ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for old work permit dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vadday1986
Newly Registered

ILR for old work permit dependents

Post by vadday1986 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:27 pm

To give a little bit of background about myself, I have been on work permit (Old style) from October 2008 (Still on old style WP).

I got married in December 2011. My wife got her WP dependant visa issued in december 2011 and she has come to the UK (for the first time) on 26/12/11.

My question is that my wife can apply with me ? As she is less than 2 years in uk . But as per the requirements stated under 196d paragraph of current immigration rules ! No time limit mentioned for non - PBS !

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vadday1986
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by vadday1986 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Thank you vinny !

That means I and my wife can apply for ILR @ same time .

Could you please give me some important points which I can tell the CW when dealing the application !

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:18 pm

196E.

Click on previous link(s) for more info.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vadday1986
Newly Registered

Post by vadday1986 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi vinny !

I am bit confused with the 196 E.

Can we both apply at same time !

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

vinny wrote:Yes.

vadday1986
Newly Registered

Post by vadday1986 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Dear Experts,

This is immensely informative and helpful forum. Many thanks for all your support. Request you to please help as appropriate.

My Query:

1. I am employed on old work permit since October 2008 with same employer and have straightforward case.
2. I am getting eligible for ILR this September 2013 .
3. I got married in December 2011 in India and my wife joined me here in December 2011.
4. She has spent around 1 year 09 months with me in UK.
5. Does she qualifies for ILR as she is WP dependent and not PBS? Or we will need to apply for ?
6.We could not find our Marriage certificate , but we got our wedding card and photos as proof .Please advise on this ...........

Many thanks.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm

You have duplicate post, please continue it in one place.

I think you already have answers from Vinny with reference.

Regards,

vadday1986
Newly Registered

Post by vadday1986 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm

hi vinny,
i had an appointment @ croydon peo on 9 september .
just to confirm with you that my wife on work permit dependent and she will be eligible for ILR along with me .
and i need to submit my wife bank statements , pay slips along with our application .
or my documents enough

elko1983
Newly Registered

Post by elko1983 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 pm

I think my case is a bit complicated but I hope someone can advice me something regarding it.

At the moment I'm staying in the country under the Tier 4 Student visa that will expire 6th of November. In June I got married to a person who has a work permit visa (non point-based system). Under the new rules that presumably will come into effect 1t of October (HC 628) I will be able to apply for a dependant visa on my husband's working visa inside of UK.

However the situation complicates because my husband's working visa expires in December and he will have to apply for an ILR. Also based on immigration law part 5 rule 196d I should qualify for ILR with my husband but only if I already have a dependant visa on the moment of application.

Therefore I need to get a dependant visa asap on his existing working visa in order to qualify for an ILR with my husband. I'm afraid though that I will encounter some problems because his working visa expires in two months.

Can you please advice me whether I have any chances to get a dependant visa on the work permit visa 2 months before it expires?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:07 am

elko1983, please continue in previous thread.

jan123

Post by jan123 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:53 am

vadday1986

Hi would you mind to share the outcome of your case. any suggestion. I got more or less similar situation for my wife.

She is here in uk since 2009 on student visa. we were married in 2010.

i am on work permit under old system( granted in sept 2008). now i am due to apply for my ILR in Dec13 but not sure about my wife. She is still on student visa.

Just wondering if she should switch her visa asap as my dependent and then apply for ILR with me in Dec13.

Time is short so any prompt help will be much appreciated.
Thanks