ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

multiple-entry Visitor visa - duration between two visits

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xyz123

multiple-entry Visitor visa - duration between two visits

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

hi

my uncle has multi entry 5 year visitor visa. i know he is not allowed to stay more than 180 days in a single visit but is there a limit between the number of days between visits?

ta

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:46 pm

No

paone

Re: multiple-entry Visitor visa - duration between two visit

Post by paone » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi My mom has a 5 year multi entry visa..
rule says
180 day maximum stay in a year..

so in the year 2013 she was here for 6 months
she was here from July 9 2013 th to January 5th 2014
so thats 180 days of stay she has completed..

can she come back before July 2014 or can she only come back after July 2014
i think the rule just says shes allowed 180 days, and isnt quite clear to me if the calcualtion starts from the day she arrived or the entire year..

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:45 am

There is no limit on multiple visa entry
But it could be questioned at airport at the time of arrival in UK
If a Uk visitor is spending less time in home country and more in uk.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:50 am

paone wrote:Hi My mom has a 5 year multi entry visa..
rule says
180 day maximum stay in a year..
In a year??? I thought its max of 6 months stay per visit

paone

Post by paone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:49 pm

thanks..
i found another one regarding the 6 month max stay..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1/#header5

VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits
There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. However, the Immigration Rules state that the applicant must show that they do not intend to live in the UK for extended periods through frequent and successive visits. An ECO must consider the reason for a series of visits with only brief intervals outside the UK between each visit. The ECO must consider the purpose of the visit against the time elapsed between visits and the duration of previous visits to the UK.

There is no Rule that states a visitor can only remain in the UK for 6 out of any 12 months, but an ECO must examine the pattern and frequency of visits to see that it does not amount to de facto residence.

Occasionally, a business visitor may be required to stay for a period of weeks or even months (for example, where machinery is being installed or faults being diagnosed and corrected). However, the ECO should be satisfied that their presence in the UK on business does not amount to de facto residency and does not mean that he / she is basing himself / herself in the UK and holding down a specific post which constitutes employment and would therefore require the individual to seek entry under the points-based system.

thanks all :)