ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW refusal and submitted Judicial Review..

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishwen

Post by vishwen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:34 pm

You are right, I just checked and it's not guarantee permission to supreme court will be granted. It's not an easy process

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 pm

I still say the same you knw tht guy Zane Malik keep loosing every case first he lost ACCA in high ciurt and now Khatel in SC..I doubt if he can win ACCA case in Court of appeal... I think Zane is not good in PSW cases he might b good in rests but he is too over rated and they charge about 2k or 3k but to be honest they are all money eater.. I am really pixed off from some of the barriesters they take money and i even had to sell my car to pay thier feeses and at the end result is nill.. ohh man

Khan389
Newly Registered

Post by Khan389 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Hy
I have some doubts in paragraph 10 and 22. There is something importantly wrong.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 pm

hassan5805 wrote:I still say the same you knw tht guy Zane Malik keep loosing every case first he lost ACCA in high ciurt and now Khatel in SC..I doubt if he can win ACCA case in Court of appeal... I think Zane is not good in PSW cases he might b good in rests but he is too over rated and they charge about 2k or 3k but to be honest they are all money eater.. I am really pixed off from some of the barriesters they take money and i even had to sell my car to pay thier feeses and at the end result is nill.. ohh man
Seriously, Zane Malik isn't loosing every case. He is just an advocate of his client at the end of the day. One side will be the losing side. i don't think that means that one set of advisors must be better than the other. This isn't a singing contest. These cases go so far because people are willing to do things like sell their car to pay fees.

Now you are all talking about the Supreme Court and ECHR.

You know warring divorcing couples who drag each other through the courts and end up spending all their family's assets on legal costs? Yes, one of them (or more likely neither) may win, but at what cost?

I also don't understand this supposed unfairness thing. Judges have to decide cases using case law, which can change. No judge will accept "not fair!" as a reason to allow an appeal when case law has changed.

It also looks like the possibility of UKBA having a policy to grant LTR when a degree was issued after an application was made was raised in the appeal anyway.

vishwen

Post by vishwen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:46 pm

If you are talking ant case law, how come my friend study with me got visa last month, she was refused on the basis of date of award. So the rules should apply to everyone the same. How do u know Malik raised this issued in the appeal, there is nowhere it mentioned abt this.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 am

vishwen wrote:If you are talking ant case law, how come my friend study with me got visa last month, she was refused on the basis of date of award. So the rules should apply to everyone the same. How do u know Malik raised this issued in the appeal, there is nowhere it mentioned abt this.
Case law was different last month, that is the way it works.

vishwen

Post by vishwen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:48 am

So u mean that when Zane malik will go to supreme court, we might get another case law within the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.

laghari_iam

Annoyed!

Post by laghari_iam » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 am

Tuff luck guys,we lost well but never give up lets wait till the very last drop lol..we will win INSHALLAH in supreme court, does anyone knows is that ACCA PSW case on 2nd july is going to be heard in SC or COA? if im not wrong they lost their JR case in april then how come they got the further hearing really soon on 2nd july? or this is a diff case?

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: Annoyed!

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am

laghari_iam wrote:Tuff luck guys,we lost well but never give up lets wait till the very last drop lol..we will win INSHALLAH in supreme court, does anyone knows is that ACCA PSW case on 2nd july is going to be heard in SC or COA? if im not wrong they lost their JR case in april then how come they got the further hearing really soon on 2nd july? or this is a diff case?
There is no case in COA and SC we are in process to get permission and the leding case is SYED and AHMEd same case as in Hc so whoever saying its not right... We are about 3" ppl and keep ringing every day in COA

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:45 am

vishwen wrote:So u mean that when Zane malik will go to supreme court, we might get another case law within the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right.

wasimraza121

Post by wasimraza121 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am

PaperPusher wrote:
vishwen wrote:So u mean that when Zane malik will go to supreme court, we might get another case law within the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right.
And i have to pay the court fee on behalf all of u

vishwen

Post by vishwen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 am

Why you need to pay the court fee on behalf of all of us.

mani10
Newly Registered

Post by mani10 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to clarify one thing. According to the Khatel decision made yesterday, all 4 of them got their results after or they got their degrees after they submitted their applications?

In my case, I got my results in Jan 2012 and I wasn't waiting for anything else. My college and Uni (my college was affiliated with Uni) gave me letters that I have completed my studies and the graduation ceremony will be held in June.

So according to the paragraph "70" i was first notified in Jan when I got my results and written confirmation from my institution.

Is that correct? Please help clarifying this point.

Thx.

Khan389
Newly Registered

Post by Khan389 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:16 am

If you were informed by awarding institute (on its letter head) then its ok. ceremoney is not date of award. date of award means when a student is notified by awarding institute that he has obtained the qualification.

mani10
Newly Registered

Post by mani10 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my institution had actually gave their letter head and stamped it properly and it was clearly written and confirmed on it that I have completed my studies in January and only the ceremony will be held in June.

HO rejected my application because my ceremony was in June and they didn't give 15 points for that.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

mani10 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my institution had actually gave their letter head and stamped it properly and it was clearly written and confirmed on it that I have completed my studies in January and only the ceremony will be held in June.

HO rejected my application because my ceremony was in June and they didn't give 15 points for that.
Completing your studies is not the same thing as being awarded the qualification. When was your qualification awarded? The graduation ceremony is after the qualification has been awarded though.

mani10
Newly Registered

Post by mani10 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:11 am

I'm sorry but I'm confused with your question.

Lets put it this way.

I wrote my final exams in Dec 2011. Then I got my results in Jan 2012. In Feb, my college asked me to come and collect the letters ( From my college as well as from the Uni with which my college is affiliated). I got my letters from my institution in Feb confirming that I have completed my qualification successfully and the graduation ceremony will in June.

And that's how everyone in my college or even my classmates got their PSW.

Thx!!

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:42 am

wasimraza121 wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:
You are right.
And i have to pay the court fee on behalf all of u
you will not have to pay only the leading case have to pay.. Well like we All the acca ppl are soliti g the cost on all if us and if you are in thosunds then cost will be minimum so why not one person get details of everyone and discuss about the cost..

vishwen

Post by vishwen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 am

Brother, if your friends got psw, why can't you used their evidence to support your case, I got the same problem like yours, but some of my friends are providing their documents to support my case as well. It can't be one rule for some students and another rule for the rest. Rules should apply to everyone the same.

mani10
Newly Registered

Post by mani10 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

vishwen wrote:Brother, if your friends got psw, why can't you used their evidence to support your case, I got the same problem like yours, but some of my friends are providing their documents to support my case as well. It can't be one rule for some students and another rule for the rest. Rules should apply to everyone the same.
When did you get your results??

vishwen

Post by vishwen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:58 am

may and my friends got in may as well, but they got their visa and I got refused. How will you explain that ?

mani10
Newly Registered

Post by mani10 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

vishwen wrote:may and my friends got in may as well, but they got their visa and I got refused. How will you explain that ?
Okay. In my case I got my results in Jan 2012 but still got refused. Even I sent everything which they asked for.

When is your hearing Vishwen? have you had any hearing at all till now

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 pm

vishwen wrote:may and my friends got in may as well, but they got their visa and I got refused. How will you explain that ?
Did they get the PSW visa on appeal?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 pm

mani10 wrote:I'm sorry but I'm confused with your question.

Lets put it this way.

I wrote my final exams in Dec 2011. Then I got my results in Jan 2012. In Feb, my college asked me to come and collect the letters ( From my college as well as from the Uni with which my college is affiliated). I got my letters from my institution in Feb confirming that I have completed my qualification successfully and the graduation ceremony will in June.

Thx!!
If the qualification was awarded in February then you seem to meet the rules for PSW.

Was there a stage after the letter in February, moderation perhaps or a meeting of a board? Did your letter say that you have been actually awarded the degree?

Have you appealed?
Last edited by PaperPusher on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mani10
Newly Registered

Post by mani10 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
mani10 wrote:I'm sorry but I'm confused with your question.

Lets put it this way.

Thx!!
Then you seem to meet the rules for PSW.

Have you appealed?

Yes, I did and my hearing is next month.

But I've been put in a group where my case is different from others. I never wanted to go in a group and now i want my hearing to be heard separately.