ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yash33
Newly Registered

SET (O)Applicationsq

Post by Yash33 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Suzuka...i can see from sky drives that your application has been completed as well...Congratulations...

Did you receive docs today?

Please kindly update us.

suzuka23

Re: SET (O)Applicationsq

Post by suzuka23 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Yash33 wrote:Suzuka...i can see from sky drives that your application has been completed as well...Congratulations...

Please kindly update us.

NOT AL ALL!!!!! I don't know who updated my timeline.... STILL NO NEWS!!!!

Yash33
Newly Registered

Post by Yash33 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:01 pm

OK. No worries...I see it has been changed to pending again...lets soldier on together...we are all in it together!!!

[quote="suzuka23"][quote="Yash33"]Suzuka...i can see from sky drives that your application has been completed as well...Congratulations...

Please kindly update us.

NOT AL ALL!!!!! I don't know who updated my timeline.... STILL NO NEWS!!!![/quote]

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Yash33 wrote:OK. No worries...I see it has been changed to pending again...lets soldier on together...we are all in it together!!!

suzuka23 wrote:
Yash33 wrote:Suzuka...i can see from sky drives that your application has been completed as well...Congratulations...

Please kindly update us.

NOT AL ALL!!!!! I don't know who updated my timeline.... STILL NO NEWS!!!!

Yes I have just changed it back to Pending! Yes, you are not alone! :)

raul4in
Newly Registered

ILR granted

Post by raul4in » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Application : SET (O) 10 year long residence
Application sent: 4 oct 2012
Application Received: 5 oct 2012
Brp received 27/06/13
Pp& docs received 28/06/13
Thank you all

Yash33
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted

Post by Yash33 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Congratulations Raul4in...

It took a long time but well deserved...

Did you have any issues or was your application straigh forward? Please kindly share if possible..

[quote="raul4in"]Application : SET (O) 10 year long residence
Brp received 27/06/13
Thank you all[/quote]

Style13
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted

Post by Style13 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:45 am

raul4in wrote:Application : SET (O) 10 year long residence
Brp received 27/06/13
Thank you all
Congratulation Raul4in

muqeet550
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by muqeet550 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi ,

I got a question that is so much confusing , it seems no one is clear .

I got my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency and now I have to apply for my wife visa on FLR(M) . She came to UK in July 2006 as student dependent visa , in July 2008 switched to PSW dependent visa point based system and in July 2010 switched to Tier 1 General dependent visa and she is still on same visa that will expire on Dec. 2015 .

My question is that under what rules she will apply for visa , new rules or old rules . Coz some solicitors said she needs to apply under new rules and some said old rules . I am totally confused what to do
Need help

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

old rule

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am

She need to apply on old rules because your dependent bf July 2012. Regards

smshad

£ 100.00 booking fee for same day applications.

Post by smshad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:05 am

Hi,

I am going to book ILR SET (M) for my wife and noticed something new which I was not aware of.

UKBA is now asking for £100 booking fee to be paid after making an appointment. Postal fee is £1051 and in person application fee is £1426.

My question is that if this £100.00 will be adjusted from the fee or is this a booking fee is in addition to the original fee?

I could not find this fact on UKBA site instead they are using term booking fee.

Those who have recent in person experience, please advise.

Thanks.
Shad.

Soban

ILR 10 years

Post by Soban » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:49 am

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. It would be deeply appreciated if any one you guys can help me answer the questions I have.

I'll be applying for ILR next month under the 10 year long residency route. I have couple of questions about 'gap in lawful residency'

I came to the uk in 2003 as a student and extended by leaves to remain for the next 8 years. After that I gained a PSW for 2 years. During these years I have had 3 occasions when I have made 'out of time applications'.

On two on those occasions I had overstayed by 5 days and as I applied for extension in person, I was granted the visas on the same day of application.

On the third occasion, in 2007, I made an 'in time application' but my documents were returned to me in 2 weeks due to the UKBA being unable to debit my account for the necessary application fees. Along with the documents they sent me a letter stating that I need to make the necessary payments, etc and enclosed a return envelope marked 'immediate'.

By this time my visa had expired and when I did resend it by post I had overstayed by 17 days. Unfortunately, I can't remember the contents of the letter they sent so therefore I don't know if they classified the application as invalid. Only Thing I remember is that they didnt refuse the application.

Can anyone please tell me how this will have effect my ILR application?
Again, any advice will be deeply appreciated

smshad

Re: Dependent Visa

Post by smshad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi,

Your wife can apply on FLR (M) under the old rule because she was present in the UK before 09th July 2012 on Tier -1 dependant visa. It is very clearly mentioned in the document below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf

See above document: STATEMENT OF INTENT: FAMILY MIGRATION
APPLICATION OF THE NEW RULES: 23 on page8
Financial requirement: 75 on page 16
132. Transitional arrangements: Page 34

Don’t go to solicitors, one of the Solicitors advised my friend’s wife that she did not require English Language certificate and that Life in the UK test is enough which is wrong and her visa get rejected.

Your wife will also require fulfilling English language requirement. I would suggest that you read rules yourself and take guidance from this forum.

I did the same and my wife's FLR(M) got approved after a month of my ILR on 10 years category. Soon after getting FLR(M), she will be able to apply ILR as well.

Hope this helps.

Shad.
muqeet550 wrote:Hi ,

I got my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency and now I have to apply for my wife visa on FLR(M) . She came to UK in July 2006 as student dependent visa , in July 2008 switched to PSW dependent visa point based system and in July 2010 switched to Tier 1 General dependent visa and she is still on same visa that will expire on Dec. 2015 .

My question is that under what rules she will apply for visa , new rules or old rules . Coz some solicitors said she needs to apply under new rules and some said old rules . I am totally confused what to do
Need help

Graceofgod

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by Graceofgod » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Soban wrote:Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. It would be deeply appreciated if any one you guys can help me answer the questions I have.

I'll be applying for ILR next month under the 10 year long residency route. I have couple of questions about 'gap in lawful residency'

I came to the uk in 2003 as a student and extended by leaves to remain for the next 8 years. After that I gained a PSW for 2 years. During these years I have had 3 occasions when I have made 'out of time applications'.

On two on those occasions I had overstayed by 5 days and as I applied for extension in person, I was granted the visas on the same day of application.

On the third occasion, in 2007, I made an 'in time application' but my documents were returned to me in 2 weeks due to the UKBA being unable to debit my account for the necessary application fees. Along with the documents they sent me a letter stating that I need to make the necessary payments, etc and enclosed a return envelope marked 'immediate'.

By this time my visa had expired and when I did resend it by post I had overstayed by 17 days. Unfortunately, I can't remember the contents of the letter they sent so therefore I don't know if they classified the application as invalid. Only Thing I remember is that they didnt refuse the application.

Hi,
looking at the information provided, I would suggest you to make an SAR (Subject Access Request) so that it would be easier for you draft a covering letter or prepare documents to support your application.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Graceofgod wrote:

Hi,
looking at the information provided, I would suggest you to make an SAR (Subject Access Request) so that it would be easier for you draft a covering letter or prepare documents to support your application.

Thank you for your reply. I have put in a SAR. Can you please tell me if you are aware of how the UKBA deals with such cases?
--

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Soban wrote:
Graceofgod wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have put in a SAR. Can you please tell me if you are aware of how the UKBA deals with such cases?
UKBA seems to be very strict in dealing with the applications with the visa gaps. one off gap of no more than 28 days will be allowed under the new rules in place. Having said that certain cases can be argued specially on occasions where the gaps are created due to faults of UKBA.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi i came to uk 2003 as well and i have recently applied for my ILR . After reading everything about you .I can confirm you you will be fine . one advice just check ur application by a solicitor before you send .it will cost you only 50/60 pound .Your gap is minor . i have done research for 3 month before i send my documents . So i know what i am talking about . Relax you will be fine .

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:20 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:

Hi i came to uk 2003 as well and i have recently applied for my ILR . After reading everything about you .I can confirm you you will be fine . one advice just check ur application by a solicitor before you send .it will cost you only 50/60 pound .Your gap is minor . i have done research for 3 month before i send my documents . So i know what i am talking about . Relax you will be fine .
Thank you jony for your comforting words. Hope your application turns out to be successful too.

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:36 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,

Your wife can apply on FLR (M) under the old rule because she was present in the UK before 09th July 2012 on Tier -1 dependant visa. It is very clearly mentioned in the document below.

Don’t go to solicitors, one of the Solicitors advised my friend’s wife that she did not require English Language certificate and that Life in the UK test is enough which is wrong and her visa get rejected.

Your wife will also require fulfilling English language requirement. I would suggest that you read rules yourself and take guidance from this forum.

I did the same and my wife's FLR(M) got approved after a month of my ILR on 10 years category. Soon after getting FLR(M), she will be able to apply ILR as well.

Hope this helps.

Shad.

Need help
Correct me if iam wrong I think you don't need to fulfil English language for FLR (M). For set(m) you need it as it clearly says in page8 -23

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:41 pm

shaik719 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Shad.

Need help
Correct me if iam wrong I think you don't need to fulfil English language for FLR (M). For set(m) you need it as it clearly says in page8 -23
That too if you are applying after 28th oct 2013 then you need B1 or more level is required(English language requirement ) b4 that life in uk test is fine

smshad

Post by smshad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi,

English language requirement is must if some one is applying on FLR(M).
Please refer to FLR(M) application form page 29 SECTION 8 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT.

I followed the FLR(M) requirement and my wife's visa got approved and my friend followed Solicitor's advise not to submit English test and his wife's visa was rejected on the same ground.

Current SET(M) does not have requirement of English language test. It requires Life in the UK test or if someone's English is not good enough to pass the LIUK test then ESOL with citizenship qualification from approved body. Refer to page 14 of SET(M) form. SECTION 5 - KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Shad.

shaik719 wrote:
shaik719 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Shad.

Need help
That too if you are applying after 28th oct 2013 then you need B1 or more level is required(English language requirement ) b4 that life in uk test is fine

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Please refer to FLR(M) application form page 29 SECTION 8 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT.

I followed the FLR(M) requirement and my wife's visa got approved and my friend followed Solicitor's advise not to submit English test and his wife's visa was rejected on the same ground.

Current SET(M) does not have requirement of English language test. It requires Life in the UK test or if someone's English is not good enough to pass the LIUK test then ESOL with citizenship qualification from approved body. Refer to page 14 of SET(M) form. SECTION 5 - KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Shad.

shaik719 wrote:
shaik719 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Shad.
Thanks bro to clarify. This is simple mistake most of us make. Hope it helps whoever going for flr(m)

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Shad.

shaik719 wrote:
shaik719 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Shad.
Dear smshad
If a dependent passed life in uk test will qualify for the English language requirements or she has to do other exams to prove her English language. Please advice

smshad

Post by smshad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,

Life in the UK test does not fulfil the requirement of English Language. English test is required or could be exempted if one has approved degree taught in English.

If you follow FLR(M) Section 8 step by step you will find how English language requirement could be met and you will not find LIUK test there.

Easiest test is Trinity college you may already know
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2094

If you want to know more details then please refer to FLR(M) guide page 6 and follow this link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

Hope this helps.

Shad.
Hi,

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Shad.
shaik719

Dear smshad
If a dependent passed life in uk test will qualify for the English language requirements or she has to do other exams to prove her English language. Please advice

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:10 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:

You can apply SAR and better to read note against your immigration file.

Soban

Post by Soban » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:11 pm

amjadleeds wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:

You can apply SAR and better to read note against your immigration file.
Thank you for your input. Appreciated
--