ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vadday1986
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by vadday1986 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Dear Experts,

This is immensely informative and helpful forum. Many thanks for all your support. Request you to please help as appropriate.

My Query:

1. I am employed on old work permit since October 2008 with same employer and have straightforward case.
2. I am getting eligible for ILR this September 2013 .
3. I got married in December 2011 in India and my wife joined me here in December 2011.
4. She has spent around 1 year 09 months with me in UK.
5. Does she qualifies for ILR as she is WP dependent and not PBS? Or we will need to apply for ?
6.We could not find our Marriage certificate , but we got our wedding card and photos as proof .Please advise on this ...........

Many thanks.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,

As per my knowledge it is good to have marriage certificate as proof but if you don't have try to get one from India. ( sometimes UKBA don"t accept marriage or invitation card)

2. as per your wife stay statement till today its only

Result: 604 days
It is 604 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 1 year, 7 months, 26 days excluding the end date

so it is better to wait ( 2yrs is mandatory requirement)

I hope it helps
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi I think, read this, you are on old workpermit, your wife doesn't need to be here for 2 years

ILR Success

Please read answer to question # 12 in FAQs.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards

vadday1986
Newly Registered

Post by vadday1986 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:54 pm

i am on old work permit and it is non-PBS , it does not show any time limit for dependents .

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

vadday1986 wrote:i am on old work permit and it is non-PBS , it does not show any time limit for dependents .
Based on my previous post your wife is eligible as you are on old work permit, please read For WP holders (pre-PBS) and HSMP JR migrants covered by HSMP JRs, all dependants qualify for ILR along with main applicant irrespective of length of stay in UK (196D).

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 am

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:You have duplicate post, please continue it in one place.

I think you already have answers from Vinny with reference.

Regards,
Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.