ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Defacto Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

briohny
Newly Registered

Irish Defacto Visa

Post by briohny » Sun May 30, 2004 1:07 am

I am Australian and have been dating an Irish National for the past two years. We've been living together for most of this time in the Republic of Ireland and since my working/holiday visa has expired we are interested in obtaining an Irish defacto visa so that we can stay together. Can you please send me any information that will help us do this. This is my first point of contact regarding the issue and i am not sure of who i need to contact or speak to. I will appreciate anything you can do for me.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thanks

Briohny

Clairenew
Newly Registered

Irish Defacto visa

Post by Clairenew » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:03 am

I have been living with a Kiwi for the past 3.5 years and we were trying to get information on this defacto visas for Ireland,as I am an Irish resident. I was told by the Department of Foreign Affairs, that "defacto relationships do not exist"! The lady told me that we would have to get married, which we do not want to do and definiteley not for the sake of a visa, and would not garauntee my partner a visa.

If any one has any further info it would be much appreciated

:D