ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stokbrig

ILR granted

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 am

Hi, folks -
Just thought I'd give a wee update - I got ILR ! Never have to look at that damned SET(O) form again.
I went to the Glasgow PEO and everything was pretty straightforward.
have the payment pages at the ready first - both the proof you paid your booking fees AND the filled out form from the application with your bank details. Those are the first things handed over.
Then,submitted all relevant docs as specified in section 11 of the application form no more no less! I was on Tier1 G and HSMP, same employer for 5 years!
Yay! Relatively painless but expensive with 2 dependants, I joked that I went on my summer holidays today - to the PEO in Glasgow.
That's about it, but I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.
Thank you SO MUCH for all your support .
Last edited by stokbrig on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Congratulations --> Great !!!

bankyk1
Newly Registered

ilr need help

Post by bankyk1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:01 pm

i trying to apply for my ilr on the 3rd of july but my wife can't go with me cause she need to attend her grandmother funeral on the same day i.e 3rd of july.. so is it possible to go without my wife or i should just get the date cancel and book for another appointment please guyz i need your help on this. thanks

onabanjo

Re: ILR granted

Post by onabanjo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:34 pm

stokbrig wrote:Hi, folks -
Just thought I'd give a wee update - I got ILR ! Never have to look at that damned SET(O) form again.
I went to the Glasgow PEO and everything was pretty straightforward.
have the payment pages at the ready first - both the proof you paid your booking fees AND the filled out form from the application with your bank details. Those are the first things handed over.
Keep it simple and brief .submitted all relevant docs as specified in section 11 of the application form no more no less! I was on Tier1 G and HSMP, same employer for 5 years!
Yay! Relatively painless & ridiculously expensive! with 2 dependants, I joked that I went on my summer holidays today - to the PEO in Glasgow.
That's about it, but I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.
Thank you SO MUCH for all your support .
Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Re: ILR granted

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi stokbrig,

Firstly, congratulation on your ILR.

I was going through Section 11 as you mentioned and came across this:

Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous
stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit
holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in
11A, you must provide the following documents

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Do you know what the last para is all about? I have been on Tier 1 for the last 4.5 years.

Also, did you submit any letter from your employer mentioning UK absences?

Thank you and Regards,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks guys all the best.

leicester_boy,
For the period before I was granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, I submitted HSMP approval letter and yes I submitted a letter from my employer mentioning UK absences.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:43 pm

thanks Stokbrig

I have been on Tier 1 since I entered the UK so I guess I don't have show any documentation for - ''For the period before I was granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant''

Isn't it?

------------------------------
leicester_boy,
For the period before I was granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, I submitted HSMP approval letter and yes I submitted a letter from my employer mentioning UK absences.[/quote]

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Good news pal. Enjoy your ILR.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:25 pm

leicester_boy wrote:thanks Stokbrig

I have been on Tier 1 since I entered the UK so I guess I don't have show any documentation for - ''For the period before I was granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant''

Isn't it?

I think so too.

------------------------------
leicester_boy,
For the period before I was granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, I submitted HSMP approval letter and yes I submitted a letter from my employer mentioning UK absences.
[/quote]

dminus
Newly Registered

Post by dminus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 pm

So, in in Glasgow, they actually take your payment without looking at your documents first?

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 pm

dminus wrote:So, in in Glasgow, they actually take your payment without looking at your documents first?
Yep!

dminus
Newly Registered

Post by dminus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 pm

[quote="stokbrig"][quote="dminus"]So, in in Glasgow, they actually take your payment without looking at your documents first?[/quote]

Yep![/quote]

Strange. This is very different from what I hear from a solicitor who operates there. Do you know any specific examples of someone being rejected and the settlement fees still taken away? Any posted experience?