ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary slips, Last year tax code

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:32 am

Hi,

I'm going to my PEO next week for ILR (HSMP+Tier1 G), the problem i found out is that my may and june 2013 salary slips are different than the amount im paid in my bank account and it happened because new tax year started with the new tax code in April 2013.

Is this going to be an issue since my employer forgot to change the standing order and paid me the same amount according to last year's tax code and our company's accountant calculated and issued salary slips according to new tax code

Thanks in advance,
Aqeel

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Anyone please?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Salary slips, Last year tax code

Post by pgaitonde » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Aqeel wrote:Anyone please?
Get a letter from the employer stating the difference and explain the situation in detail. Remember the letter should be on the companies letter head and sign and stamped.

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
Get a letter from the employer stating the difference and explain the situation in detail. Remember the letter should be on the companies letter head and sign and stamped.
But I'm bit confused if the case worker couldnt really understand and made this a reason for refusal I will be devastated, my employer said to me he would tell accountant to issue me salary slips adjusted with salary coming in to my account. Do you think its a better way to handle this? Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Aqeel wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
But I'm bit confused if the case worker couldnt really understand and made this a reason for refusal I will be devastated, my employer said to me he would tell accountant to issue me salary slips adjusted with salary coming in to my account. Do you think its a better way to handle this? Thanks
Whether the Accountant could do this now,you need to check .From April'13 it is a new system called RTI( Real Time Information,is in operation..You cannot issue new payslips.Or else whether the Accountant could Pay all the underpayments with your July salary. This should be clearly shown in the July payslip. please check with HMRC.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Aqeel

Kevin

Post by Aqeel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Kevin, well I'm paid weekly wages , so in total I have 7 wrong salary slips , now I can ask my employer to issue me a letter plus cheque for arrears/underpayments, will that work fine? Or should it be shown now in my bank account? Thanks

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 am

Aqeel wrote:Hi,

I'm going to my PEO next week for ILR (HSMP+Tier1 G), the problem i found out is that my may and june 2013 salary slips are different than the amount im paid in my bank account and it happened because new tax year started with the new tax code in April 2013.

Is this going to be an issue since my employer forgot to change the standing order and paid me the same amount according to last year's tax code and our company's accountant calculated and issued salary slips according to new tax code

Thanks in advance,
Aqeel
New tax year with new tax code is not unusual, but why this error occurred to you in the first place? If the change widely affect many people, then it is easy to explain. Did it happen last year when the tax code changed then ?

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:27 am

ldbright wrote:
Aqeel wrote: New tax year with new tax code is not unusual, but why this error occurred to you in the first place? If the change widely affect many people, then it is easy to explain. Did it happen last year when the tax code changed then ?
It happened only because I do fixed hours and my employer set up a standing order and pay me a fixed amount, secondly tax is being paid according to the new tax code (2013-2014) and salary slips shows the same ,however, salary coming into my account is according to the last year's tax code (2012-2013), so I've been under paid for about 7 weeks and amount is £56 in total, I couldn't really comprehend what Kevin said/advised, so still wondering should I take a letter from employer with a cheque or he should pay the arrears/underpayments from company's account to my account and mentioned it in letter?
Last edited by Aqeel on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Kevin

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Aqeel wrote:Kevin, well I'm paid weekly wages , so in total I have 7 wrong salary slips , now I can ask my employer to issue me a letter plus cheque for arrears/underpayments, will that work fine? Or should it be shown now in my bank account? Thanks
Any payment by your employer into your bank account,must be shown on the payslips and NI,PAYE must be paid on that, to HMRC.The new system from April has to be followed very strictly. Regarding the arrears/underpayments you have to ask your Accountant,how best to show them. Employer issuing a letter detailing this is fine.And also the the payment as well,into Bank Account if to be taken into account for your ILR proof.
KEVIN

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Aqeel wrote:Kevin, well I'm paid weekly wages , so in total I have 7 wrong salary slips , now I can ask my employer to issue me a letter plus cheque for arrears/underpayments, will that work fine? Or should it be shown now in my bank account? Thanks
Any payment by your employer into your bank account,must be shown on the payslips and NI,PAYE must be paid to HMRC.The new system from April has to be followed very strictly. Regarding the arrears/underpayments you have to ask your Accountant,how best to show them. Employer issuing a letter detailing this is fine.
Kevin, thanks for the response yes NI and PAYE is shown on the salary slips and been paid to HMRC aswell, however, the amount coming into my account is still according to the last year's tax code which is less than what I should be paid this year, my worry is that may and june salary slips do not corroborate with the amount coming into my bank account, so for that do you think taking a letter from employer and a cheque mentioning the under payments is fine and acceptable or should it be shown in my account?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Aqeel wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Any payment by your employer into your bank account,must be shown on the payslips and NI,PAYE must be paid to HMRC.The new system from April has to be followed very strictly. Regarding the arrears/underpayments you have to ask your Accountant,how best to show them. Employer issuing a letter detailing this is fine.
Kevin, thanks for the response yes NI and PAYE is shown on the salary slips and been paid to HMRC aswell, however, the amount coming into my account is still according to the last year's tax code which is less than what I should be paid this year, my worry is that may and june salary slips do not corroborate with the amount coming into my bank account, so for that do you think taking a letter from employer and a cheque mentioning the under payments is fine and acceptable or should it be shown in my account?
Since NI and PAYE have been paid already then it's fine. First speak to your accountant and ask him, whether HMRC have to give their approval. because under the new system ,any payments to Employees have to be shown in the Employer's Payroll system. You getting a letter from Employer explaining every thing and a cheque for Under Payments is O.K.
KEVIN

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Aqeel wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Since NI and PAYE have been paid already then it's fine. First speak to your accountant and ask him, whether HMRC have to give their approval. because under the new system ,any payments to Employees have to be shown in the Employer's Payroll system. You getting a letter from Employer explaining every thing and a cheque for Under Payments is O.K.
What approval does accountant need to seek from hmrc? salary slips are absolutely fine and correct tax's also been paid, its just that employer did not change the standing order which he should have done in april 2013, and I've been paid less in total that is £57 in two months and I can get a letter of that with enclosed cheque, so i will be carrying 9 months correct salary slips and two months salary slips incorrect, Not to mention I'm on Tier 1 and I have to prove my earnings for ILR

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Aqeel wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Aqeel wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
What approval does accountant need to seek from hmrc? salary slips are absolutely fine and correct tax's also been paid, its just that employer did not change the standing order which he should have done in april 2013, and I've been paid less in total that is £57 in two months and I can get a letter of that with enclosed cheque, so i will be carrying 9 months correct salary slips and two months salary slips incorrect, Not to mention I'm on Tier 1 and I have to prove my earnings for ILR
I was under the impression that new salary slips are going to be generated. Agree with you. Get a cheque for £ 57 and the letter from your Employer explaining the underpayment. Keep a photcopy of the cheque.Also get your Bank statement after this cheque has been credited to your Bank Account.
KEVIN

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:54 am

I literally rescheduled my PEO to get everything in order and to my surprise when I was trying to make a payment for new appointment the girl on the phone said you didnt need to pay fee again for this appointment it would be transferred from my previous appointment to the new one, I was rescheduling it just 4 days before my previous appointment. confused :?