ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) and SET(M) applications - June 2013 Timelines

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emrah

SET(O) and SET(M) applications - June 2013 Timelines

Post by Emrah » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:19 pm

I would like to set up new topic for June 2013 to see how those of us that applied in June 2013 are getting on.
Below is my status and timeline so far.

Type of application: SET(M)
Type of previous residency: 2 Years Spouse Visa FLR (M)
Dependant: 0
Payment method: Debit Card

Date Applied: 06/06/2013
Date of payment taken: 11/06/2013
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 14/06/2013 (dated 10/06/2013)
Biometric letter: 22/06/2013 (dated 19/06/2013)
Biometrics done: 25/06/2013
Date of approval: 29/06/2013 (dated 28/06/2013)
BRP: 02/07/2013

I used Settlement Checking Service to send my application.

I will update my status by time, I would like the best wishes to people who applied for ILR and good luck.

Please join this topic if you applied for visa in June 2013.
Last edited by Emrah on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: SET(O) and SET(M) applications - June 2013 Timelines

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Good Luck.
Emrah wrote:I would like to set up new topic for June 2013 to see how those of us that applied in June 2013 are getting on.

Date of payment taken:
Date of the acknowledgement letter:
Biometric letter:
Biometrics done:
Date of approval:
BRP:

I will update my status by time, I would like the best wishes to people who applied for ILR and good luck.

KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Good Luck.
Thanks Kevin.

I didn't find the SCS very helpful to be honest she wasn't very professional.

She was ticking unnecessary places on my form I was correcting her for the mistakes.

I was insisting to give her letters on my name and my wife name for the same month cos there wasn't joint letter for some months but she was like no no that's fine only yours will be fine.

The only good thing I found on SCS is they are making copy of your documents and passports and hand it to you back in the same day nothing else was special.

It doesn't worth £90 in my opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Good Luck.
Thanks Kevin.

I didn't find the SCS very helpful to be honest she wasn't very professional.

She was ticking unnecessary places on my form I was correcting her for the mistakes.

I was insisting to give her letters on my name and my wife name for the same month cos there wasn't joint letter for some months but she was like no no that's fine only yours will be fine.

The only good thing I found on SCS is they are making copy of your documents and passports and hand it to you back in the same day nothing else was special.

It doesn't worth £90 in my opinion.
SCS officers are well train in My Local Council.I di not use the SCS for MY ILR. I did every thing by Myself and closely following the Forum. There is less chances of rejection by UKBA if you use SCS. Let's celeberate when you get your ILR.£ 90 is well spent. My Solicitor wanted £ 500 advance before starting the work.
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
SCS officers are well train in My Local Council.I di not use the SCS for MY ILR. I did every thing by Myself and closely following the Forum. There is less chances of rejection by UKBA if you use SCS. Let's celeberate when you get your ILR.£ 90 is well spent. My Solicitor wanted £ 500 advance before starting the work.
I was gonna do everything myself as well like I did for my previous visas.

But wanted to get it my ILR faster and less chances to be rejected thats why I used them.

Hopefully it will come back soon without any problems and we can celebrate it.

Solicitors are like mafia they are robbing people off.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
I was gonna do everything myself as well like I did for my previous visas.

But wanted to get it my ILR faster and less chances to be rejected thats why I used them.

Hopefully it will come back soon without any problems and we can celebrate it.

Solicitors are like mafia they are robbing people off.
My friend got her ILR approval(SET M) in 3 months,using SCS services.You should get it soon. True Solicitors operate like Mafia. They have no human values,all they want is money,what ever happens.
I will always remember how you got stressed and got me really thinking about PAYE Tax Code,3 days before MY PEO appointment.
KEVIN

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:30 pm

I feel bad for suggesting the SCS let's hope you get a swift decision, I saw someone who did SCS get a reply in 7 weeks recently so you never know :-)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:11 pm

D4109125 wrote:I feel bad for suggesting the SCS let's hope you get a swift decision, I saw someone who did SCS get a reply in 7 weeks recently so you never know :-)
dont worry Amber. Its a good service to use thats obvious but I didnt like the woman who looked after me. I believe I knew Set M form better than her. It totally depends on the person who looks after you.

It is very good to get your passports and documents back at the same day cos there is no chance to get your passport lost. Only thing I sent away was my BRP card.

Last time I got my FLR M visa in 7 weeks time hopefully I will get my ILR as quick as like last time.

Cos more waiting causing people more strees.

@Kevin24 Im sorry to make you worry mate.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm

The amount is taken out from my bank yesterday. So far so good :)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Emrah wrote:The amount is taken out from my bank yesterday. So far so good :)
Hopefully a decision in August. Just one more step afterwards..... Nationality.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:10 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Hopefully Amber.

My Cousin is getting married in September hopefully I will get good news before that so I can go to his wedding.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Hopefully Amber.

My Cousin is getting married in September hopefully I will get good news before that so I can go to his wedding.
l

Congratulations for your cousin, I'm sure you'll have a positive response in time.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:Congratulations for your cousin, I'm sure you'll have a positive response in time.
Thanks for your positiveness Amber.

Its surprising Im the only person who applied in June so far from the Forum.

Spring

Post by Spring » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Emrah wrote:I would like to set up new topic for June 2013 to see how those of us that applied in June 2013 are getting on.

BRP:

Many Congratulations, Emrah!

I too, have applied on 6th June 2013 but on Set O. Received the acknowledgment letter dated 10th June 2013 on 17th June.

As yet, still waiting for the arrival of the BRP notification letter. I'm wondering if our postie has lost that letter, and if so, is anyone aware of any contact numbers/address/emails to verify?

All the best again, Emrah.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Spring wrote:

I too, have applied on 6th June 2013 but on Set O. Received the acknowledgment letter dated 10th June 2013 on 17th June.

As yet, still waiting for the arrival of the BRP notification letter. I'm wondering if our postie has lost that letter, and if so, is anyone aware of any contact numbers/address/emails to verify?

Thanks Spring.

SET O applications unfortunately takes long time. One of my friend got his after 5 months another one is still waiting its been more than 4 and half months. Your BRP letter should arrive within a week or two maximum.

Good Luck with your application.

Spring

Post by Spring » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Emrah wrote:
Spring wrote:

Thanks Spring.

SET O applications unfortunately takes long time. One of my friend got his after 5 months another one is still waiting its been more than 4 and half months. Your BRP letter should arrive within a week or two maximum.

Good Luck with your application.
Thank you, Emrah for your well wishes. It is celebration time for you! And good of you to update and share your experiences with the forum.

By the sounds of things, and from what you've said, I should be looking into the whereabouts of my BRP notification letter.

Does anyone know of any contact numbers/addresses/emails that I may use to verify the whereabouts of my BRP notification letter?

Any suggestions or advice will be most gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Spring wrote:
Thank you, Emrah for your well wishes. It is celebration time for you! And good of you to update and share your experiences with the forum.

By the sounds of things, and from what you've said, I should be looking into the whereabouts of my BRP notification letter.

Does anyone know of any contact numbers/addresses/emails that I may use to verify the whereabouts of my BRP notification letter?

Many thanks.
I will check my BRP letter and HO letters to see if I can find anything. Sorry but it wont be quicker than tomorrow cos Im working just now.

Spring

Post by Spring » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:46 am

Emrah wrote:
Spring wrote:

Many thanks.
I will check my BRP letter and HO letters to see if I can find anything. Sorry but it wont be quicker than tomorrow cos Im working just now.
No worries; but thanks for checking, Emrah.

ilr-tracker

June Timelines

Post by ilr-tracker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:20 pm

@Spring : I am in same boat as you applied on 3-Jun did not provide any P-60's or salary slips for the period before Tier-1, just WP approval letter and vignette on Passport. Not sure how will it sail..as you correctly mentioned ppl have submitted 5 ys P60's, and is a wise thing to do.

Called UKBA they say if the Case Worker needs more information they will write and ask for it.

Meanwhile I am getting 5 Yr tax history from HMRC would advise you to get that too.

- Keep posting as our timelines are nearly same..
Best of Luck
Make this world a better place to live

Spring

Re: June Timelines

Post by Spring » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm

ilr-tracker wrote:@Spring : I am in same boat as you applied on 3-Jun did not provide any P-60's or salary slips for the period before Tier-1, just WP approval letter and vignette on Passport. Not sure how will it sail..as you correctly mentioned ppl have submitted 5 ys P60's, and is a wise thing to do.

Called UKBA they say if the Case Worker needs more information they will write and ask for it.

Meanwhile I am getting 5 Yr tax history from HMRC would advise you to get that too.

Best of Luck
Hi ilr-tracker,

Thank you for commiserating with me. Yes, I did mention in another post that I've not submitted any P60s, although I do have all 5 years of them and I did include my invoices and dividends that corroborated with my bank statements, both business and personal. Also, I did not submit any payslips, or P60s as I did not wish to add confusion, since the figures on the payslips and P60s were not reconciled to the figures of my limited company bank account as my payslips were issued later, i.e. I have only drawn "dividends" from my business bank account.

Since our timelines are similar, have you received your BRP notification letter yet?

Many thanks for sharing.

All the best to you too.

ilr-tracker

Post by ilr-tracker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm

@Spring - Yes I did receive it on 25-Jun, and got it done the same day.

Another question - So did you provide evidence of economic activity for all 5 yrs ?

Spring wrote:
ilr-tracker wrote:@Spring : I am in same boat as you applied on 3-Jun did not provide any P-60's or salary slips for the period before Tier-1, just WP approval letter and vignette on Passport. Not sure how will it sail..as you correctly mentioned ppl have submitted 5 ys P60's, and is a wise thing to do.

Best of Luck
Hi ilr-tracker,

Thank you for commiserating with me. Yes, I did mention in another post that I've not submitted any P60s, although I do have all 5 years of them and I did include my invoices and dividends that corroborated with my bank statements, both business and personal. Also, I did not submit any payslips, or P60s as I did not wish to add confusion, since the figures on the payslips and P60s were not reconciled to the figures of my limited company bank account as my payslips were issued later, i.e. I have only drawn "dividends" from my business bank account.

Since our timelines are similar, have you received your BRP notification letter yet?

Many thanks for sharing.

All the best to you too.

Spring

Post by Spring » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:40 pm

ilr-tracker wrote:@Spring - Yes I did receive it on 25-Jun, and got it done the same day.

Another question - So did you provide evidence of economic activity for all 5 yrs ?

Spring wrote:

Best of Luck
Hi ilr-tracker,

Many thanks for sharing.

All the best to you too.
Hi ilr-tracker,

Well, I did include my most recent self assessment/tax return (April '12), evidence of corporation tax and NI paid both in bank statements and receipts. Last year, my accountant did send a request to the HMRC for a review of my self-assessments from 2006 onwards, and I have a copy of the summary of my self-assessments from 2006-2012. Hence, should the HO look into my economic activity over the years, they should have no difficulty in finding some evidence. Also, it may seem a little unconventional, but I did include a copy of my CV as well, to facilitate tracking my employment timeline.

Regarding my BRP notification letter, it seems that I should be receiving it anytime now, if you have received yours on the 25th June.

Looks like I should get in touch with the Home Office re: my missing BRP letter.

Spring

Post by Spring » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Previous residency: 2 Years Spouse Visa FLR (M)

BRP: 02/07/2013

Finally received my BRP notification letter today (dated 02 July; the day I rung the HO).

My timeline so far:

Type of application: Set (O)
Previous residency: HSMP (2yrs) + Tier 1 (G) (3 years)
Dependent: 0
Payment method: Mastercard

Date of application sent: 06 June 2013
Date of application received: 07 June 2013 (via special delivery)
Date of payment taken: 10 June 2013
Acknowledgment Letter received: 17 June 2013 (dated 10 June 2013)
Biometric Notification Letter received: 05 July 2013 (dated 02 July 2013; also received previous biometrics notification letter dated 20 June 2013 on 05 July 2013).
Biometrics done: 05 July 2013

Are there more June applicants out there? Please feel free to add to the timeline when you have a spare moment.

Many thanks.

All the best.

ilr-tracker

June Timelines

Post by ilr-tracker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 am

@ Spring : Thats nice - All the best

I have update your details on the tracker as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 844#873844

Spring

Post by Spring » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:36 am

ilr-tracker wrote:@ Spring : Thats nice - All the best

I have update your details on the tracker as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 844#873844
That is great! Many thanks, ilr-tracker.

Would you like to add any details of your application to this June Timeline as well?

Many thanks.

All the best.