ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 EXTENSION APPLICANTS PLEASE JOIN HERE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:35 pm

im a lay person when it come to defining shared capitol or director loan????

i have explained it simple words whatever u do after getting visa however at the time of extension ONE MUST PRODUCE THE EVIDENCE OF 50K/200K SPENT TO GAIN 20 POINTS.

NO IF N BUTS BECAUSE CORE AIM OF THIS CATEGORY TO MAKE BUSINESS SPEND NOT JUST SIT ON Its investment thats WHY MOST OF THE REFUSAL RELATED TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS AND HOW GENUINE IS UR BUSINESS WHICH WILL SPEND THAT END OF DAY.

AS PER 31 JANUARY 2013 RULE UKBA HAVE TO RIGHT TO CURTAIL THE VISA IF FUNDS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO SPEND, IT SHOWS HOW IMPORTANT FOR THEM TO MAKE T1E BUSINESS TO SPEND.

AT THE END OF DAY IM NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE, IF U THINK UR COURSE OF ACTION IS RIGHT AND JUSTIFIABLE TO UKBA THEN GO AHEAD.

POLICY GUIDELINES ARE JUST A HINT NOT A LAW WHICH WE CAN INTERPRET AS PER OUR OWN UNDERSTANDING AND ITS ONLY UKBA WHO WILL BE ABLE TO SAY LAST WORD ON ANY APPLICATION.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Darvesh - pls dont take offence.

la is just having a healthy debate. And its only right that we all have it , to discover the actual answer , WHICH is for all our benefit.

Nothing personal here mate.

and la has a point.

If they are issuing visas when money has already been invested in the company. And for that, they are just checking that money has been transferred to business bank account. It does not corroborate with your interpretation of the guidance.

And which is confusing for us all as well. And which is exactly why we are discussing this here. If we knew it , we wouldn't be here..

So pls reply and work in a collective spirit to debate and discover the correct interpretation. Do not take anything personally.

Cheers.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:57 pm

hi rahulsingh1,
i aint taking it as offence here neither there is an offensive remark here.

here we go again....

"If they are issuing visas when money has already been invested in the company. And for that, they are just checking that money has been transferred to business bank account"

lets discuss this scenario first...

what are requirements of joining an existing business? or
how old ur investment would be at the time of first application?
would be there any requirement of showing jobs at the time of first application, shud u have invested funds on first application?
how long the first T1E visa will be?

waiting for the answer........that answer will be the answer to investment money

QualifyingforT1E
Newly Registered

Commercial property

Post by QualifyingforT1E » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:22 pm

I have a question here relating commercial property on which business is being carried out.
1) Like many others I have been looking for a commercial property to buy/rent to carry out my existing business.
2) If I decide to buy a commercial property, I have two options
a) Either I buy the propery or
b) my company (of which I am the sole director) buys the same property.
3) My accountant is strongly suggesting me NOT to buy the property in company's name. I understand why.
4) Which leaves me with no option but to buy the property in my own name. If I buy this property in my own name and being a commercial property, can this money be included as a part of investment, even though I have physically not transferred money to my business account or
5) Is it acceptable (and treated as an investment) if my company officially pays rent for the space its using even though its directors personal property (ofcourse a contract is signed between the company and me). Does this classify an as investment? Ofcourse I would be on the other hand investing my own money into my business.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

my_friend

Re: Commercial property

Post by my_friend » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:16 pm

QualifyingforT1E wrote:I have a question here relating commercial property on which business is being carried out.
1) Like many others I have been looking for a commercial property to buy/rent to carry out my existing business.
2) If I decide to buy a commercial property, I have two options
a) Either I buy the propery or
b) my company (of which I am the sole director) buys the same property.
3) My accountant is strongly suggesting me NOT to buy the property in company's name. I understand why.
4) Which leaves me with no option but to buy the property in my own name. If I buy this property in my own name and being a commercial property, can this money be included as a part of investment, even though I have physically not transferred money to my business account or
5) Is it acceptable (and treated as an investment) if my company officially pays rent for the space its using even though its directors personal property (ofcourse a contract is signed between the company and me). Does this classify an as investment? Ofcourse I would be on the other hand investing my own money into my business.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.
Good question...As i also want to know the answer of it...anyone please...

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi

I.have a question here, if we become director of an existing company without buying any shares and invest in form of unsecured subordinated directors loan , can we work for that company ? Coz in policy guidace it does not say that we have to.be shareholder or owner of that business but it merely says director

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 pm

@QualifyingforT1E

any commercial property bought on business name as well as being used by company then yes it will be counted towards investment.

if this property comes with some sort of residential part then value of of residential part of that property will be deducted off from total value.

if u buy any property on ur name then it will not be counted towards investment however if u rent it out to your business and ur business pay off the rent then this rent money will be counted towards investment.

above mentioned is my opinion based on the understanding of policy guidelines.

abbasi
Newly Registered

absence from uk

Post by abbasi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 pm

total in one year you can be absent 180 days any .so if you are absent 179 days its ok

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Guys,

What you guys think what is the best time to register with the acocuntant...It has been about 10 months when i registeretd the company.But so far i ave not registered with any Accountant...After getting the visa i am trying hard to get contract but so far no luck...I have not invested any thing yet..money is still backhome in my account...Do i have to invest some money in first year...what will happen if i did not get any cleint....Please guys share your thoughts...how we should proceed now after getting the visa...

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 pm

im not saying if its something good...however at the time of extension application u must spend required funds and create 2jobs.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Guys a very quick question, if someone can help:

I have a Tier 1 enterpreneur visa applied through 50K PSW route. Lets say for example, I have started an IT company – XYZ Solutions Ltd

Company provides IT Support Services to small and medium sized businesses (this is NQF Level 4 and above – so no problem)

Company also provides Web Designing and Development services (this is NQF Level 4 and above – so no problem)

Company also buys and sells IT equipments (trading) – for example laptops, desktops, printers, smart phones, parts and spares, etc. Company buys it, refurbishes it and then sells it on for a very small profit (This is the problem as this is below NFQ Level 4)

Company would be investing atleast 90% of investment funds (which is 45K) in buying IT equipments and then selling it on later for some profit. And the remaning 10% would be invested on other aspects of business like renting an office, buying a company car, expenses, marketing, website, etc.

As you can all appreciate, the company cannot just provide IT support services, or just web development services. The company has a very few clients at present so the company is hunting for other aspects within the business so it can keep the employees busy all the time.

In short, XYZ Solutions Ltd provides complete IT Support services, web designing and development, buy and sell IT equipments and so on.

So my question is “will I face any problem during extension”
“Can my visa be refused stating that the business is not at level 4 or above”

Any comments would be highly appreciated.
All comments welcome
Thank you guys and God Bless You all

showrave
Newly Registered

Post by showrave » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:50 am

my t1E 50k under appeal. I have a simple question. at the time of extension do we have to prove our profession SOC code 4. or we can invest 50k in any business example NQF level 3.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Re: Extension??

Post by suvalike » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 am

sajjuz wrote:Can everyone list when they are due for extension on their visas?? My tier 1 under 200k expires in march 2015.

Mine is due for extension in March 2016

munkuet
Newly Registered

Post by munkuet » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:26 pm

hi
I got tier 1 doing my business where my activity above level 4 soc but now I want to start another business which is different sector than my current business but my role will be still above level 4 as a marketing or business development manager for new company.

my question is am I allowed to do that as I am doing a new business but my role will not be less then level 4 .

your opinion guys
thanks

ehabss
Newly Registered

ILR Applicatoin for Tier 1 Entepreneur 200k route

Post by ehabss » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Good evening, was wondering if someone can help me please: I'm on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and I'd like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and have a question about the evidence I need to provide that I registered as a Director within 6 months of my date of entry to the UK.

I was already registered as a Director of a Limited Company two years before I was granted my Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa, because I started a business in England before I moved to the UK. So I was already registered and didn't re-register, although I don't think that you can re-register because once you're registered that's it you're registered.

So will the UKBA accept my registration as a Director even though it happened two years before I was granted the Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa? The guidelines say I should have registered "within six months of my date of entry to the UK". So do I qualify?

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Could someone please send me a sample director's loan contract. Thanks

ehabss
Newly Registered

director's loan agreement

Post by ehabss » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Dasistfact wrote:Could someone please send me a sample director's loan contract. Thanks
Hi, you can find what you need in this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=137128

my_friend

Re: ILR Applicatoin for Tier 1 Entepreneur 200k route

Post by my_friend » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:53 am

[quote="ehabss"]Good evening, was wondering if someone can help me please: I'm on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and I'd like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and have a question about the evidence I need to provide that I registered as a Director within 6 months of my date of entry to the UK.

I was already registered as a Director of a Limited Company two years before I was granted my Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa, because I started a business in England before I moved to the UK. So I was already registered and didn't re-register, although I don't think that you can re-register because once you're registered that's it you're registered.

So will the UKBA accept my registration as a Director even though it happened two years before I was granted the Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa? The guidelines say I should have registered "within six months of my date of entry to the UK". So do I qualify?

Many thanks for your kind assistance.[/quo

I am also not sure on this...yes i do agree there is no such option of re-registering yourself...when is your indefinite leave to remain application due....

i think consult some good solicitors who have already dealt cases of tier 1 ext applicants....

there is one i know in manchester...i think if u visit her with an appointment she maybe able to give u an advise for free....do let me know....PM me...

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 am

Hello everybody,
I am the latest entry to join this group of extension applicants. We seriously should have a dedicated thread for extension seekers.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:28 am

Globe Trotter wrote:Hello everybody,
I am the latest entry to join this group of extension applicants. We seriously should have a dedicated thread for extension seekers.
Absolutely correct...when did u receive your visa...

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi
I am coming back to UK in two weeks time Please Please if someone can share there experience at the Airport at arrival
1) What kind of questions they ask ?
2) What kind of Documents they ask ?
3) What kind of Documents need to carry ?

so I an any one coming can get prepare themselves
will be very Helpful to lot

Thanking you all in advance

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm

jiwa81 wrote:Hi
I am coming back to UK in two weeks time Please Please if someone can share there experience at the Airport at arrival
1) What kind of questions they ask ?
2) What kind of Documents they ask ?
3) What kind of Documents need to carry ?

so I an any one coming can get prepare themselves
will be very Helpful to lot

Thanking you all in advance
hello buddy,

one of my friend just arrived from pak after two months holidays.He was not asked any questions apart from general like how many days you was away and what business you do..

So dnt worry.You will be all right

googleit

Post by googleit » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi

I got T1 entrepreneur visa and transferred 50k into business account few months ago after getting visa - it obviously would be a director loan investment, just wanted to confirm that do I need to sign legal agreement immediately or can do it in few months time as money has already been transferred

Thanks

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:53 pm

hmmm, well accountant can help on this. if anyone need some help, please feel free to meesage me here or PM :)

cappachino
Member of Standing

extension

Post by cappachino » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Hello
I am cofused on the point of 180 days
Received my visa in July 2013
Now how many days can i be out of the country from july to December
Regards
my_friend wrote:[Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrants are permitted to be absent from the United Kingdom for up to 180 days in any 12 calendar months without jeopardising their application for indefinite leave
to remain.]

please can someone explain me the above sentence...does it mean that i can be out of UK for 6 months every year...or total number of absences should not exceed more than 6 months in total during my leave....

i still am not clear with the above sentence....