ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complex Case

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

norty109

Complex Case

Post by norty109 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:57 am

I had Tier 2 ICT visa till 1/9/2013. I left the job on 9/11/12 and returned to India on 12/11/12. Thereafter I travelled to UK on Business Visa from Nov 12 to May 13 on business visa for another employer. Upon my return to India I applied for Tier 2 General which got refused for cooling period and a business visit visa which is under process currently. In case my business visit visa also gets rejected can I still travel on the Tier 2 ICT visa which is valid till 1/9/13 or is it expired now? My old employed intimated the UKBA on 10/12/12 about my leaving employment. Please advise as I have a rented flat and assets which I want to wind up.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 am

Your old Tier 2 visa was superseded by the Business Visitor visa, so no you can't use it. Even if it hadn't been you still couldn't use it as you wouldn't be entering the UK for the purpose that visa was issued - plus it is highly likely to have been curtailed on the basis that you left the employment for which it was issued.

norty109

complex case

Post by norty109 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

This sucks :( Business visa is been filed for 8 working days at new delhi and although documents are strong, recent refusal under T-2 General plus 5.5 months stay under previous business visit upto May 2013 is going to be a negative. So little hope .... how long do they take to process the business visit visa at delhi?