ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DONT HAVE LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

star17

DONT HAVE LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE

Post by star17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:19 pm

HI

my brother is going to apply for British Citizenship next week.
we have one problem,

last year when he applied for ILR he sent his Original LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE along with ILR application.
but
they did not send that back with Biometric Residence Permit, now he has to send them along with his British Citizenship Application, how can he get that back?

or

is there any other way dealing with this?

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Re: DONT HAVE LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

star17 wrote:HI

we have one problem,

last year when he applied for ILR he sent his Original LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE along with ILR application.
but
they did not send that back with Biometric Residence Permit, now he has to send them along with his British Citizenship Application, how can he get that back?

or

Regards
He does nt need it, he should tick that he met the KOLL requirements for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

star17

Post by star17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:36 pm

many thanks D4109125

star17

Post by star17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 pm

i got one more question about the referees
1- do both referees has to British National?
2- do both have to be professionals e.g doctor, engineer,solicitor etc

i appreciate your reply.

psb

Post by psb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:35 am

Only one referee must be British, the other one of any nationality.

One of them must be a professional referee, either of them.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 am

psb wrote:One referee must be British, the other one of any nationality.

My understanding is professional referee can be of any nationality but personal referee has to be BC (with professional qualification or older than 25 years)

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:36 am

cricinfo wrote:
psb wrote:One referee must be British, the other one of any nationality.

My understanding is professional referee can be of any nationality but personal referee has to be BC (with professional qualification or older than 25 years)
+1 to this.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

psb

Post by psb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

duplicate
Last edited by psb on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psb

Post by psb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

My professional referee was from a EU country and was accepted by the Home Office.

star17

Re: DONT HAVE LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE

Post by star17 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:21 pm

D4109125 wrote:
star17 wrote:HI

we have one problem,

but

or

Regards
He does nt need it, he should tick that he met the KOLL requirements for settlement.
i contacted my local NCS office today to get appointment, and explained her about my life in the uk test certificate.

lady said i must bring my original certificate along me as they need to see all original papers ( i do have photo copy).
i try to contact the test centre where i attended my life in the uk test couple of year ago, unfortunately that test centre is closed.

i dont know what to do now?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:57 pm

The NCS employee is wrong. Tell her so and if she insists, ask to her to check with the UKBA while you wait.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm

You already received a good answer from someone in this thread. I don't see why people ask for advice in a thread then disregard the answers they're given and go and ask someone else. Why didn't you just ask the NCS people in the first place if you weren't going to take the advice of the people in the thread? I think it's very rude. Someone takes their time to help you with your query and you just choose to ignore it.

Anyway, I have no idea why the NCS person told you you need to bring the LIUK certificate if you've already explained your circumstances. If the home office already has your LIUK certificate then how can you bring it with you to your NCS appointment? Just tick the box that says you have met the language requirements and you will be fine.
Last edited by Astrid24 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

star17

Post by star17 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Astrid24.. i decided to use this ID myself, previously my brother wrote question for me.
2nd for just your kind information ( everyone else knows that) when you try to get appointment with NCS ,they tell you what you need to bring along on the day of appointment.
and
forum are made to share information while NSC is and formal department,and they have certain guidelines to follow, if they say something ( right or wrong) that is trouble/issue for that person.

then

one has to come back to forum to get further information. this is why i only referred it to kind person D4109125.

i hope you will not waste your time writing irrelevant things and will understand the purpose of forums.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Ok well then I apologise. I misunderstood. Hopefully you have got the answer you need.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Unfortunately the NCS are not infallible and often make mistakes. In this case they are definitely mistaken. :?

star17

Post by star17 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Casa wrote:Unfortunately the NCS are not infallible and often make mistakes. In this case they are definitely mistaken. :?
i agree for sure they are mistaken. if they insisted i will give the copy and will ask them to send copy along with my application and do write them that applicant failed to provide original.

i dont mind

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Point them to page 13 of the guide (click) or ask them to call a UKBA caseworker. Remember those at the NCS are not highly trained and are just looking out for you hence the often over cautious reactions.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.