ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE... Solicitor doing my head in!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ywright
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVICE... Solicitor doing my head in!!!

Post by ywright » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 am

Hello all,
Pls, i will like you to give me your opinion on my situation... I am a single mum still on a post study visa. my baby father is married to another woman but he got british passport for my child. I went to see a solicitor and he said I should not do flr(o) as i will be refused because I have just done 3 years in the country. He said the Zambrano route is the best but all that I have read on the Zambrano route is not encouraging at all. It is very unfortunate that I have paid the solicitor half of his fees before i realised he will use zambrano route. Do I have a better chance as a single mum of a british child using the FLR(O)? The solicitor has confused me more and he said (authoritatively) that he is very sure the application will be refused if i do flr(o).
Pls, what do you think is my best chance before my visa runs out in mid August? Thanking you for your anticipated assistance and I wish you the best with your applications.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Your solicitor presumably knows your full history so may have reasons for the advice you were given based on that.

However, I would ask about applying simultaneously under the Immigration Rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... d/parents/

Zambrano residence doesn't lead to settlement and is being interpreted very narrowly at the moment.

ywright
Newly Registered

Post by ywright » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 pm

thank you. :) I'll keep you posted