ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set m bank questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ElenaW
Diamond Member

ILR set m bank questions

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am

Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions:

1) I need to show evidence of savings but my savings account is an online one. I've tried to get the bank to sign and stamp print-outs but they have refused. They said they can print out a copy for me or send me statements in the post. Are either of these options good enough? Or will it look like an internet printout if they do it in the branch?

2) I also have another account that has been sending me statements which I have 6 months of. If my last statement was dated June 13th and I apply early next week (July 3rd or so) will I need to have the bank print out these two weeks worth? Or is what I have good enough?

Thanks for any help!
I tell it like it is.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:47 am

Are you not employed?

Ideally, you should request the bank to send statements. Though, certified print outs ought to suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 am

D4109125 wrote:Are you not employed?

Ideally, you should request the bank to send statements. Though, certified print outs ought to suffice.
Nope DH and I are both living off of savings (both MSc students at the moment). Some savings are in the savings account and about £6k in the one that I have statements for.

What does certified print out mean exactly? Stamped and signed? Just printed from the bank? Printed with a cover letter?

Thanks so much for your help.
I tell it like it is.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 am

ElenaW wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Are you not employed?

Nope DH and I are both living off of savings (both MSc students at the moment). Some savings are in the savings account and about £6k in the one that I have statements for.

What does certified print out mean exactly? Stamped and signed? Just printed from the bank? Printed with a cover letter?

Thanks so much for your help.
Should be printed at the branch and stamped, dated and signed by the cashier. Though, actual bank statements are always preferable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.