ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Weeks since Approval letter, no invite letter yet

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nnj10

2 Weeks since Approval letter, no invite letter yet

Post by nnj10 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:59 am

No wonder this is UKBA, and its Deja Vu after their IT failure last year in which I was one of the victim during my ILR application.

My naturalisation (Form AN) approval letter was sent by UKBA 2 weeks ago (Which I received in prepaid SDE the following day) but still no sign of citizenship ceremony Invitation letter from UKBA.
Council won't bother to answer a query until you receive invitation letter from UKBA.

Simply don't understand why they need to use 2nd class post to send important letters and documents?
Why can't they send 1st class recorded delivery, after all they are charging a Big fortune for this luxury.

In my case its probably going to be more time in ceremony than approval.

Might contact UKBA by email and see (if they bother to reply), what their response is.

Has anyone experienced similar situation?
Is there a phone number to speak to someone directly on this? (Answer is probably NO, but still posting).
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Is your approval letter worded like that?

CITIZENSHIP INVITATION APPLICATION FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BY:
Your Name goes here and date of birth

If this is what you got, this is what you need to take to the ceremony. By the way this is the only letter I got and was enough for the ceremony.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 pm

petkanov wrote:Is your approval letter worded like that?

CITIZENSHIP INVITATION APPLICATION FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BY:
Your Name goes here and date of birth

If this is what you got, this is what you need to take to the ceremony. By the way this is the only letter I got and was enough for the ceremony.
Unfortunately Not.

I received Approval letter which says...Your application is approved and you will receive separate invitation letter to arrange citizenship ceremony.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

nnj10

Received now

Post by nnj10 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Just an update following above rant:

Received my ceremony invitation letter just now (on 15th day from date of original approval letter).

But surprise surprise, it states my ceremony will NOT be at my chosen council (I stated full details of council where I wanted my ceremony in form AN) but at another council (not too far, but still pain and don't know their private ceremony fees).

Hopefully won't have to deal with UKBA ever again.