ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:39 pm

bagaja wrote:Hi guys..
Can you plz advice me my 5 year residence card is expiring soon but my wife is not working since 2010 and stay at home as a house wife .but she has got permanent residence by working here 5 year from 2003 til 2009.
Can I eligible for permanent residency as my wife did,t work in the last three year.
any advice please let me know...

Thanks to you all...
Yes. Once a PR is obtained, there is no need to exercise treaty rights any more. PR is only lost is you leave the UK for more than 2 years.

Have she got a PR Confirmation card (following a EEA3 application)?

bagaja
Newly Registered

Post by bagaja » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Jambo wrote:
Can you plz advice me my 5 year residence card is expiring soon but my wife is not working since 2010 and stay at home as a house wife .but she has got permanent residence by working here 5 year from 2003 til 2009.
Can I eligible for permanent residency as my wife did,t work in the last three year.

Thanks to you all...
Yes. Once a PR is obtained, there is no need to exercise treaty rights any more. PR is only lost is you leave the UK for more than 2 years.

Have she got a PR Confirmation card (following a EEA3 application)?[/quote

Hi Sir, my wife has got all the p60 p45 and some payslips from 2003 until 2009 and the rule say if she is working for 5 year then automatically she got PR no need for confirmation. and when we applied for our two year old baby british passport then they ask her work history from the last 5 year we send them and they accept it and issued british passport.

In my case one solicitor said i am not eligible as my wife did,t work .but if she has PR automatically then Can I apply....?
Please advice me on this.....?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 pm

bagaja wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Thanks to you all...

Have she got a PR Confirmation card (following a EEA3 application)?[/quote

Hi Sir, my wife has got all the p60 p45 and some payslips from 2003 until 2009 and the rule say if she is working for 5 year then automatically she got PR no need for confirmation. and when we applied for our two year old baby british passport then they ask her work history from the last 5 year we send them and they accept it and issued british passport.

In my case one solicitor said i am not eligible as my wife did,t work .but if she has PR automatically then Can I apply....?
Please advice me on this.....?
Thanks
You are correct. If she has proof for those years and didn't leave the UK for more than 2 years since, your application should be successful. It is just easier with a PR confirmation (but it is not required).

I don't believe there is a need to use a solicitor for the application.

amigovio
Newly Registered

Finally... PRs!

Post by amigovio » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Good news! Today I went to my local post office to collect our PRs!!!

This is our timeline: Non-EEA (me) & EEA (wife)

EEA 3 & 4 Applications sent: 26/10/2012
EEA 3 & 4 Applications received: 29/10/2012
EEA 3 & 4 Applications date: 25/10/2012
COA received: 19/11/2012
COA date: 12/11/2012
PR date: 25/06/2013

Total time: 8 months!

I cannot be grateful enough to all the wonderful people that helped me to endure all these horrible 8 months. I must confess that reading this forum gave me hope! My wife and I can finally stop checking the Royal Mail track & trace website and best of all... We will be travelling as planned!

My advice to all who are still waiting is: Do Not Give Up!. Try every single thing there is, all emails, all relevant people, institutions, etc. Even if others say that it didn't work or bounced back, etc. I even threatened with compensation. Another advice is to remind the UKBA that the 6 months period is coming up and you will need your passports for urgent reasons. You might also start sending RODs.

I also wanted to tell you that this is a new PR vignette design. Certainly different to my RC (which they stamped cancelled btw). The design and colours are similar. I was expecting the old PR design found on Google. The PR vignette for the EEA national is also the new design but placed in the old blue card.

If it helps... these are the emails I emailed the most (all found in this forum):

- UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
- Liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
- UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Obviously you must seek help from your MP and copy them into every email. Your MP can call and write letters on your behalf. Even if this doesn't seem to help in the beginning, don't lose hope! it all adds up in the end because you will have more evidence.

Last but not least, ask God for help! Even if you are not religious... PRAY! Praying will make your waiting time more bearable and having the conviction that God is on your side will give you inspiration and confidence for writing emails. Even when we thought we wouldn't get our passports on time or that they would be refused, we had that little hope that everything will be OK.

Remember: "Do not be afraid, for I am always with YOU" (Isaiah 41:10).

That's all! Enjoy your weekend amigos! 8)

Tyro

Got the passport back

Post by Tyro » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Here is my timeline.

Applied EEA4 13th May 2013
HO recieved 14th May 2013
Got Coa on 21st May 2013
Requested passport on 17th June 2013
Got it back on on 25th June 2013

Does anyone knows after you have requested your passport back, what HO do when the look at your application.

Thanks.

bagaja
Newly Registered

eea4...plz advice me...

Post by bagaja » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi guys,

Can you plz tell me how can i get my wife work history ,she worked from 2003 to 2008 we are missing couple of p60s,to prove that my wife has worked here for last 5 year.

Thanks

Babz
Member of Standing

Re: Got the passport back

Post by Babz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Tyro wrote:Here is my timeline.

Applied EEA4 13th May 2013
HO recieved 14th May 2013
Got Coa on 21st May 2013
Requested passport on 17th June 2013
Got it back on on 25th June 2013

Does anyone knows after you have requested your passport back, what HO do when the look at your application.

Thanks.
HO will make a copy of the passport data page before returning it...If it was the non-EEA passport that was requested back, the RC will then be issued on A4 paper

bagaja
Newly Registered

eea4 application applying...

Post by bagaja » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Post subject: eea4...plz advice me...
Hi guys,

Can you plz tell me how can i get my wife work history ,she worked from 2003 to 2008 we are missing couple of p60s,to prove that my wife has worked here for last 5 year.
want to apply for eea4....

Nira
Newly Registered

Re: eea4 application applying...

Post by Nira » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm

bagaja wrote:Post subject: eea4...plz advice me...
Hi guys,

want to apply for eea4....
You can request "Confirmation of National Insurance for UK citizenship, passport or residency purposes"

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compensation/

or statement of your National Insurance account http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/check-record.htm#5

bagaja
Newly Registered

Re: eea4 application applying...

Post by bagaja » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:28 am

Hi guys...
Can you plz advice me on this my eea4 application is refused saying that my eu spouse is not exercise her treaty right i did provide her 5 year work history ,but prior to that the home office did accept my spouse treaty right and issue my 2 year kid a british passport. but for my PR they are not accepting it...

Thank...

Tyro

Passport received back

Post by Tyro » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Everyone, my timeline is

EEA4 sent on 13/05/2013
COA received 25/05/2013
My Passport and wife's passport requested on 17/06/2013
Passports received back on 26/06/2013

Has anyone got experience if it has taken long to get a decision after you have requested your passport back.

Also we requested my wife's PR back in order to register our new born baby as British citizen, but HO didn't send her PR document back.
Will we have to make a new request, is there any email address to contact EEA team .

Thanks

dhruv2325
Newly Registered

PR RECEIVED

Post by dhruv2325 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello i want to update on my application
EEA4 applied on 14/04/13
Confirmation received 28/04/13
PR Received 05/06/13

Best of luck those waiting for their Pr

slough_Boy

Re: PR RECEIVED

Post by slough_Boy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:35 am

dhruv2325 wrote:Hello i want to update on my application
EEA4 applied on 14/04/13
Confirmation received 28/04/13
PR Received 05/06/13

Best of luck those waiting for their Pr

congratulations.

Could you please tell us, which documents did u send with ur application?

tnx

isabela

hi

Post by isabela » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:06 pm

hi everyone i need some help please?i have nearly 5 months applyed for pr using eea4 form,i have retained my right 2011 and HO issued me another 5 years visa ,so i have applyed for pr i have 7 years living and working in uk,i have phone them few times but they saying that they are still within ther time (6 months)whats going on why they make it so hard?Is any one with a similar story please hel cos i am really stressed out :( :(

mezoued
Newly Registered

eea4

Post by mezoued » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:11 am

Hi all, i have applied for pr using eea4 form earlier this year .Its just over 6 months now and did not hear anything yet.anyone please give me their experiences with contacting via emails and phone numbers the HO .
thanks for your help.

bagaja
Newly Registered

Re: eea4

Post by bagaja » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi guys...
Can you plz advice me on this my eea4 application is refused saying that my eu spouse is not exercise her treaty right i did provide her 5 year work history ,but prior to that the home office did accept my spouse treaty right and issue my 2 year kid a british passport. but for my PR they are not accepting it...

Thank...

mrbaseball
Newly Registered

EEA4 denied

Post by mrbaseball » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:05 am

So I finally got my decision from the Home Office, only took 8 1/2 months for them to make a decision and to have the deny my application for because she did not hold comprehensive sickness insurance in the UK. They also were not happy we didn't provide the P60 for both my wife and myself for the past 5 years to prove we were living here.

It looks like the are looking for excuses to deny applications. As an EU citizen, my wife was never required to have sickness insurance while living in the UK. Also we are pissed as the Home Office only asked for the current P60 for my wife and not every P60 for the past 5 years for both of us.

But what really pisses me off about this is the letter I received is dated 30 April. The next letter that has my date of service is dated on the 18 June and I didn't receive my letter until the 15 July. So I guess it now takes a month and a half to find a mail box to send decisions.

So now I have 10 days to get my appeal in. Debating is it worth it to go see a lawyer or not. Anyone else had any luck with a lawyer and their appeal? I think its just a way for them to make an extra £80 on the appeal process. I love the deadline. They have no problems being 2 1/2 month late to make my decision, but i get 10 working days to make my appeal.

Non-EU Family Member of a Swedish National
Applied for EEA4 28 Oct.
Application received 29 Oct.
CoA received dated 6 Nov.
Passport request 19 Mar
MP contacted and enquires to made by his office 19 Mar
MP replied - HO stated they are still within their 6 months time frame to process visa.
Passports requested again 8 April
MP contacted about UKBA not returning passports in 10 working days
Passport received 12 April with letter dated 9 April
Decision on my application (denied) 18 June
Date of letter that had my decision 30 April
Date of when I received my decision letter 15 July
Appeal of decision - will update

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA4 denied

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 am

mrbaseball wrote:So I finally got my decision from the Home Office, only took 8 1/2 months for them to make a decision and to have the deny my application for because she did not hold comprehensive sickness insurance in the UK. They also were not happy we didn't provide the P60 for both my wife and myself for the past 5 years to prove we were living here.

It looks like the are looking for excuses to deny applications. As an EU citizen, my wife was never required to have sickness insurance while living in the UK. Also we are pissed as the Home Office only asked for the current P60 for my wife and not every P60 for the past 5 years for both of us.

But what really pisses me off about this is the letter I received is dated 30 April. The next letter that has my date of service is dated on the 18 June and I didn't receive my letter until the 15 July. So I guess it now takes a month and a half to find a mail box to send decisions.

So now I have 10 days to get my appeal in. Debating is it worth it to go see a lawyer or not. Anyone else had any luck with a lawyer and their appeal? I think its just a way for them to make an extra £80 on the appeal process. I love the deadline. They have no problems being 2 1/2 month late to make my decision, but i get 10 working days to make my appeal.

Non-EU Family Member of a Swedish National
Applied for EEA4 28 Oct.
Application received 29 Oct.
CoA received dated 6 Nov.
Passport request 19 Mar
MP contacted and enquires to made by his office 19 Mar
MP replied - HO stated they are still within their 6 months time frame to process visa.
Passports requested again 8 April
MP contacted about UKBA not returning passports in 10 working days
Passport received 12 April with letter dated 9 April
Decision on my application (denied) 18 June
Date of letter that had my decision 30 April
Date of when I received my decision letter 15 July
Appeal of decision - will update
On what basis was your wife exercising treaty rights in the UK?
Employment? - then evidence of the 5 years (letter from employer, P60s) is required.
Self-sufficient based on your employment? Then CSI (health insurance) is required. (This is not required by NHS but by the HO to consider the time for PR).

P60s for both of you is not always required but you will need to provide alternative proof of residence (such as utility bills).

mrbaseball
Newly Registered

EEA4 denied

Post by mrbaseball » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks for the response Jambo. She was working for 3 years, then went to uni to get her degree for 3 years and worked part time, and then has been working the past 4 years. We will be appealing, but we only sent the most recent P60's and bank statement along with her letter saying she had graduated from uni. Just a bit upset since its taken 8 1/2 months to get a decision, and if there was insufficient evidence, they could have asked us to send more info......

Hubba

Re: EEA4 denied

Post by Hubba » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am

mrbaseball wrote:Thanks for the response Jambo. She was working for 3 years, then went to uni to get her degree for 3 years and worked part time, and then has been working the past 4 years. We will be appealing, but we only sent the most recent P60's and bank statement along with her letter saying she had graduated from uni. Just a bit upset since its taken 8 1/2 months to get a decision, and if there was insufficient evidence, they could have asked us to send more info......
My guess would be that they classed your wife as if exercising Treaty Rights as student during the period she was at uni. That would require her to have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. Since you've mentioned she worked part-time during this period, she would be exercising Treaty Rights as worker, being CSI not required then.

Make it clear on your appeal that she was exercising her Treaty Rights as worker, and nothing else. Has she worked part time (or looked for work) during the entire period where she attended uni? If so, CSI is not required at all.

[/b]

mrbaseball
Newly Registered

Post by mrbaseball » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 pm

That is one of the reason we are upset, the university never required to have this. She did work part time while going through uni. Seems like a pretty bullshit reason to deny my PR since I already have the right to work here as a spouse of an EU citizen.

waaka
Newly Registered

Post by waaka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi All,

I am a EEA4 Nov.2012 applicant, awaiting response from HO. Has anyone got HO contact number for EEA4 applications to enquire on status ?. I couldn't find a number on HO site.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mrbaseball
Newly Registered

Post by mrbaseball » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:15 am

waaka wrote:Hi All,

I am a EEA4 Nov.2012 applicant, awaiting response from HO. Has anyone got HO contact number for EEA4 applications to enquire on status ?. I couldn't find a number on HO site.

As it looks like its been over 6 months for you, I suggest you contact your local MP and have them look into it for you. If you try to contact the Home Office, you will only get a dead end. That worked for me the two times I contacted mine.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:38 am

01516725626 Press Option 1 then Option 2. As the previous poster said, you're not likely to get much information. I called last week since mine is also past six months without a decision, and I was just told to be patient. When I pointed out that EU regulations state an application must be decided within six months the woman said "Oh, well, we don't always do that." :roll:
Well, duh, I already knew that or I wouldn't be calling!

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 am

yankeegirl wrote:

01516725626 Press Option 1 then Option 2. As the previous poster said, you're not likely to get much information. I called last week since mine is also past six months without a decision, and I was just told to be patient. When I pointed out that EU regulations state an application must be decided within six months the woman said "Oh, well, we don't always do that." :roll:
Well, duh, I already knew that or I wouldn't be calling!
Email:
NWEURODCCInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and

Marje.Clarke@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

i always get responses from them..