ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shairee_mashriq

Discretionary Leave to Remain Extention

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Hello....................Friends.......
This forum is gone bit messy... We need to focus the common things among all of us...end of the day discretionary leave and each individual circumstances are different. Therefore discussing them will lead this forum no where....

So keeping focused.................

Application : DL Extension of discretionary leave as the previous leave was granted on refusal of asylum.

Previous Leave : 3 years.
Previous Leave expiring: mid Feb 2013.

Application made on 19th Jan 2013
Acknowledgement Letter : 12th Feb 2013
Biometric Invitation ..... Waiting....
BRP Card.....................Waiting

My application is being dealt in my local active review team, I was wondering its nearly 6 months since I made my application and I have not even received Biometric invitation letter.

Can I do something to chase them, the guide says my application will be dealt as soon as possible... But I don't know what is as soon as possible in UKBA definition.

Anybody with DL applications Discretionary Leave please write your time line.[/size]

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 am

GLH2012 wrote:
maud32 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
maud32 wrote:Application sent:21/06/13
Acknowledgment: 24/06/13
Biometrics request:25/06/13
Biometrics to be done
Results of application waiting
Wow! That was a fast response for biometrics request. What kind of payment did you use if you don't mind my asking?

I put my bank details on the form dear.
Well cool, that's what I intend to do. Am going to apply on the basis of a child. Can you tell me how you got past the English language requirement, is it compulsory to have the test done? Please help! Thanks in advance.
I did IELTS and scored 7.5

maud32
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary Leave to Remain Extention

Post by maud32 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 am

[quote="shairee_mashriq"]Hello....................Friends.......
This forum is gone bit messy... We need to focus the common things among all of us...end of the day discretionary leave and each individual circumstances are different. Therefore discussing them will lead this forum no where....

Application : DL Extension of discretionary leave as the previous leave was granted on refusal of asylum.

My application is being dealt in my local active review team, I was wondering its nearly 6 months since I made my application and I have not even received Biometric invitation letter.

Can I do something to chase them, the guide says my application will be dealt as soon as possible... But I don't know what is as soon as possible in UKBA definition.

Anybody with DL applications Discretionary Leave please write your time line.[/size][/quot

That's mine GLH2012 wrote:
maud32 wrote:
Application sent:21/06/13
Biometrics to be done

Wow! That was a fast response for biometrics request. What kind of payment did you use if you don't mind my asking?

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 am

maud32 wrote:
shairee_mashriq wrote:Hello....................Friends.......

Anybody with DL applications Discretionary Leave please write your time line.[/size][/quot

That's mine GLH2012 wrote:
maud32 wrote:
Application sent:21/06/13
Biometrics to be done

If you were given DL TO REMAIN after asylum refusal and you filled FLR (0) u filled the wrong form to extend your stay. Hope you didn't use this form

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by grenadagirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 am

Timeline

Sent application...5th July 2012
Acknowledgement letter. 10th July
Biometric done 16th January 2013
Still waiting for a response.

Been waiting for a yr with forn flr o...is anyone else waiting this long?

babycakes

Re: waiting times

Post by babycakes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:26 am

grenadagirl wrote:Timeline

Sent application...5th July 2012
Acknowledgement letter. 10th July
Biometric done 16th January 2013
Still waiting for a response.

Been waiting for a yr with forn flr o...is anyone else waiting this long?
I waited for 14 months.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 am

Anybody with DL applications Discretionary Leave please write your time line.[/size]
I have to disagree, sharing timeline won't provide much support and will throw up further questions. I think the forum is doing well to support each other and should keep it up.As a lot of members find comfort on here don't forget this is a support network, as long as we are on the topic of flro we are cool.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:51 am

babycakes wrote:

I have to disagree, sharing timeline won't provide much support and will throw up further questions. I think the forum is doing well to support each other and should keep it up.As a lot of members find comfort on here don't forget this is a support network, as long as we are on the topic of flro we are cool.
Plus 1
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 am

I must say this thread is one of the best on this forum, anyway 9 months since I'm waiting on my extension and 4 months since I have done my bio. I hope this month of july bring good news and homeoffice shall release us all in jesus name. Amen

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 am

sanny26 wrote:I must say this thread is one of the best on this forum, anyway 9 months since I'm waiting on my extension and 4 months since I have done my bio. I hope this month of july bring good news and homeoffice shall release us all in jesus name. Amen
@Sanny If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your first DLR (FLR) application?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:27 am

verbina wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I must say this thread is one of the best on this forum, anyway 9 months since I'm waiting on my extension and 4 months since I have done my bio. I hope this month of july bring good news and homeoffice shall release us all in jesus name. Amen
@Sanny If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your first DLR (FLR) application?
3 year they took and I did have to threaten them with court action in order to get a decision. But I think now they are quicker in deciding fresh applications.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 am

sanny26 wrote:
verbina wrote:
3 year they took and I did have to threaten them with court action in order to get a decision. But I think now they are quicker in deciding fresh applications.
OMG I didn't tink its humanly possible! I got the impression that it often takes longer for extension then first time application! But 3 years its insane!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 am

Hello all I am new in the forum:
My time line is :
application submitted: 27th September 2012
acknowledgement: 10th October 2012
biometric done: 21st Feb 2013
Decision waiting:

Applied under 7 year child rules, my daughter is 9 years and 9 months old, born here in uk, we been here 15 years, came as a student, student visa refused after 8 years in student, now living in a limbo.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:27 am

HAPPY NEW MONTH GUYS. I am so excited about this month because i know this is our month of new beginnings. Those of us that have been waiting since the YEAR 2012. SUMMER IS HERE. I Just want to encourage you all to have FAITH AND BELIEVE WE ARE AT THE END OF OUR WAITING. GREAT NEWS THIS THIS WEEK AND THE REST OF THE SUMMER. WHOOP WHOOP. HAVE A LOVELY DAY GUYS.
Godgives

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 am

Does anyone grant under this 7 year child rules? Please share your story.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 am

GodGives wrote:HAPPY NEW MONTH GUYS. I am so excited about this month because i know this is our month of new beginnings. Those of us that have been waiting since the YEAR 2012. SUMMER IS HERE. I Just want to encourage you all to have FAITH AND BELIEVE WE ARE AT THE END OF OUR WAITING. GREAT NEWS THIS THIS WEEK AND THE REST OF THE SUMMER. WHOOP WHOOP. HAVE A LOVELY DAY GUYS.

Same here I felt excited about this month let's hope we start receiveing visa by this week

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello all I am new in the forum:
My time line is :
application submitted: 27th September 2012
acknowledgement: 10th October 2012
biometric done: 21st Feb 2013
Decision waiting:

Applied under 7 year child rules, my daughter is 9 years and 9 months old, born here in uk, we been here 15 years, came as a student, student visa refused after 8 years in student, now living in a limbo.
Welcome to the forum babe! Just hang in there luv, we are all pretty much in the same shoes... :( It sucks that whilst us grown-ups are stuck in a limbo, little kiddies are also suffering from all this waiting. Fingers crossed UKBA get their skates on this month!!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 am

GodGives wrote:HAPPY NEW MONTH GUYS. I am so excited about this month because i know this is our month of new beginnings. Those of us that have been waiting since the YEAR 2012. SUMMER IS HERE. I Just want to encourage you all to have FAITH AND BELIEVE WE ARE AT THE END OF OUR WAITING. GREAT NEWS THIS THIS WEEK AND THE REST OF THE SUMMER. WHOOP WHOOP. HAVE A LOVELY DAY GUYS.
@ GODGIVES Ha ha you read mind mind!! Was just thinking the same! Yaaaaa!! At last its July!!! Roll on the end of the summer!!! WHOOP WHOOP WE SHALL ALL BE FREE SOOON!!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks verbena for you kind response.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 am

Re cap of my timeline.

Application type- FLR(O) extension previously granted Discretionary leave to remain back in oct 2009

I first applied for my extension back in september 10 2012, within a week I received acknowledgement letter but no payment was taken, I thought that was weird because normally they take payment before u receive acknowledgement letter, at that time I was using a solicitor so I thought let me rang her and told her its been 2 weeks since my application and payment hasn't been taken from my account she states I should wait,but something in my mind told me not to. My leave was about to expire on the 11 october 2012. On the 1st october 2012 I rang ukba and states that I want to request return of documents,the lady instantly told me that my application is invalid because of payment issue, I ask her to return them to me she told me that it took 20 working days for it to return I was worried because my leave expire on the 11th october 2012 so I went on a 3 day fasting and I prayed on the 4th october 2012 I was on my way to church for a prayer service when my solicitor rang and states my document as arrived I picked it up the same day and on the 5th october I fill out the form myself and send it off, so I'm hoping for a breakthrough this week with GOD by my side. Reason why I didn't used back the solicitor is because with the invalid application I used legal aid but for the second application she states I couldn't used legal aid again,which in my eyes she got paid from legal aid but she didn't really do any work for me because application came back invalid, and she wants to charge me and at the time I didn't have the money,but I did have a copy of the first application she filled out so I copy everything she wrote on the first application on to the fresh application and send it off by myself

Date application sent- 5th october 2012
Date received bt ukba- 8th october 2012
Date payment taken -23rd october 2012
Method of payment- Debit card
Date of acknowledgement- 26th october 2012(dated 23rd october 2012)
Date received biometric enrolment letter- 25th february 2013(dated 21st february 2013)
Date of biometric enrolment - 1st march 2013
Date received documents - hoping to receive it this week or before this month to finish.lol

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:01 am

sanny26 wrote:Re cap of my timeline.

Application type- FLR(O) extension previously granted Discretionary leave to remain back in oct 2009

I first applied for my extension back in september 10 2012, within a week I received acknowledgement letter but no payment was taken, I thought that was weird because normally they take payment before u receive acknowledgement letter, at that time I was using a solicitor so I thought let me rang her and told her its been 2 weeks since my application and payment hasn't been taken from my account she states I should wait,but something in my mind told me not to. My leave was about to expire on the 11 october 2012. On the 1st october 2012 I rang ukba and states that I want to request return of documents,the lady instantly told me that my application is invalid because of payment issue, I ask her to return them to me she told me that it took 20 working days for it to return I was worried because my leave expire on the 11th october 2012 so I went on a 3 day fasting and I prayed on the 4th october 2012 I was on my way to church for a prayer service when my solicitor rang and states my document as arrived I picked it up the same day and on the 5th october I fill out the form myself and send it off, so I'm hoping for a breakthrough this week with GOD by my side. Reason why I didn't used back the solicitor is because with the invalid application I used legal aid but for the second application she states I couldn't used legal aid again,which in my eyes she got paid from legal aid but she didn't really do any work for me because application came back invalid, and she wants to charge me and at the time I didn't have the money,but I did have a copy of the first application she filled out so I copy everything she wrote on the first application on to the fresh application and send it off by myself

Date application sent- 5th october 2012
Date received bt ukba- 8th october 2012
Date payment taken -23rd october 2012
Method of payment- Debit card
Date of acknowledgement- 26th october 2012(dated 23rd october 2012)
Date received biometric enrolment letter- 25th february 2013(dated 21st february 2013)
Date of biometric enrolment - 1st march 2013
Date received documents - hoping to receive it this week or before this month to finish.lol
I hope so too. babycakes waited 14months for her extention and she is finally free. Dont loose hope
Godgives

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 am

Sometimes my mind even played tricks on me because on the 1st march my 1 year old daughter biometric didn't capture properly they resend me a letter and I went to re do hers again on the 8th march but because ukba taking so long to complete application I even went as far as emailing the biometric section the other day just to make sure that they received my daughter biometric successfully and they replied and states it was a success. Smh that's what ukba do to u makes u think all sorts of things lol

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 am

hi sanny26 you will be fine its a matter of time. Of course it takes long, but its not your fresh application, only extension. Our fresh application is in the dark corner of home office. Good luck, god bless

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:48 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi sanny26 you will be fine its a matter of time. Of course it takes long, but its not your fresh application, only extension. Our fresh application is in the dark corner of home office. Good luck, god bless

Hun how long u been waiting for?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:49 am

9 month