ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved !!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rasel
Newly Registered

ILR Approved !!!

Post by rasel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello friends and Gurus,

Just got our ILR approved this morning from Solihull PEO. It took only 20 minutes to get the documents checked in the counter and to get a verbal GREEN signal.

Then Biometrics were taken as usual... hour and a half wondering around the town.... 12:15 went back and papers were ready!!!

Thank you very much everyone in this FORUM for all your help and support.

Oh... the two cents from my Experience.....

Keep it simple.... No matter how many documents you prepare, they will accept/ask for only those they require. And yes if you take a copy of the documents, it will help to speed up the process.

Jamal112
Newly Registered

Post by Jamal112 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:33 am

Congratulation!
Enjoy

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:21 pm

congratulations

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:24 pm

congratulations mate enjoy your ILR.

aknight

Post by aknight » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Congratulations! It'll be interesting to hear your story at Solihull :)

leicester_boy
Mood:

Re: ILR Approved !!!

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi rasel,

Firstly, congratulations on you ILR!

I just have a small query. Did you submit any letter from your employer stating number of UK absences (whether work related or not)

I am due ILR soon and have been away from the UK for just over 3 months in the last 5 years. These holidays were all non-work related so I am not sure if a letter from employer is needed?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep it simple.... No matter how many documents you prepare, they will accept/ask for only those they require. And yes if you take a copy of the documents, it will help to speed up the process.[/quote]

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:15 pm

rasel wrote:Hello friends and Gurus,

Just got our ILR approved this morning from Solihull PEO. It took only 20 minutes to get the documents checked in the counter and to get a verbal GREEN signal.

Then Biometrics were taken as usual... hour and a half wondering around the town.... 12:15 went back and papers were ready!!!

Keep it simple.... No matter how many documents you prepare, they will accept/ask for only those they require. And yes if you take a copy of the documents, it will help to speed up the process.
Congratulations .Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

rasel
Newly Registered

Post by rasel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

I just have a small query. Did you submit any letter from your employer stating number of UK absences (whether work related or not)
I had one letter prepared from my current employer but they did not ask for any letters..... :D

As I said, if you go to Solihull you dont have the option to submit all your documents. You will be sitting in the counter in front of a case worker and the case worker will ask for documents one after another.

My sequence was..
  • Application Form and Passports (as my passports were in an envelop along with BRP cards and photographs I passed the envelop to the CW)
    Life in the UK Certificates
    Bank statements and Payslips
    Cohab documents
While she was checking my payslips and bank statements I informed her that I prepared a cover letter detailing all point scoring areas and breakdown of my earnings which will help her in cross checking the documents...........she just simply refused my offer of assistance :cry:

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 am

rasel wrote:Hello friends and Gurus,

hi rasel,

first of all congratulations on your ILR. Could you please let me know whether you applied for self or self + dependents(if any). I am trying to find a slot for Solihull for me and my partner, but no luck so far. It does show slots available for main applicant, but sadly not for both of us. Any idea when you booked your appointment online.

thanks
Sonu

rasel
Newly Registered

Post by rasel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi Sonu,

My application was self+dependent. And I booked my appointment around 40/42 days earlier. You need to keep trying to get the slot. The trick is to try it after 12:00 at night. You will definitely get some slots at that time.

My first booking was at Croydon. Luckily, next night I found a slot for Solihull...... :wink:

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 am

rasel wrote:Hi Sonu,

My application was self+dependent. And I booked my appointment around 40/42 days earlier. You need to keep trying to get the slot. The trick is to try it after 12:00 at night. You will definitely get some slots at that time.

My first booking was at Croydon. Luckily, next night I found a slot for Solihull...... :wink:
Thx rasel.

I have booked for Croydon and luckily got a slot for Solihull. Tried around 5am yesterday.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Thank you rasel

I had one letter prepared from my current employer but they did not ask for any letters..... :D

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR.