as i will be refused because I have just done 3 years in the country. He said the Zambrano route is the best but all that I have read on the Zambrano route is not encouraging at all. It is very unfortunate that I have paid the solicitor half of his fees before i realised he will use zambrano route. Do I have a better chance as a single mum of a british child using the FLR(O)? The solicitor has confused me more and he said (authoritatively) that he is very sure the application will be refused if i do flr(o).
Pls, what do you think is my best chance before my visa runs out in mid August? Thanking you for your anticipated assistance and I wish you the best with your applications.
Hello dear, take it from someone who has been down the Zambrano route (I just got refused on Monday and am still reeling from the devastation of having waited for 19months before the refusal and losing my mum recently), FLR(o) seems to be the best choice for now. The interesting thing about being refused the Zambrano DRC is that the Home Office advised me to consider applying for Article 8 because of my children, especially my British son which is what am about to do. Why bother applying for Zambrano with a 99.9% chance of refusal. Back in 2012 my solicitor also refused my suggestion to put in Article 8 as well when 'Parent of a child in the UK' route was introduced but now we are back at square one. Besides, Zambrano route does not lead to permanent residency (at least for now). All the best.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:32 am

GLH2012 wrote:
Hello dear, take it from someone who has been down the Zambrano route (I just got refused on Monday and am still reeling from the devastation of having waited for 19months before the refusal and losing my mum recently), FLR(o) seems to be the best choice for now. The interesting thing about being refused the Zambrano DRC is that the Home Office advised me to consider applying for Article 8 because of my children, especially my British son which is what am about to do. Why bother applying for Zambrano with a 99.9% chance of refusal. Back in 2012 my solicitor also refused my suggestion to put in Article 8 as well when 'Parent of a child in the UK' route was introduced but now we are back at square one. Besides, Zambrano route does not lead to permanent residency (at least for now). All the best.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:38 am

There is a difference between parent of British child and EX1. Though both are flro application. For the former,there are a lot of requirements to meet but the latter is outside the rules so a proper kind of discretion. You will need to look at the forms again and you will understand what I mean.
papa2

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:23 am

GLH2012 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
Homeoffice advise to put in an Article 8 application is a generic letter sent with all Zambrano refusals.The word "advise"used there means they are not bound by any cosequences when you are refused.Article 8 is not bad as said but one thng is,it is not guaranteed and you donot have a right of appeal when refused.JR is your only possible remedy and its very expensive.Dont also forget the conditions on the LTR are very restrictive.I will advise she puts in both application simultaneously as one is under Community Law and the other is under the Immigration rules.She should first put in the FLR(0)to avoid her visa running out,then put in the Zambrano after ,attaching a covering note referencing her passport is with them already.@GLH2012,you have a right of appeal right?Go for it and it will be overturned.I have my hearing at Tribunal next month on Zambrano refusal.Victory is a sure!!!All promises in Christ are yes!!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 am

Go for FLR(o)...if you can get another lawyer please do a competent one. If not use this lawyer and read more about the parent of a child route. Put as much evidence as possible, payslips, anything from school, court, family, photo's, council tax etc things to prove u support ur child 100%..where is the dad..u have to show that the dad cant take care of the child important if not they can refuse based on the father who is british and can look after ur child. .All the best Also
Godgives

Kaban
Newly Registered

Post by Kaban » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 am

Hi guys I need your advise pls.i got a letter from the home office to come for interview next month.i have a pending application since April 2012.the letter is from the enforcement unit.it said the reason for the interview is to know my current immigration status.i have received a similar one in the past,which was about the same time I was sending my zambrano application.the interview was cancelled when my solicitor fax them to say I have a pending application.I really don't know why this had come again when I haven't heard a reply yet.I haven't spoken to my solicitor in a while but will call her on Monday next week.The letter was dated on the 19th of this month.i wish to know if anyone was in a similar situation or had received a similar letter.Pls advise

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:23 am

Kaban wrote:Hi guys I need your advise pls.i got a letter from the home office to come for interview next month.i have a pending application since April 2012.the letter is from the enforcement unit.it said the reason for the interview is to know my current immigration status.i have received a similar one in the past,which was about the same time I was sending my zambrano application.the interview was cancelled when my solicitor fax them to say I have a pending application.I really don't know why this had come again when I haven't heard a reply yet.I haven't spoken to my solicitor in a while but will call her on Monday next week.The letter was dated on the 19th of this month.i wish to know if anyone was in a similar situation or had received a similar letter.Pls advise
They will detain and deport you, this happened to a friend of mine, especially given the fact that its from the enforcement team. These people don't give visas they book flights for you to go home.
In addition this happened to a guy on here he was detained then release,not everyone is lucky to get release.

Kaban
Newly Registered

Post by Kaban » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:31 am

Even when my application is still pending

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 am

Kaban wrote:Even when my application is still pending
They want to get hold of you, ask yourself why?
To hand deliver your documents? think about it properly.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:42 am

@kaban

Please can you tell us your story please about your application eg your previous and present immigration status.......if they cancelled the interview the first time due to you applying then contact the ukba and check for update for your application or ask your solicitor it might be application has been refuse and you haven't took any action to that effect..........does the interview letter state temporary admission? If so I think they will be asking you to report until your application get decided.

Reply as soon as possible

Kaban
Newly Registered

Post by Kaban » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Guys asking my situation.i have mentioned my history before but will summarise once more.I came as a visitor 9yrs ago overstayed my visiting visa.met my wife 2008 them married 2009.my son was born in July 2010.both wife and son are British.first FLRO application made 09 nov and was refused march 2010.applied for zambrano in 2011 but refused. Early 2012 ,so was advise by solicitor to put a fresh FLRO application in April 2012,biometric done may 2012 and still waiting.Contacted mp in late April and got reply thru mp that my application will be decided ASAP.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Kaban wrote:Even when my application is still pending

You should know that the H.O is not organised. The enforcement service might have had your file on their table before you made the pending application. And they are responding to it now. Don't worry, if you have a pending application, they will find out at the interview and ask you to report on a weekly/monthly basis until a decision is made on your application.
On the other hand, they could have sent the decision for the pending application to a wrong/previous address. And they need to enforce it now, but before they need to know if some has changed in your life that allow to beg for their "conditional" compassion.
Please do your homework and be morally prepared for anything.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Before attending any interview I suggest you ring ukba to confirm your application is still pending if so you have nothing to worry Chidy is right you will be asked to report or ring the enforcement team n tell them you got an outstanding application they will confirm it and ask you to ignore it that happened to my friend

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:02 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Before attending any interview I suggest you ring ukba to confirm your application is still pending if so you have nothing to worry Chidy is right you will be asked to report or ring the enforcement team n tell them you got an outstanding application they will confirm it and ask you to ignore it that happened to my friend
Yes I think it's sensible to ring the enforcement team and update them,
But then again you will only get such invitations if there is a decision pending.

Speak to your solicitor and see but an invitation from the enforcement team is generally not a good one. You have compassionate grounds why they insist on not granting you. Crazy, finger cross you win your case.